A defense of Adam Gase....

RonaldJet

59 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Adam Gase and CEO Christopher Johnson chat before practice. #Jets

View image on Twitter

Adam, I am calling this meeting behind the tree as the revolution is everywhere.  We are no longer able to meet in the open.  I even had to check this frickin garbage can to see if one of them was in there.

Adam, there will be a banner flying over the stadium sunday calling for you to be fired.  Heck, these guys even have Mike Francessa leaving the FAN to crush you on his podcast.  

I cannot ignore these guys anymore.  If you lose Sunday Adam, its over.  The revolution is just too powerful to contend with.  Good luck.

37 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Gase is responsible for Peyton's success. Also, the former Jets GM who didn't oversee a single game with Gase as the coach is solely and irrefutably responsible for all of Gase's failures.

Wins

Lose by Double Digits

Total Games Coached

Win%

Lose by Double Digits%

Dolphins

Total

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I am agreeing with you that he’s been bad and the prospects for improvement are dim, but I also think he, plus Douglas, are the best chance we have in the near term.

I’m with you on Douglas, who I’m willing to extend the benefit of the doubt to on pedigree alone, but I just can’t go there with you on Gase. At this point, the body of work is big enough that we can say definitively that he sucks.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

TS is really pushing this narrative but hasn't provided any evidence to back it up. The Jets can hire any available football coach given they pay him well and don't force unreasonable restrictions on them. 

It is the dream of every aspiring football coach to be an NFL head coach. The idea that they wouldn't consider coaching the Jets because they hired an incompetent buffoon too soon is laughable at best.

Given they do two things they haven't done un two decades.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I see Gase for what he truly is now.

He is that nutjob that EVERY Company has, who is 110% married to the Company.  He’ll work 22 hours a day 7 days a week...tirelessly.

The nutjob is not particularly bright, definitely doesn’t get RESULTS that anyone would deem outstanding, his results in fact are barely average and if he just worked an 8 hour day they would be far below average.  There is talk sometimes that maybe he should be let go but then management all agrees that the “guy basically works for $1 an Hour considering all that time he puts in...we’ll keep him”.

You couple that with the fact that I’m sure Gase is an as* kissser to the 1st degree, along with being a a known back stabbing snake, a finger pointer, a fake who ditches and dodges and it all makes sense now as to how a guy who never personally played football at higher than the high school level some how finagled his way into an NFL HC job(s).

But most importantly it is now evident that Gase can’t even scheme to protect the Jet Organization’s basically ONLY Asset....Sam Darnold....and that is unforgivable.  I don’t care if they NEVER win another game with Gase unfortunately still being HC.  That is the 1 and only thing that he has to succeed at.  We already know that Gase the “QB Whisperer” has caused Darnold’s game to backslide, this after a stellar final quarter of 2018 when Darnold was the NFLs Top Rated Passer.

I think Darnold is right now the NFL’s LOWEST rated Passer....along with virtually EVERY Jet OFFENSIVE METRIC being either at the VERY BOTTOM or close to it in the NFL.

Why is that?

Why is Lev Bell averaging 3.3 yards a carry?

Why is the Jet O averaging no more than 1 TD per game?  Hey, a funny thing, Gase’s O in Miami barely averaged a TD per game over his last 10 games there.

I realize due to Stumblebum Maccagnan the roster is bottom feeding, but still you’d expect to at least be just SOMEWHAT competitive with an “Offensive Genius”, wouldn’t you?

That’s why Gase must be Fired....YESTERDAY.

Thank you and well said... 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, MaxAF said:

Nothing to fear guys. Gase said in a NY Post article today that the team is getting better every day in practice, communicating better. They are working hard. They are really focusing on getting better every day.

I personally feel a lot better about the team now. Yeah right!!!

he been saying that for weeks, just saying. 

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

injuries.jpg

No head coach in the NFL could be successful with this mess of players who have missed 4-8 games.

We've lost 7 offensive starters and 7 defensive starters.  You realize that there are only 11 starters on each squad, yes?  And that we are essentially rolling out an NFL expansion team each Sunday, yes?

