Thank you to all you season ticket holders ...

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

The new stadium put more deserving fans in the good seats.  Evicted the pretend fans that were profiting off the backs of the wait listers by selling half their seats to brokers and getting paid to attend the rest.  I knew a guy with 12 seats that belonged to his uncle and father right down on the 40 and he put his kids through school on those seats.

SAR I

"Pretend fans that were profiting?"  It's called capitalism.  Surely a man who drives around in such a fine vehicle like yourself understands that, right?  

The bottom line is that fans can do whatever they want with their tickets and if what they do gets your panties in a bunch well then boo hoo for you.

And by the way, the only difference between season ticket holders in the old stadiums and the "more de$erving" ones in Met Life is that most of the Met Life folks had to pay tens of thousands of dollars for the right to resell their tickets, and over the last 10 years, that's likely been at a loss for most games. I'm no investment wizard, but that doesn't sound like a great deal to me.   But I know, I know - you're a "real" fan with lots of disposable income so......zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Why? There’s nothing righteous about watching a bad football team. There are far better things to do on a Sunday. 

This, pretty much.

I understand those who are frustrated the stadium is half full of the opposing teams fans, I really do. I hate it. It's one of the major reasons I didn't go to a game this year. If I'm going to watch my favorite team lose I'd rather not do it surrounded by cheering fans of teams that I hate.

But the reality is people should spend their time and money as they see fit. How can you really be mad at people who don't want to spend a few hundred dollars to sit in the freezing cold and watch a bad football team?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, FlagmanL11 said:

Nothing you can do about that, NFL travel is a industry and with easy access to tickets,and NY being a destination, we will always have 10-20% opposing fans in the stadium, and the teams on this years schedule there were more as they are "National" teams.  Next year we have the below home schedule so much the same with higher % of visitors and prob will also be hosting Cleveland again.  Should be another good year to sell your tickets if that is what you do. 

I don't think Broncos or Niners fans travel particularly well, and the Bills and Fish have never really invaded our stadium too bad.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This, pretty much.

I understand those who are frustrated the stadium is half full of the opposing teams fans, I really do. I hate it. It's one of the major reasons I didn't go to a game this year. If I'm going to watch my favorite team lose I'd rather not do it surrounded by cheering fans of teams that I hate.

But the reality is people should spend their time and money as they see fit. How can you really be mad at people who don't want to spend a few hundred dollars to sit in the freezing cold and watch a bad football team?

the Jets had a pretty good home record this year

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ChuckkieB said:

"Pretend fans that were profiting?"  It's called capitalism.  Surely a man who drives around in such a fine vehicle like yourself understands that, right?  

The bottom line is that fans can do whatever they want with their tickets and if what they do gets your panties in a bunch well then boo hoo for you.

And by the way, the only difference between season ticket holders in the old stadiums and the "more de$erving" ones in Met Life is that most of the Met Life folks had to pay tens of thousands of dollars for the right to resell their tickets, and over the last 10 years, that's likely been at a loss for most games. I'm no investment wizard, but that doesn't sound like a great deal to me.   But I know, I know - you're a "real" fan with lots of disposable income so......zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  

BMW's started to suck around 1996.

FD22C617-B480-4C78-8F31-F31D0AA0241B_1_105_c.jpeg.68aa289ba875493a1c6c0e2b0fd3274e.jpeg

17 hours ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

... for selling your tickets to Steelers fans.  Seeing them experience such an unexpected loss was truly SWEET!!!

There’s this cool thing called the internet where you can sell your tix.  To whoever wants them.  Who you have no clue which team they root for.  

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Xtina said:

Good for him. 

Good for him that the Jets let him have a dozen 40 yard line seats 10 rows off the field in Giants Stadium for $125 and he was able to sell them for 30 years to brokers for $300 each so that enemy fans could buy them in their travel packages?

What a fan you are.

SAR I

13 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Me too, I’m actually kinda jealous out of how much enjoyment they get out of going to the games week in and week out. Don’t get me wrong the actual game is a real good time, it’s everything else that goes into the day that gets me, most of all the traffic going home. 

The traffic isn't that bad depending on where one lives. 

And since so many of you love getting to the games 3 hours early to eat, drink, and piss, what's an hour of traffic after a game anyway?  Not inconvenient at all.

SAR I

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

And since so many of you love getting to the games 3 hours early to eat, drink, and piss, what's an hour of traffic after a game anyway?  Not inconvenient at all.

SAR I

Took me 2.5 hours to get to the south shore of Staten Island for the home opener. It was miserable. 

12 hours ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

The more deserving fans? You mean the ones that dont go? 

Someone with a set of 4 seats is spending $5,000 a year or $50,000 for the last 10 years of non-playoff football. 

If that person needs to list a game or two per year on StubHub because of family conflicts, that's life. 

There are 20 million people in the NY Metro area, of which probably 8 million are Jets fans.

