T#3 C7ust3rFvck @ G@ta R!dg3 - gam3 s#0w

CTM

16 minutes ago, A.J. said:

I actually thought you might be the doc at one point also lol

you’re a madman. Well played 

hardest player to get a handle on, I think i told you, he's like a pollack painting, a hot mess that you ascribe your own meaning to the chaos.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Pac said:

lets not forget that as my final game act I used your entire puke squad as my bitches.  Made you lynch Verb..  if Hess hadn't shot me I would have made you lynch Nolder next.

Made me lynch Verb, huh? Please. I 100% lynched him by my own failed volition.

I'm idiocy's bitch, not yours. GFY.

been curious for a long time

@CTM What do the Smashmouth cartoons captioned BLOCKHEAD mean? I wasn't around for that or Is the Ape Dead Yet's origin... also dunno about the Verbal gender feminine/masculine spinner scene... last game had a Gender poll and this game had a spinner/meter. Chimp also posted an Are You A Boy Or Girl image too. i understand nothing :P

Edit: Also, why do people say CTM ruins things? 

18 minutes ago, deckerfan said:

been curious for a long time

@CTM What do the Smashmouth cartoons captioned BLOCKHEAD mean? I wasn't around for that or Is the Ape Dead Yet's origin... also dunno about the Verbal gender feminine/masculine spinner scene... last game had a Gender poll and this game had a spinner/meter. Chimp also posted an Are You A Boy Or Girl image too. i understand nothing :P

Edit: Also, why do people say CTM ruins things? 

Just inside jokes really...

Smashmouth can kinda be a blockhead in these games in the sense that he will often come to some not well thought out conclusion and then refuse to budge from it.

Ape dead yet is something I used to do after I died in these games, just randomly. The ape you saw in the argument with Jif used to be ape every game with basically anyone who argued with him. Me, SMC, Slats, Jif, Pac.. you name it he'd expend all the energy in the world to bicker and flood the game in incessant back and forth. It got to the point where it was a strategy as scum, you could just argue with ape and the whole game would tune you both out. . I know he gets teased a lot but his play this game was 1000x more tame that what it was 5+ years ago. 

related: After ape would get lynched I or sometimes smash mouth would post the celebration video (which is why i tagged him)

Verbal gender thing. Not sure really. Maybe his posting style back in the day was kind of wimpy, and he came over in this initial flood of DM'ers who were 90% female. So he kind of presented as a kind of beta male surrounded by tougher women. As he's gotten more acclimated here he's become more direct and takes the jokes like a pro. A good dude!

CTM ruining things: I'll let someone else answer that one, only ape bores the game with incessant self analysis.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Pac said:

Nolder should have died

Agreed.

2 hours ago, Pac said:

and spoot should have died..  at that point it's easy for us.

Disagreed. For consistencies sake I believe CTM made the right call even if it was kind of ****y.

Next time I need to remember to unvote (even though I don't think unvoting to revote should be a thing w/e) and you need to remember to bold and not edit your sh*t. Mistake or not this is the type of game where that sh*t matters whether we like it or not.

2 hours ago, CTM said:

No, you cost your team a win.

Nolder was town, the day we didn't count his self vote a townie was random'd. You also messed up your spoot vote, but that is a moot point since it was the nolder vote game day (we couldn't have counted the spoot vote when we already set precedant with the nolder vote). So.. it was either nolder dead or JETS dead, the net impact was minimal.

The net impact of your idiot idea to leave 3 vetted townies alive in a 7 player game is what killed your team. 

So yeah. I didn't want to comment on the whole thing because I didn't want it to clear me and I didn't want to get all super meta-y. More so than usual anyway. I wasn't looking to clear myself I was trying to to get lynched because I could see I was being a distraction and not enough people were trusting me and I was frustrated with the state of the game anyway.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, CTM said:

On a serious note, thanks for playing everyone.  The idea here was to get as many noobs in a QT as possible to increase engagement levels. Juding by overall post count despite 2 deatchs a night I am pretty happy with where it turned out.

Drums played probably the best overall town game

Barry as fantastic as scum, even more impressive that he was a first timer.

beaver was really engaged at the end and I liked the way he was thinking.

Dicker seemed to be on a game long acid trip but it worked, spoot though he was town (should've self voted dude!)

I wish JETS had been in a QT but there was just too many new players to accommodate.

Thank you @GATA for all your help, you basically carried the game completely the first few nights.

@CTM @GATA Thanks for modding guys.

