Saturday games thread - beat the cheaters*

5 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

This.

Steve Smith summed it up perfectly. When push comes to shove. The Bills brain trust didn’t trust Allen’s arm. Rather, they trusted his legs. 

Allen as won 10 games this year, we’ve won 9 games in two years. 

When do we get to the point where “push comes to shove”...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

1995 - last time the Buffalo Bills won a playoff game.

3 - the number of points the Buffalo Bills scored in their last playoff game.

The. Bills. Aren't. A. Playoff. Team.

SAR I

Again its fine. How big is the drought now for the jets now since that missed the playoffs now cause its getting up there? . What were your scores against NE and Baltimore this year the top teams in the afc? 

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

1995 - last time the Buffalo Bills won a playoff game.

3 - the number of points the Buffalo Bills scored in their last playoff game.

The. Bills. Aren't. A. Playoff. Team.

SAR I

The Bills are a playoff team.  You know how I know that?  Because they've already clinched a playoff berth.

Though I know, I know.  You aren't what your record says you are.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You can tell by the typos and quickly worded sentences that this is a prime example of "assmad".

Imagine being such an utterly pathetic tool that you have to come to a Jets forum and, for multiple weeks, pretend to be a Jets fan only to fall apart at the seams because SAR ruined your day.  Could never be me.

Again my guy im laughing and the name calling a little childish 

1 minute ago, Jetsbaby93 said:

Again its fine. How big is the drought now for the jets now since that missed the playoffs now cause its getting up there? . What were your scores against NE and Baltimore this year the top teams in the afc? 

"How big is the drought now for the Jets now"

dTcAHZc_d.jpg.9bc887f80089d9557bd97c26591fce3a.jpg

4 minutes ago, Jetsbaby93 said:

We are injured. 18 players on IR. $60M in cap in a sickbed.

It’s a shame the Jets are down to a JV roster or you wouldn’t have made the playoffs at all and you would be spared the inevitable playoff loss. Sorry about that. 

SAR I

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Jetsbaby93 said:

Again my guy im laughing and the name calling a little childish 

You aren't laughing.  You're beyond assmad.  F*ck off to "the stadium wall" you pathetic troll.  There is nothing sadder than wasting time on another fanbase's forum to rile them up.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You are lucky the Jets are down to a JV roster or you wouldn’t have made the playoffs at all and you would be spared the inevitable playoff loss. 

SAR I

How would you know? Or is this just make believe cause it didnt happen 

13 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

This.

Steve Smith summed it up perfectly. When push comes to shove. The Bills brain trust didn’t trust Allen’s arm. Rather, they trusted his legs. 

8 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Which means what exactly?  I saw him at Wyoming and he did the same sh*t.  If you can't trust a QB to make the kind of throws that win games... is his ceiling really good enough?  You build a good team around a great quarterback   Not a great team around  an average one.  Esp nowadays where QB play is everything.

Lmao

are you two serious? They called a QB sweep on 1st down. It was a good call that didn’t work. 

I understand your feelings were hurt when guys here were impressed with Allen today, but c’mon. Do you really need to convince yourself he’s bad to make you feel better about our QB?

Him being good has no bearing on whether Darnold will ever be good or not.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It’s a shame the Jets are down to a JV roster or you wouldn’t have made the playoffs at all and you would be spared the inevitable playoff loss. Sorry about that. 

SAR I

Sorry bud . No excuses . Everyone plays with injuries . We have no depth .

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Jetsbaby93 said:

You're name calling. Seems you are the one that is upset 

My guy, I have been perfectly content with this season being over after week 2.  I can promise you that, between the two of us, the one who isn't trolling another fanbase to get over a brutal loss is not the one who is upset.  I'm just calling you out for what you are.  A pathetic waste of bandwidth.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Sorry bud . No excuses . Everyone plays with injuries . We have no depth .

I'm not defending the coaches, but look at what Kyle Shanahan's team looks like now that it has all of its players back.  They had an alamingly similar situation and now their team, compared to last year, is night and day.

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Lmao

are you two serious? They called a QB sweep on 1st down. It was a good call that didn’t work. 

I understand your feelings were hurt when guys here were impressed with Allen today, but c’mon. Do you really need to convince yourself he’s bad to make you feel better about our QB?

He had a great arm and he can run fast.  That will be repeated, over and over again, the next few years as long as he stays healthy.

