Fanspeak Mocks

Doggin94it

Ran a few 4 round Fanspeak mocks with various draft boards, on the difficult algorithm.  Which do you like the best?

A: The Isaiahs (Fanspeak-Steve Board)

1/11 - OLB Isaiah Simmons

2/48 - OT Isaiah Wilson

3/68 - WR Denzel Mims

3/79 - CB Noah Igbinoghene

4/117 - C Nick Harris

B:  OL OL OL (Draftek Board)

1/11 - LT Mekhi Becton

2/48 - OG Solomon Kindley

3/68 - WR Donovan Peoples-Jones

3/79 - OT Lucas Niang

4/117 - EDGE Trevon Hill

C Chalk-y (Draft Diamonds Board)

1/11 - OT Jedrick Wills

2/48 - C Lloyd Cushenberry

3/68 - EDGE Curtis Weaver

3/79 - WR Gabriel Davis

4/117 - WR Chase Claypool

Thoughts?

59 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

In a good way or a bad way? Simmons dropping to 11 would be crazy, we'd basically have to take him

In a bad way. In the worst way. If Simmons is there then trade out if you think he’s more valuable than Becton, Thomas, Wirfs, Wills, Lamb, Jeudy.

• Upvote 3

On 2/3/2020 at 3:51 PM, nj meadowlands said:

2020-02-03.png

On 2/7/2020 at 10:16 AM, section314 said:

Love this! First 4 guys are day 1 starters. Love your last pick....bet he goes way higher than that.

The Draftnetwork mock app is fun but you really get some absurd players. But other than Thomas falling to 11, which is HIGHLY unlikely, this is fairly realistic.   

14 hours ago, PepPep said:

The Draftnetwork mock app is fun but you really get some absurd players. But other than Thomas falling to 11, which is HIGHLY unlikely, this is fairly realistic.   

I don't think him falling to 11 is "highly unlikely" at all.  I'd also take this exact draft with any of the other top tackle prospects substituted for Thomas.

2 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

I tend to think Gase is going to win the battle to drive Bell out of town.  Dobbins and Dillon are both savages.

That will be interesting to see man. I don't disagree with your statement about gase and Bell, but I don't think we're going to be able to move him without getting screwed. I doubt JD is going to let Gase's weird opposition to a great player locked into a contract negatively affect his capital. 

I have to get more into the RB class. I've been all offensive line, WR, QB's  and  a little bit of Edge so far.  Maybe this week will be digging into the RB class. 

On 2/3/2020 at 1:51 PM, nj meadowlands said:

2020-02-03.png

That's just about a complete OLine rebuild in one year.  LT, C, Guard....and all are good ones.  I'd like to do better than Edwards and Perry at WR but I like the attention you paid to the position.

The only concern is do we really want 3 rookies starting on the OLine and protecting our franchise QB.  There are going to be some growing pains.  I can't realistically see the Jets entrusting the OLine to more than 1 or 2 rookies.  We might Draft one starter and have another guy that has to be brought along and start as a backup.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2020 at 8:12 AM, nj meadowlands said:

I tend to think Gase is going to win the battle to drive Bell out of town.  Dobbins and Dillon are both savages.

On 2/12/2020 at 10:57 AM, GREENBEAN said:

That will be interesting to see man. I don't disagree with your statement about gase and Bell, but I don't think we're going to be able to move him without getting screwed. I doubt JD is going to let Gase's weird opposition to a great player locked into a contract negatively affect his capital. 

I have to get more into the RB class. I've been all offensive line, WR, QB's  and  a little bit of Edge so far.  Maybe this week will be digging into the RB class. 

If you believe Dom Mozzarella, there’s this: 

95981D22-575F-4FB8-8556-FC02E80A9694.jpeg

99801680-86A9-4557-B388-92857674A8E5.jpeg

9844AED9-839E-404B-8FF1-8BB75E42022F.jpeg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

f you believe Dom Mozzarella, there’s this: 

Interesting. I would be fine if they work out something that can be mutually beneficial for the team and Bell.  In truth I really won;t care that much about the Bell side of that when its all said and done, but he's been a great guy who proved me wrong about him. 

losing the salary alone would be a huge benefit for us. I wonder if they are going to let him go for chump change just to recoup the salary cap money. 

16 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Interesting. I would be fine if they work out something that can be mutually beneficial for the team and Bell.  In truth I really won;t care that much about the Bell side of that when its all said and done, but he's been a great guy who proved me wrong about him. 

losing the salary alone would be a huge benefit for us. I wonder if they are going to let him go for chump change just to recoup the salary cap money. 

I wonder if it’s like the proposal in the Alshon thread where we trade a player with a huge cap hit (that we have to pay) for another player in the same situation. 

In essence we pay for Bell to play on a different team while the other team pays for a player to play on ours. 

Is that a thing? Can we do that?

• Sympathy 1

I wonder if it’s like the proposal in the Alshon thread where we trade a player with a huge cap hit (that we have to pay) for another player in the same situation. 

In essence we pay for Bell to play on a different team while the other team pays for a player to play on ours. 

