Jamal Adams - "I'm not going to get out there until I'm myself"

JTJet

5 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Do you see this type of leadership behavior from Aaron Donald? Tom Brady? Aaron Rodgers? Deshaun Watson? Patrick Mahomes? JJ Watt? No you do not, and they have far better resumes than Jamal. 

Do you follow other teams that closely to see what those players do on a daily basis, and what they say daily. 

NY media is part of the problem there is so much hate for Jamal Adams.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, JTJet said:

Do we appreciate him interacting with us? Of course. Are we happy he recruited FAs for us? Of Course. Are we happy he is a Pro Bowler? Again of course....but people can be happy with all that AND be critical of him at the same time. 

He portrays himself as General #&*%# Patton, yet when we lose? He is on social media promoting himself. When trade chatter comes up? He goes on a twitter tirade. Then we start winning again? He plays well and zips it. Then lose again? Back to promoting himself. 

I'm not stating anything that isnt well documented here. I desperately want Jamal to be the best safety to ever play the game, cause im a loyal fan of our team. 

But when someone calls themselves a leader, then their actions prove otherwise? They are going to get roasted for it. 

Do you see this type of leadership behavior from Aaron Donald? Tom Brady? Aaron Rodgers? Deshaun Watson? Patrick Mahomes? JJ Watt? No you do not, and they have far better resumes than Jamal. 

Brady and Rodgers. Cmon. Didn't Brady want to trademark the phrase "Tom Terrific". Rodgers, from all accounts is the biggest backstabber in the league. I really don't know about him promoting himself stuff. You could be reading him correctly, you could not.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Do you follow other teams that closely to see what those players do on a daily basis, and what they say daily. 

I wont disagree with the NY media part at all but you can make a fair judgement just simply watching ESPN. 

For a team with as bad of a record as we have, Jamal has given Stephen A Smith more soundbites and tweets on his own accord than any one of those other players. 

Jamal tweeting and posting on Insta has nothing to do with the media. That is brought on to himself, and its calculated to keep his name in the spotlight, even when our team is losing. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

I wont disagree with the NY media part at all but you can make a fair judgement just simply watching ESPN. 

For a team with as bad of a record as we have, Jamal has given Stephen A Smith more soundbites and tweets on his own accord than any one of those other players. 

Jamal tweeting and posting on Insta has nothing to do with the media. That is brought on to himself, and its calculated to keep his name in the spotlight, even when our team is losing. 

Steven A Smith!!!!!!!!!!!!  Are you really using him as a credible person to judge Jamal Adams? 

No way dude no way Steven A Smith guy is the biggest douche on ESPN.

3 minutes ago, genot said:

Brady and Rodgers. Cmon. Didn't Brady want to trademark the phrase "Tom Terrific". Rodgers, from all accounts is the biggest backstabber in the league. I really don't know about him promoting himself stuff. You could be reading him correctly, you could not.

Rodgers and Brady have never bashed their own team for the public to see. Ever. Nor has any other guy I listed.

Jamal publically dressed down Joe Douglas on Twitter this season in epic fashion for the entire world to see. 

That one mistake alone is enough to say he is a phony leader.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Steven A Smith!!!!!!!!!!!!  Are you really using him as a credible person to judge Jamal Adams? 

No way dude no way Steven A Smith guy is the biggest douche on ESPN.

Again agreed. I'm not saying he is credible for anything. Just simply pointing out that things Jamal has said this year of his own accord have provided people like Steven several days worth of content to bash our team on. 

Just now, JTJet said:

Rodgers and Brady have never bashed their own team for the public to see. Ever. Nor has any other guy I listed.

Jamal publically dressed down Joe Douglas on Twitter this season in epic fashion for the entire world to see. 

Your assuming it was a mistake. Maybe it was. Maybe it wasn't. We don't know what Douglas said to Adams before the trade deadline. If he did tell him he wouldn't be traded, then he lied to him. I'd be pissed too. Taking it public wasn't the right thing to do. i don't think though it's an unforgivable error in judgement. We all make those errors. don't we?

