Why do folks focus on other teams' misery/problems?

2 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

So which comments offended you? Because nobody bothers to post stuff like this unless their feathers have been ruffled. Personally, one can't help smile at the decline of the Pats or the complete cluster-f*ck that is now the NY Giants, our storied NY neighbors. Cleveland? Well, that's a bit of a stretch, although Baker Mayfield was certainly a topic here in the Darnold draft. Not sure why we can only speak about the Jets. Lots of stuff happens in the NFL that is worthy of discussion, unless of course your feathers are ruffled somehow.

Not offended, not trying to censor, just thinking that the failure of others doesn’t make me feel better about the Jets.  I respect that folks like to talk about other NFL topics but some of these threads are clearly trying to boost Jet fan morale by wading in the failure of our competitors or even caricaturing that failure. 

Take the Judge hire or the Jones pick last year. A bit too much intensity behind many posts when there is no data to really evaluate.  

I would say that I enjoy the threads about the Jets more.  It less distracting and less negative.  That’s all.

47 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

Not offended, not trying to censor, just thinking that the failure of others doesn’t make me feel better about the Jets.  I respect that folks like to talk about other NFL topics but some of these threads are clearly trying to boost Jet fan morale by wading in the failure of our competitors or even caricaturing that failure. 

Take the Judge hire or the Jones pick last year. A bit too much intensity behind many posts when there is no data to really evaluate.  

I would say that I enjoy the threads about the Jets more.  It less distracting and less negative.  That’s all.

So you're a bird without feathers? :)

Because there are so many people who go out of their way to make it seem like the Jets are the only team that can do things poorly. Example is making a million threads about how poorly Mac drafts without giving real statistics on how poorly other teams draft or how well they do. Same goes for the ten thousand everyone sucks thread after each loss.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

22 hours ago, Phillyjet said:

Just wondering why people are so focused on other teams' mistakes in threads here.  Or like to pound players that suck who we passed on, as some sort of validation of our lowly Jets?  Baker Mayfield sucks, look what the Giants did, the Browns are worse than us, look at what Brady and the Pats did, yada yada.  Who cares! 

I don't know, just seems weak and seems to imply some currency to the Jets being better as an organization, or that hey, we're not as bad as them or that player.  

All that really matters are the decisions this organization makes, the development of the players who are here, and the success of our coaches... there is no bonus as a Jets fan in other teams faltering, as far as I am concerned.  It doesn't replace the Jets winning or making good choices on their own, which hasn't happened much in recent years.  Seems to be more of a reflection of us not having much to cheer about on our own turf.  

Thoughts?

1. Baker Mayfield -  there was an army of posters on this messageboard for two years screaming at everyone about how great he was going to be in the nfl and anyone who disagreed was a retard

2. Giants - if you’re a jets fan and don’t despise the giants I really don’t know what to say

17 hours ago, Phillyjet said:

9C828635-9588-49E3-B111-B73D5AD736CB.gif

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

Because there are so many people who go out of their way to make it seem like the Jets are the only team that can do things poorly. Example is making a million threads about how poorly Mac drafts without giving real statistics on how poorly other teams draft or how well they do. Same goes for the ten thousand everyone sucks thread after each loss.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Dude is 100% correct.

Just wondering why people are so focused on other teams' mistakes in threads here.  Or like to pound players that suck who we passed on, as some sort of validation of our lowly Jets?  Baker Mayfield sucks, look what the Giants did, the Browns are worse than us, look at what Brady and the Pats did, yada yada.  Who cares! 
I don't know, just seems weak and seems to imply some currency to the Jets being better as an organization, or that hey, we're not as bad as them or that player.  
All that really matters are the decisions this organization makes, the development of the players who are here, and the success of our coaches... there is no bonus as a Jets fan in other teams faltering, as far as I am concerned.  It doesn't replace the Jets winning or making good choices on their own, which hasn't happened much in recent years.  Seems to be more of a reflection of us not having much to cheer about on our own turf.  
Thoughts?

Hahahahahaaaaa!!

Not to imply anything disrespectful toward you, but it seems like you might be new to Jets fandom.

The only damn thing I get any joy out of most of the time is the hatred I have for other teams. Not that that produces enough for me either with the Pats 10 Super Bowls and the Giants 5.
But you get the point.

Hey man. If Freddie Kitchens being made out to be the fraud he was after his comments toward Gregg Williams is all I get, I’ll ask you not to piss on my corn flakes please.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Baker Mayfield is a goofy, dickish dickbag and take satisfaction out of watching him fall flat on his dickish face.

This may be the finest commentary I’ve ever read on JN. It sums up just about every single thing I’ve ever thought.
It was worth stopping in to JN today all on its own and I thank you sir.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 1