Is that a thing? Can we do that?

In theory I guess it’s possible. that would be a best case scenario for the two teams. I would be impressed if JD could pull off a trade like that. It’s kind of brilliant. It would indicate we have a staff that is creative and solution based.

I still can’t believe Gase can’t figure out how to use Bell to our advantage but if he’s not going to then it is just best to get someone in here that he will use.

So... who do you think the potential players are that we make do that type of a move with. Who are the expensive pieces on the Chiefs, Steelers and the other team In question that they would be looking to jettison in such a way?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

In theory I guess it’s possible. that would be a best case scenario for the two teams. I would be impressed if JD could pull off a trade like that. It’s kind of brilliant. It would indicate we have a staff that is creative and solution based.

I still can’t believe Gase can’t figure out how to use Bell to our advantage but if he’s not going to then it is just best to get someone in here that he will use.

So... who do you think the potential players are that we make do that type of a move with. Who are the expensive pieces on the Chiefs, Steelers and the other team In question that they would be looking to jettison in such a way?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Oh, I don’t know. Not even sure how the cap works in regards to trades. @Lith informed me her understanding of the cap. Sportac has a new column for pre 6/1 releases vs trades, and I think the post 6/1 numbers are being hammered out in the new CBA.  But (1) if Dom Mozzarella is legit plugged into the team, (2) the aforementioned teams have legit expressed interest in obtaining Bell, then (3) my pure speculation on trade victims/candidates would be the following for two reasons; comparatively large cap hits to their team with decent cap relief if traded, and positional needs for our roster):

Texans: Whitney Mercilus, Nick Martin 

Steelers: Dave DeCastro

Chiefs: Eric Fisher

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

. @Lith informed me her

This is the second reference I have seen to me as a "her" in the past few days.  Where is that coming from? 

I am not a "her", never been a "her", never intend to be a "her" and I have never gender identified as a "her" (not that there is anything wrong with that if others are so inclined). 

I am married to a "her" and father to a "her", but thats it.

25 minutes ago, Lith said:

This is the second reference I have seen to me as a "her" in the past few days.  Where is that coming from? 

I am not a "her", never been a "her", never intend to be a "her" and I have never gender identified as a "her" (not that there is anything wrong with that if others are so inclined). 

Source??

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Dude. My apologies. I always thought you were a guy until I read on the JN mock forum or the JN Poster Mock (idk which one) that referred to you as female, and I thought, “good for you!”  My girl watches games with me but doesn’t have the commitment, knowledge, of understanding of the game that you do. 

fwiw, I am a dick, have a dick, father to a little dick, and have a couple hers that I let boss me around. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

This is the absolute truth. Trust me. I met her :) 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

Oh, I don’t know. Not even sure how the cap works in regards to trades. @Lith informed me her understanding of the cap. Sportac has a new column for pre 6/1 releases vs trades, and I think the post 6/1 numbers are being hammered out in the new CBA.  But (1) if Dom Mozzarella is legit plugged into the team, (2) the aforementioned teams have legit expressed interest in obtaining Bell, then (3) my pure speculation on trade victims/candidates would be the following for two reasons; comparatively large cap hits to their team with decent cap relief if traded, and positional needs for our roster):

Texans: Whitney Mercilus, Nick Martin 

Steelers: Dave DeCastro

Chiefs: Eric Fisher

I would love any one of them. How would you feel if JD was able to flip bell for a left tackle, guard or a pass rusher?  That would be incredibly helpful to the offseason plan here. Not having to use draft capital or fight through the FA spending spree for one of those guys would be incredible. 

I wonder what we have in JD and if he could put something together like this.  

11 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Dude. My apologies. I always thought you were a guy until I read on the JN mock forum or the JN Poster Mock (idk which one) that referred to you as female, and I thought, “good for you!”  My girl watches games with me but doesn’t have the commitment, knowledge, of understanding of the game that you do. 

fwiw, I am a dick, have a dick, father to a little dick, and have a couple hers that I let boss me around. 

No worries.  Just a bit odd after being on this site for 5+ years to suddenly be referred to by multiple posters as a female.  Was not sure where that originated.

Fanspeak was a little more challenging than the Draftnetwork one.  The draft network had all sorts of talent falling to me in each round, Fanspeak made me think a little bit more.  

#11 pick was brutal.   4 OT's off the board, Young/Simmons/Okudah, both Juedy/Lamb.  Herbert and Burrow.  Here's what I got.  Fixed OL, grabbed Mims who I  love which made it easier to take Reagor who I have concerns about but felt the value was too high and the way the WR's were falling off the board, it didnt look like I'd like any of the other WR's falling past the 3rd.   That said, still fixed the OL, WR core and found 2 potential sleeper RB's and took the formers #1 overall CB recruit in the country. 

11: R1P11

OT MEKHI BECTON
LOUISVILLE
48: R2P16

C LLOYD CUSHENBERRY
LSU
68: R3P4

WR DENZEL MIMS
BAYLOR
79: R3P15

WR JALEN REAGOR
TCU