SAR I

Not so fast... your statement  was that he was holding the team together.  What evidence do you have to support that supposition besides his daily statements about how the :guys" are working hard, practicing hard and are together.  Please be specific …. 

Lets rewind to Miami game where NO ONE made any effort to recover the blown hike.  Lets talk about a team that if they truly believed in the head coach would at least try to be competitive and frankly are not … except for the Dallas game which seems to be an outliner now, this team looks dead. 

They have assumed the demeanor of the coach.  Essentially they play with no emotion and seems uninspired because maybe, just maybe, its because they see what a lot of us see... a HC that is a loser,,,  IF you doubt that... look no further then his over all record for the last few years 13-26 I believe. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

I’m with you on Douglas, who I’m willing to extend the benefit of the doubt to on pedigree alone, but I just can’t go there with you on Gase. At this point, the body of work is big enough that we can say definitively that he sucks.

Ya but all the right people dont like him. Vive la Gase!

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, SOJ said:

Not so fast... your statement  was that he was holding the team together.  What evidence do you have to support that supposition besides his daily statements about how the :guys" are working hard, practicing hard and are together.  Please be specific …. 

Lets rewind to Miami game where NO ONE made any effort to recover the blown hike.  Lets talk about a team that if they truly believed in the head coach would at least try to be competitive and frankly are not … except for the Dallas game which seems to be an outliner now, this team looks dead. 

They have assumed the demeanor of the coach.  Essentially they play with no emotion and seems uninspired because maybe, just maybe, its because they see what a lot of us see... a HC that is a loser,,,  IF you doubt that... look no further then his over all record for the last few years 13-26 I believe. 

The locker room has crumbled.  They hate the crap gase pulled on Osemele.  Jamal Adams wont talk to gase or the gm.  Leveon bell left the locker room w/o talking the the media the last 2 games so he doesnt rip gase publicly and ruin his image hes rebuilt.

Why do you all flock to Same Old SAR over and over and over and over.  We have moved past low level posters like him.  

• Sympathy 1

18 hours ago, T0mShane said:

@Pac was the only one to ever make excuses for Maccagnan and Pac is historically insane.

You've become an Idzik and Gase apologist.  The worst GM in the history of the Jets and a guy who is on pace to out-kotite, Kotite.

Macc man gave the Jets a playoff roster and sadly, injuries crushed the team..  Gase has amplified the problems by fielding an offense that doesn't appear to know what the hell they're doing. 

I'm not for firing him today but if December rolls around and the lineman still don't know who to block, and Darnold is still doing the moonwalk and launching floaters for INT's, then Gase should be put on this and given a one way ticket to the sun:

rocket rodeo GIF

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The locker room has crumbled.  They hate the crap gase pulled on Osemele.  Jamal Adams wont talk to gase or the gm.  Leveon bell left the locker room w/o talking the the media the last 2 games so he doesnt rip gase publicly and ruin his image hes rebuilt.

Why do you all flock to Same Old SAR over and over and over and over.  We have moved past low level posters like him.  

Joe good advice … and I'll use it. 

10 minutes ago, SOJ said:

Joe good advice … and I'll use it. 

Nice buddy.  The IQ of the Jet fan is at an all time high, the real SOJFs have been exposed and the enlightened ones have banded together to eradicate the poison that is seeping through this franchise.

The clock is ticking on one Adam Gase.  We will not stop until he is fired.

On 11/6/2019 at 11:54 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

Did you feel bad for maccagnan when this scumbag adam gase went behind his back and got him fired?

Get out of here with this nonsense.  Gase is a manipulative, conniving, controlling, abusive man.

There is no place for this thread on this forum.  he is ruining our beloved jets and you feel bad for the guy.  Not even the revolution can help you. 

i guess parcells was never manipulative, conniving, controlling, abusive and neither was the bellichicken.  if this is what gase is then it comes with the territory.

i don't care if he is any of the above.  in the words of al davis, just win baby.