8 million Jets fans.  10,000 typical open seats per game.  It's the fault of the 8 million that there are enemy fans in the stadium, not the handful of season ticket holders.  The 8 million don't have season tickets.  They can go see the Jets play Pittsburgh on a sunny December day after they've won 4 of their last 6 games.  They can support the team they claim to love so much.

SAR I

13 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Because you are such a long loyal fan, next Christmas my treat I’m going to buy you 2 tickets front and center on 50 yard line.. if you will accept.. I respect the blue collar jet fans like you...

Those aren't good seats.  I've sat down there plenty of times.

1.  They're too low, you can't see plays develop.

2.  The TV camera on the cart zips back and forth along the sidelines blocking your view.

3.  The fans down there are constantly standing up/down/up/down all game making me do calisthenics.

Row 1 Mezzanine I have none of these issues.  Great perspective of the field, no distracting camera in my face, and I'm the one deciding when the 100's of people behind me stand up or sit down.

SAR I

6 hours ago, FlagmanL11 said:

You left out beating the Giants 

I can respect a New Yorker being a Giants fan, just like I can respect them being a Jets fan.  They live here.

I'm talking about those kids 40 years ago in junior high school who wouldn't sign up to be a fan of their teams and instead chose the winning Dolphins, Cowboys, Raiders, or Steelers.  Those are the people in our building this year.  They're not flying up from Dallas or Miami.  They live on Long Island, Westchester, Queens, Manhattan, New Jersey, etc.

SAR I

4 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

The road fan infestation is definitely a problem and I have no idea how we solve it.  Probably has something but not everything to do with not sucking. 

It's simple.

There are 17,000 Jets fans who write season ticket checks to the team each year.

There are 8,000,000 Jets fans living in the NY Metro area.

When one of the 17,000 fans can't attend a game because of a family conflict, it's up to one of the 8,000,000 fans to buy their seats on Stubhub.  For below face value.  For $39 most games. 

That's what "fixes the infestation problem".

It is not for season ticket holders to be under pressure to attend 8 home games if they can only make 7; it is up to the non-season ticket holder who doesn't go to any games to man up, fan up, pay up, and attend 1 measly home game.  That keeps the enemy fans away.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

The internet sites eg Stub Hub have changed the dynamic of buying tickets for visiting fans.
At Shea and Giants Stadium visiting fans purchasing tickets were relegated to a specific section in the upper deck.
Now with technological advances you can go online and pick your section and many times your seat. Unfortunately this is never going away, it’s the new normal.
BTW, this also benefits Jet fans that no longer live in the Metro area, it seems there are numerous Jet fans buying tickets for games closer to their residence. At Miami a couple of years ago I was shocked by the number of Jet fans in attendance.
It seemed the Dolphins fans were
outnumbered

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It is not for season ticket holders to be under pressure to attend 8 home games if they can only make 7; it is up to the non-season ticket holder who doesn't go to any games to man up, fan up, pay up, and attend 1 measly home game.  That keeps the enemy fans away.

SAR I

So season ticket holders get to decide when they go to games, and when they don't feel like it or can't, the onus is on everyone else to pick up the slack, and if they don't, they are shamed and labeled "fake fans" by clowns like you.  This is obviously an absurd notion.   You can't possibly believe your own BS.  You are a troll extraordinaire, I'll give you that.  

1 minute ago, paulyjet said:

It's what you get pricing out the real fan.

The new ticket holders who buy just to sell are frauds.

No better than russian bots.

Fraud fans suck.

Yea... you know who you are.

i don't understand this pricing out of the real fan. 

the last few games had plenty of tickets available at very cheap prices.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

No, coming home it's always that bad. And for reasons known only to themselves during night games there was always a lane on a bridge or a tunnel tube closed.  Can anyone explain how you build a new stadium and make parking and vehicle entry and egress much worse? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

No, coming home it's always that bad. And for reasons known only to themselves during night games there was always a lane on a bridge or a tunnel tube closed.  Can anyone explain how you build a new stadium and make parking and vehicle entry and egress much worse? 

I guess that depends on where you enter and exit. Ingress coming from the west via rte 3 and leaving the stadium back on to 3 west is easy peasy and super fast if you park in J or thereabouts. Actually much better than it used to be before the new stadium.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Good for the people who went and had a good time watching an awesome victory but also good for the people like me who stayed home, enjoyed the win and then got other stuff done with the rest of their Sunday. Not everybody can justify spending their whole day off for a 6-9 team. 

That's fine, but understand that your decision to stay home instead of spending $39 to see a live Jets game puts enemy fans in the stadium.

So if you have an issue with enemy fans, that's on you, not season ticket holders.  If you don't have an issue with enemy fans, disregard this post and enjoy your holiday.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Sorry the TRUTH hurts, then again i'm not sorry for anything I said its all TRUTH and FACTS you cant handle truth and facts thats always been how you are on this board. 