GG to the winners and well played to everyone else.

Sorry I got so frustrated and emo.

I keep trying to tell you guys I'm really not into these big games anymore but everyone just bullies me into playing anyway lol. You reap what you sew I guess.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

If I may take a brief moment to lightly SMC the setup, imo the masons should not have been all together. IMHO that was, in the end, somewhat confusing for those of us who weren't masons (which should not be a goal of having masons) as well as a near death sentence for the scum groups towards endgame. I mean seriously 6 total masons is a ****load. Granted I think they kind of under utilized the potential there but regardless it just turned the game into a cluster**** ala the game title.

• Upvote 1

Nolder "Since when is sk hunting a bad thing?"

I mean when you don't have confirmation and there's still a whole scum team yea lets not look for one guy only.

Yeah no, disagreed. I get that scum can sk hunt (or pretend to) for town equity but at the end of the day...if sk is found and lynched that is still a net benefit to the town imo.

CTM
03-10-2020
10:37 PM ET (US)
Ok, so he responded back - he intended to kill himself. I'm tempted to be a not count it just to annoy everyone lol

See? We told you he ruins everything.

24 minutes ago, Nolder said:

If I may take a brief moment to lightly SMC the setup, imo the masons should not have been all together. IMHO that was, in the end, somewhat confusing for those of us who weren't masons (which should not be a goal of having masons) as well as a near death sentence for the scum groups towards endgame. I mean seriously 6 total masons is a ****load. Granted I think they kind of under utilized the potential there but regardless it just turned the game into a cluster**** ala the game title.

The backups were a nice twist imo! 

Do you think the setup was balanced though? Upcoming game's another Kingmaker...

1 hour ago, Stark said:

Good game everyone. Sort of good game spoot you bus crazy fool. 

had fun look forward to the next. 

Fwiw, yes I was scum (like I told everyone) but I honestly thought you guys were the other scum team when you all revealed and it took a reread of the first 30 pages of so to convince me otherwise. Spoot “liking” everything around your votes and Pac looking like scum was the only thing that convinced me otherwise lol. To boot I thought you three were 1 mason team and Jvor, KD, drums were the other (2-2 man teams w a backup) and you guys just botched your reveal, esp Beaver whom I had to assume was bc he was a newb.  It was actually a close call for me lol.

• Upvote 1

night delay makes me think of nolder again ... also - dice

This is why I like to set a deadline and wait it out regardless of when actions are submitted. You avoid speculation like this and it also gives people something to look forward to at the designated time.

My guess is if CTM sahsays in and says Nolder didn't unvote then Nolder will not self vote again.

Damn. Read me like a book.

I have to go back and read through but some things stood out to me as odd between stark & nolder. Nolder said something about stark talking too much. I kind of wonder if nolder might be a recruiting mason. It would make some sense if some combo of spoot/stark/nolder were still masons.

LOL. I was just being an a$$hole. I told him to shut up and he talks too much I think. No reason, I was just annoyed.

This is a new Nolder we're seeing -- not the transparently honest player of yore. He's more frustrating to read, and it's a new act that could go either way.

For the record the new style of play I was trying out was a more relaxed (I tried!) go with your gut style play. I didn't want to bog myself down in cases and arguing I just wanted to get a feel and go for it.

4 hours ago, deckerfan said:

The backups were a nice twist imo! 

Yeah I like backup roles tbh. I just think there should have been separate mason teams or less masons.

Do you think the setup was balanced though?

Maybe on paper 6 masons looks balanced with 2 scum teams of 4. 

In practice I believe it leaned Town...however I believe the masons under utilized their power therefore the game was probably about even, even though it shouldn't have been. So really there's nothing to worry about lol.

Upcoming game's another Kingmaker...

I've been trying to play a kingmaker game by Verbal for like 5 years.

Every time he runs one SOMETHING comes up and I can't play.

• Upvote 1

Of the 9 people who hasn't consolidated on Verbal or me, 5 (Nolder, Pac, Spoot, Dice, AJ) are vets who know better than to lynch the previous game's Mod.

Counting on pachole or nolderp to honor an unwritten rule of sportsmanship seems highly suspect derpina

Believe it or not this is something I totally forgot about. I'm sorry @Jetsfan80. I'll make it up to you.