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

how do you know the lockeroom has crumbled?  because osemele had a hissy fit about getting surgery?  or was it when adams started spewing because there was a chance he might be traded?  seems to me both these guys caused their own problems.  osemele wasn't quite the player they thought they were signing and adams basically showed he's not really fit to be a team captain.  and might i add that more than one fan would've been more than happy to see adams shipped off for a low first round pick.

the bottom line is gase is only responsible for what he can control.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

how do you know the lockeroom has crumbled?  because osemele had a hissy fit about getting surgery?  or was it when adams started spewing because there was a chance he might be traded?  seems to me both these guys caused their own problems.  osemele wasn't quite the player they thought they were signing and adams basically showed he's not really fit to be a team captain.  and might i add that more than one fan would've been more than happy to see adams shipped off for a low first round pick.

the bottom line is gase is only responsible for what he can control.

Like I've said before, instead of people chipping in for "fire Gase" propaganda, they should chip in for a sign on his door that reads "the buck stops somewhere else".

Or maybe "You aren't what your record says you are".

• Upvote 1

Keep reading Manish!  It's making you so much smarter!
SAR I

What are you talking about? These are all facts and if Manish states the same, then he is absolutely right! The HC sux and if your one of his supporters, then root for the next team he coaches (at whatever point he gets fired) and not the Jets. He has Zero positives to speak of and he is a LOSER! In a battle of wits your an unarmed opponent.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

And that's the fundamental underlying argument, isn't it?

When are injuries not an "excuse" and actually just "the truth"?

I say a team as decimated as the Jets are qualifies as "truth", not "excuse".  Losing 14 of 22 starters is outrageous and unprecidented, but you know, that's just me, what do I know.

You are a Never Gaser so you'll look to distort any truth to fit your narrative of hate.  That's all that's going on here.  It's not about performance.  It's not about objectivity.  It's about you hating Adam Gase.  Impeachment ahead of 2020.  Not going to fly.

SAR I

No and you are wrong again Sar seriously you are trying to fight logic. I am am ny Jet fan and want the best for the team. gase even if the misinformed who have an issue with basic facts and stats agree with you have to admit teh one job gase was brought in here for  was to help Sam. And he has failed, Sam has regressed and for that alone he should be fired.

Nevermind the basic facts he never developed a young qb into anything special the offensive genious offensive game plans suck and he has yet to figure out how to help and offensive line that has a hole regressed because of his scheme.

I say everyone who buys into this team losing they way they have because of injuries has basic issues understanding and accepting facts. most of the [people who Gase gine know there have been injuries but his game planning or lack there of the way his offensive unit has performed is enough reason for the Guru to be fired. If you were a real Jet fan who wanted the best for this team rather then clinging to the notion that gase might be an NFL caliber head coach, would want him as far from this team as humanly possible.

5 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Anyone who doesn’t think this firing isn’t inevitable is filling themselves. It’s not all Gase’s fault but he’s not helping either. Someone has to pay for this Epic sh*t show, and it isn’t unfortunately Chris Johnson.

Adam Gase will get fired. All head coaches do. 

But the clock doesn’t start ticking on him until November of next season. 

SAR I

6 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

TS is really pushing this narrative but hasn't provided any evidence to back it up. The Jets can hire any available football coach given they pay him well and don't force unreasonable restrictions on them. 

It is the dream of every aspiring football coach to be an NFL head coach. The idea that they wouldn't consider coaching the Jets because they hired an incompetent buffoon too soon is laughable at best.

Thank you I have been saying that but the narrative with the people who love gase is because if we fire him we wont find anyone to coach which is a fallacy at best. ok honestly there are two people trying to defend gase here and they are failing miserably because you cant fight facts

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Adam Gase will get fired. All head coaches do. 

But the clock doesn’t start ticking on him until November of next season. 

SAR I

wrong the clock starting ticking in Sept of 19 when the regular season started and the games started counting. You may be ok with wasting yrs but most of are not

On 11/6/2019 at 12:12 PM, T0mShane said:

I don’t. I think Gase has been bad here, but I also think the fans are reactionary to the point of blind rage at this point. The roster is terrible and injuries made it worse. They look like sh*t. How much should we blame Gase for what we’re seeing: 50%? 75? That’s fine, but I don’t think fans would be having these spasms if another coach was 1-7 and took the podium after these losses and begged for stigmata.

You blame the fans?  wow...just wow.