Im not blaming anyone for anything I made a statement about how so many Steelers fans were in premium seats yesterday. 

Others feel the same way I do and are in the same situation and have been there done that when the stadium was full of diehard NY Jets fans unlike now. 

I had you on ignore for years here, I thought as you got older you got smarter, I was wrong you just don't have a damn clue and definitely still can't handle the truth. 

Many (most?) of the premium seats between the 30's on the lower level are owned by corporations who give them away as perks to favorite clients.  For a corporation, they are a cheaper alternative to a very expensive luxury suite.

So you can't even blame regular Jets fans for that because it's big companies like Sony and Toyota that own them and they give them away to fans of enemy teams just as much as they give them away to Jets fans.

SAR I

3 hours ago, FlagmanL11 said:

Nothing you can do about that, NFL travel is a industry and with easy access to tickets,and NY being a destination, we will always have 10-20% opposing fans in the stadium, and the teams on this years schedule there were more as they are "National" teams.  Next year we have the below home schedule so much the same with higher % of visitors and prob will also be hosting Cleveland again.  Should be another good year to sell your tickets if that is what you do. 

Besides the teams that are very close geographically (Buffalo, NE) you will see a ton of Miami, Denver, Oakland, and San Francisco fans-  again, not because they are traveling from anywhere but because their fans live in New York already.  All those friends from your local junior high school that defected in the early 80's to these successful teams are the ones who show up in MetLife.

So not only do you have a few legit 49ers fans who fly in from California, you have thousands of 49ers fans who have spent their whole lives in Long Island and Westchester.  Turncoat fans from the 80's who live among us.

SAR I

3 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

"Capitalism" isn't being a Giants fan and having your Shea Stadium dad and uncle die and leave you 12 Jets seats on the 40 yard line in Giants Stadium.  Which you turn around and sell to brokers for 3x face value for 30 years and put your kids through college with the money.

That puts enemy fans in the stadium and keeps great young Jets fans on a waiting list.  Two things I suspect you are against.

SAR I

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This is an argument for last season or any of the Geno Smith seasons.  Not this season.  This season we are a good football team.  We're about to finish the year on a 6-2 run with a bunch of young backups rushed into emergency duty and a quarterback taking nice next-steps.  Of the 8,000,000 Jets fans in the NY Metro area, all it would have taken yesterday is 20,000 people to buy cheap seats on StubHub and show up to keep the Steeler fans out.  It's awful that they didn't.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

"Capitalism" isn't being a Giants fan and having your Shea Stadium dad and uncle die and leave you 12 Jets seats on the 40 yard line in Giants Stadium.  Which you turn around and sell to brokers for 3x face value for 30 years and put your kids through college with the money.

SAR I

I'm no economist, but I'm fairly certain that is EXACTLY what capitalism is.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, batman10023 said:

the Jets had a pretty good home record this year

And after a 1-7 start we're about to finish the year 6-2!  WTF could any Jets fan want this year?  I was the only guy who had us in the playoffs back in August.  The rest of them, the Jets are right where you thought they would be even with the ridiculous amount of injuries.

Just shows how cheap and lazy non-season ticket holders are.  Complain all day, do nothing to solve the enemy fan problem.  Apparently it's okay to only show up when the team is good.  We used to call that front-running.  I guess now we don't?  Right.

SAR I

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Anthony Jet said:

Took me 2.5 hours to get to the south shore of Staten Island for the home opener. It was miserable. 

Sorry, but that's the price you pay for fandom.  I remember taking the LIRR to the Port Authority Bus Terminal to Giants Stadium without tickets, hoping I could find a scalper to sell me some.  Half the time I wound up without tickets and heading back to Port Authority and LIRR and missing the whole game.

Sacrifice.  It's part of the fan experience.  It's what makes you feel vested.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Randy Rasmussen said:

The internet sites eg Stub Hub have changed the dynamic of buying tickets for visiting fans.
At Shea and Giants Stadium visiting fans purchasing tickets were relegated to a specific section in the upper deck.
Now with technological advances you can go online and pick your section and many times your seat. Unfortunately this is never going away, it’s the new normal.
BTW, this also benefits Jet fans that no longer live in the Metro area, it seems there are numerous Jet fans buying tickets for games closer to their residence. At Miami a couple of years ago I was shocked by the number of Jet fans in attendance.
It seemed the Dolphins fans were
outnumbered

Exactly right.  Did you see the Buffalo Pittsburgh game last week?  There were a ton of Buffalo fans there, and the Steelers are (supposedly) the most loyal fans in the business.

The thing to remember:

Because of the size of MetLife, there are always more Jets fans rooting for the Jets in MetLife Stadium than there are Patriots fans rooting in Gillette Stadium for the Patriots.  Same percentage of enemy fans in both places, Gillette Stadium is a lot smaller.

SAR I