PFF Mock. Tua falls to 10, Miami goes D, Jets pass on Jeudy for OL

More Cowbell

I think Tua is going to be a monster bust at the next level.

I've been praying for Jeudy for a while now but wouldnt be upset at all if we passed on him for Thomas.  This is deep WR class too so it's reasonable to think you can get some serious talent in RD's 2-3.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

I think Tua is going to be a monster bust at the next level.

I've been praying for Jeudy for a while now but wouldnt be upset at all if we passed on him for Thomas.  This is deep WR class too so it's reasonable to think you can get some serious talent in RD's 2-3.

This could be 2014 all over again, maybe even better at the top.   

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

As I’ve said, short of Darnold getting injured or coming down with gonorrhea...we aren’t picking in the Top 5.

At this point, someone like Tee Higgins, CeeDee Lamb, or Tristan Wirfs is more realistic than Jerry Jeudy or Andrew Thomas.

Darnold to CeeDee Lamb for a decade would be orgasmic. Lamb might be better than Jeudy. 

But an elite LT is still tops on my wish list.

• Upvote 3

Just now, PS17 said:

Darnold to CeeDee Lamb for a decade would be orgasmic. Lamb might be better than Jeudy. 

But an elite LT is still tops on my wish list.

Can’t say it would shock me.

Assuming we end up picking in the 10-16 range, Wirfs would probably be at the top of my list just because of the incredible depth at wideout in this class.

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

No f***ing way.  The WRs that will be available to them in the first will be much better than the edge or CBs that will be there.  

This

The defense is at least adequate.

I’ll gladly go into next season starting guys like Darryl Roberts and Tarrell Basham again if it means adding a shiny new toy for Darnold.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Only two positions to draft in the first round in 2020, LT or WR, that is it.  

Depending on where we pick, I could see another spot on the OL -- kid like the Wisconsin Center Tyler Biadasz could be in play if we are picking in the teens; although we really have no clue in October where any of these guys will go;  but Wisconsin linemen rarely bust, and we could use a bad-ass on our line.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Lith said:

Depending on where we pick, I could see another spot on the OL -- kid like the Wisconsin Center Tyler Biadasz could be in play if we are picking in the teens; although we really have no clue in October where any of these guys will go;  but Wisconsin linemen rarely bust, and we could use a bad-ass on our line.

Agreed.  Biadasz or Creed Humphrey could be viable mid first picks.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yep

Even guys like Solomon Kindley and Creed Humphrey could enter the conversation if we’re picking in the teens/early 20’s.

6 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

No f***ing way.  The WRs that will be available to them in the first will be much better than the edge or CBs that will be there.  

Isn't it true that this draft is very deep in WR talent??? If that's true we might be able to snag a Wr in the 2nd who turns out to be just as productive. We have to solve this long standing problem with our defense. Not being able to close out games because we don't have a disruptor on the outside. I'm sick of it.

Just now, Untouchable said:

Yep

Even guys like Solomon Kindley and Creed Humphrey could enter the conversation if we’re picking in the teens/early 20’s.

If you are going to talk about early 20s, might as well go all the way and speculate on 31 or 32. 

Not sure about Kindley -- day 2, okay; but right now, I don't see a first rounder when I watch him play.

• Upvote 1

Just now, genot said:

Isn't it true that this draft is very deep in WR talent??? If that's true we might be able to snag a Wr in the 2nd who turns out to be just as productive. We have to solve this long standing problem with our defense. Not being able to close out games because we don't have a disruptor on the outside. I'm sick of it.

My point is that there are more elite type WR prospects that will be available in the first than edge guys.  It’s early, but I don’t see a bunch of elite edge guys.  Some good ones but a lot of late first early 2nd guys.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

My point is that there are more elite type WR prospects that will be available in the first than edge guys.  It’s early, but I don’t see a bunch of elite edge guys.  Some good ones but a lot of late first early 2nd guys.  

What about cornerback. Blue chip, lock down corners???

27 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I can't wait until the Jets pick an OL over WR(or vice versa) and the in fighting can start about how it was the wrong decision even though everyone universally agrees they are both glaring areas of need.

That’s better than debating the usual discussion of drafting a DT over a WR isn’t it?  Lol...

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, genot said:

Well LT, Yes. WR over edge or corner. No.

no, no, no, no, no. 

With the exception of actually taking Darnold,  we have drafted defense in the 1st round for a decade. 

We have Darnold. The team is going to be about offense, now. We need to invest in the offensive line and weapons for our QB. That's where the league is and that's where we are. 

• Sympathy 1