• Sympathy 1

Won;t mind him being out for a few weeks just to see how much a SS does not really matter, much like ILBs who have been out and none pass rushing DTs.
What does matter in your miopic view ? Let me guess ... QB, Edge, OL, WR, RB, CB in that order ... It's a small view. ... What matters is ballers ... And this guy is top 25 in the league.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, genot said:

Your assuming it was a mistake. Maybe it was. Maybe it wasn't. We don't know what Douglas said to Adams before the trade deadline. If he did tell him he wouldn't be traded, then he lied to him. I'd be pissed too. Taking it public wasn't the right thing to do. i don't think though it's an unforgivable error in judgement. We all make those errors. don't we?

I agree it is a forgiveable error in judgement, but in doing so he gave us a glimpse of how his mind works. When things go well, it's all sunshine and rainbows, but the moment he hit an adverse situation, he went crying to the Twitter corner, instead of professionally handling his business.

We were fortunate that most tv/radio/internet personalities seemed to side with the Jets in the situation, but it drew unwanted attention to our team, and guess what? We lost our very next game to the winless Dolphins. 

A real leader would have kept his head down through that trade chatter and been more worried about preparing for the game, of which he got embarrassed. Dont think for a second that his drama didnt take the teams focus off the game a bit. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, JTJet said:

I agree it is a forgiveable error in judgement, but in doing so he gave us a glimpse of how his mind works. When things go well, it's all sunshine and rainbows, but the moment he hit an adverse situation, he went crying to the Twitter corner, instead of professionally handling his business.

We were fortunate that most tv/radio/internet personalities seemed to side with the Jets in the situation, but it drew unwanted attention to our team, and guess what? We lost our very next game to the winless Dolphins. 

A real leader would have kept his head down through that trade chatter and been more worried about preparing for the game, of which he got embarrassed. Dont think for a second that his drama didnt take the teams focus off the game a bit. 

He play's in the NFL. He makes a lot of money. he gets a lot of attention from a lot of different people. He's still a 24 year old with a lot of maturing to go. Just like a lot of us, when we were that age, I'm 48, and i still haven't grown up. Lol.

• Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, JTJet said:

He is 23!!  He made a mistake.  It's like OBJ the kid has a ton of passion and emotion that sometimes gets misguided but at the end of the day it comes from a place of wanting to win.   He undressed the GM because he wanted to be a JET and not be traded and the rumors got to those emotions without fully understanding what went down.  Clearly he's got somethings to learn   Is he a leader? Not off the field. He's got some growing to do off the field.  On the field his play is elite and his teammates respond to him.

If the Jets were 10-2 and this stuff happened. No one would hate on him. 

Why? Well winning is the cure for being passionate or immature or douche or whatever word you want to use to describe the way for years and years Tom Brady acts towards his teammates on the field and the sideline.  But hey he's earned it. Jamal and OBJ haven't  earned it.   Pro Bowls and being an ALL-PRO means nothing.    Easily replace those guys.

If the drama and BS effects the locker room those guys gotta go but not one teammate talks nothing but great things about both Adams and OBJ.  So I personally say let them grow and learn.  Don't trade Adams.  Unless you get a haul for him.  Which is why he is on the Jets.  Joe D had his value set and it was high and wasn't close to being met.  UNless Adams ask for a trade thats how it'll stay

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Ok boomer 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Anything any player says is picked up by the national sports entertainment media, so really anyone should be able to track on comments like this.

Anyway, that aside, willingness to play hurt isn’t a leadership trait. It’s self-preservation. Not a big deal either.

57 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

What does matter in your miopic view ? Let me guess ... QB, Edge, OL, WR, RB, CB in that order ... It's a small view. ... What matters is ballers ... And this guy is top 25 in the league.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ballers do not help you win if they are doing things that in the end do not help you win.

He is hailed as the greatest player in the jets, lets see how his replacement does if he is allowed to blitz on every play.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Ballers do not help you win if they are doing things that in the end do not help you win.

He is hailed as the greatest player in the jets, lets see how his replacement does if he is allowed to blitz on every play.

Lol

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He personally gave up two TDs against Fitzpatrick the last time they played, so the bar isn't all that high for whoever replaces him this week. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, genot said:

When this site has two or more threads every week on one player, you have to wonder why. Aging white people will accept a black athlete as long as they do their job and keep their mouths shut. If not, this is what you get.

Yeah, this isn't the site for this. 

2 hours ago, genot said:

Do you have any kids. do you pay attention to the tweets of our current president. It's what they do  now. A way of socializing without having to go out. Im not into it. Everybody else is, who's younger than 25.

Okay, so this definitely isn't the site for this. I am leaving this one locked. No politics.