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Lmao

I understand your feelings were hurt when guys were impressed with Allen, but c’mon. Do you really need to convince yourself he’s bad to make you feel better about our QB?

If you think that my Allen comment has anything to do with Sam, you way off. I’m simply agreeing with what Steve Smith ( who’s quite astute) said.

the Bills coaching staff knows full well what they’ve got in Allen and that’s a run first,QB that when asked to throw, will  rely on his howitzer of an arm to thread the needle to closely covered Wide outs. His ability to see the field, go through his progressions is limited. 

This Bills team reminds me a lot of the Rex Jets; a good OLine with a stout defence. That’s why they’ve won so many games this year and why they’re a tough out. But let’s not fool ourselves, they’re not great and that’s because Allen is limited.

Allen is good but in my opinion limited. I don’t think he’ll be elite.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I'm not defending the coaches, but look at what Kyle Shanahan's team looks like now that it has all of its players back.  They had an alamingly similar situation and now their team, compared to last year, is night and day.

But it just wasn't injures look at the amount of talent they brought in from the draft and free agency. San Fran had a lack of talent last year in my opinion to compete in the nfc last year 

3 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

He had a great arm and he can run fast.  That will be repeated, over and over again, the next few years as long as he stays healthy.

You forgot the part where he’s better then Darnold, but that’s not what we were talking about.

We were talking about the QB sweep, and it was a good call because “he has a great arm and can run fast” ...and when you have a guy who “runs fast” and he’s built like a tank, let him loose. If they had run a draw or a conventional sweep on first and goal nobody would’ve said a word. 

Maybe it’s just me, but I’ll go with the call a good HC like McDermott sends in over what a moronic talking head like Steve Smith says after the fact.

10 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

If you think that my Allen comment has anything to do with Sam, you way off. I’m simply agreeing with what Steve Smith ( who’s quite astute) said.

the Bills coaching staff knows full well what they’ve got in Allen and that’s a run first,QB that when asked to throw, will  rely on his howitzer of an arm to thread the needle to closely covered Wide outs. His ability to see the field, go through his progressions is limited. 

This Bills team reminds me a lot of the Rex Jets; a good OLine with a stout defence. That’s why they’ve won so many games this year and why they’re a tough out. But let’s not fool ourselves, they’re not great and that’s because Allen is limited.

That’s fair, my friend. I disagree with you about Smith however. I think he’s a moronic thug they dress up in a suit and tie. Your opinion is as good as mine though on him, and the play call.  Here’s my reply to the other person we were talking to, it covers everything else I’d say on the subject.

I took out the “Darnold part” ?

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

We were talking about the QB sweep, and it was a good call because “he has a great arm and can run fast” ...and when you have a guy who “runs fast” and he’s built like a tank, let him loose. If they had run a draw or a conventional sweep on first and goal nobody would’ve said a word. 

Maybe it’s just me, but I’ll go with the call a good HC like McDermott sends in over what a moronic talking head like Steve Smith says after the fact.

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Teams are having more success against the niners defense lately. Seems they're somewhat solved. All this misdirection is keeping Goff pretty clean.

This, and the fact that their schedule has gotten a lot tougher. Still a good team though, just not as good as they looked out of the gate.

1 hour ago, Jetsbaby93 said:

But it just wasn't injures look at the amount of talent they brought in from the draft and free agency. San Fran had a lack of talent last year in my opinion to compete in the nfc last year 

They added Bosa and Deebo.  Most of the difference making plays are coming from the players returning from IR doom a year ago including, most importantly, Jimmy G.

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Allen is the best QB in the NFL. Elite traits. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

They added Bosa and Deebo.  Most of the difference making plays are coming from the players returning from IR doom a year ago including, most importantly, Jimmy G.

Bosa deebo then free agency they added coleman kwon alexander traded for dee ford then in season Emmanuel sanders. 

36 minutes ago, Jetsbaby93 said:

Bosa deebo then free agency they added coleman kwon alexander traded for dee ford then in season Emmanuel sanders. 

Tevin Coleman has 500 yards a 3.9 per carry. He's been ok, not spectacular.

Kwon has been good, Ford has been good.  Not world changing.

The big reason for their success though is there is now a QB in place, along with other pieces, that spent last season on IR, meaning teams can't play them one dimensional anymore.