Hess
02-28-2020
12:54 PM ET (US)
Lol wtf is Chimp?
Hess
02-28-2020
01:16 PM ET (US)
Is it Ape or Crusher? Confused

Ok...I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to look stupid because everyone else seems to get it but **** it. I have no ******* clue who chimp is anymore. At one point I thought it was Crusher, then I thought it was CTM, then I thought it was Ape, then I thought it was Crusher again. At this point I've given up and just admit I have no idea. Good job ****er you have me stumped even if everyone else knows. 

I do enjoy the persona though. Chimp a cool dude.

8 hours ago, HessStation said:

Fwiw, yes I was scum (like I told everyone) but I honestly thought you guys were the other scum team when you all revealed and it took a reread of the first 30 pages of so to convince me otherwise. Spoot “liking” everything around your votes and Pac looking like scum was the only thing that convinced me otherwise lol. To boot I thought you three were 1 mason team and Jvor, KD, drums were the other (2-2 man teams w a backup) and you guys just botched your reveal, esp Beaver whom I had to assume was bc he was a newb.  It was actually a close call for me lol.

i thought you were scum early, then town, then scum again when you kept defending me as town - because i thought i was playing "just" scummy enough. then i was just trying to figure out your group and the nolder deal got me, i had your group wrong..

when i saw that we had the potential 2 replacements i thought damn this is a lot of mason

beaver did kind of botch it but it's only his second game when he was explaining why he used the wrong terms, although funny to me and a "facepalm" moment I could understand. you could see him kind of figuring it out near the end and that was nice. 

• Upvote 1

Are people really planning about balance in a game that ended  with 1 of each role on the last day? How much more balanced can you get lol

Everyone had a chance to win. Spoot self voting wouldve left hess and decker in an interesting situation as neither hess or decker knew who the other team was for sure. I very badly wanted to whisper in spoot ear to let it play out this way.

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

@Stark - you were obviously right to be on me from the beginning but I hate your initial reason. You misinterpreted my answer - I was on 80 because of a joke, then I moved to verb to move the game along. That was true and nothing ever changed like you said it did in the qt.

thats fine. i just thought that was a weird move to make. based on the vote totals at that time. that stuck with me and then the other things i kept seeing. sometimes your gut feeling is right/wrong

you played a pretty good game. you had a good group to help you and your comment about the extra scum team helping give you cover was true. that extra scum team is also why it was tough to discern who was what. at one point i said my player reads in our QT when i flipped to the game @JiF had just listed his and we were the same except 1 player, i am always cautious with JiF early and that made me pause TBH

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

Are people really planning about balance in a game that ended  with 1 of each role on the last day? How much more balanced can you get lol

Everyone had a chance to win. Spoot self voting wouldve left hess and decker in an interesting situation as neither hess or decker knew who the other team was for sure. I very badly wanted to whisper in spoot ear to let it play out this way.

No one is complaining cept Pachole 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

@Stark - you were obviously right to be on me from the beginning but I hate your initial reason. You misinterpreted my answer - I was on 80 because of a joke, then I moved to verb to move the game along. That was true and nothing ever changed like you said it did in the qt.

Get used to it, most annoying part about mafia is when town blind squirrels u as scum...trust happens all the time. JiF’s made a living off it lol

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, CTM said:

not complaining about balance, but man those VC's. ha.. 

seriously I enjoyed it, well except for being with 80 "bus" jr (spoot) - and even then it was fun 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, CTM said:

Nope! just curious about Nolder’s thoughts cos he mods a lot ... most games here seem to come down to the very end 

Speaking of which, HelenOfTroy (Mason) quit a few minutes into the game... ? @Pac 

On 3/13/2020 at 10:51 AM, Verbal said:

I'm fine with being the first in the POE to go, but you guys need to take down Pac & Hess afterwards - no looking back.  Once I flip town, that need to be an automatic.  The only question is which one first.  To that, I don't care.

Don't care that town lost, because I was right.  Especially on Hess - I had him pegged since D1 ended, and you bastards let him do what I said he does - wave his scum dick in your faces.

GG!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Don't care that town lost, because I was right.  Especially on Hess - I had him pegged since D1 ended, and you bastards let him do what I said he does - wave his scum dick in your faces.

GG!

Watching you get lynched while my dick waved in your face was quite satisfying. 

GG

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Stark said:

i thought you were scum early, then town, then scum again when you kept defending me as town - because i thought i was playing "just" scummy enough. then i was just trying to figure out your group and the nolder deal got me, i had your group wrong..

when i saw that we had the potential 2 replacements i thought damn this is a lot of mason

beaver did kind of botch it but it's only his second game when he was explaining why he used the wrong terms, although funny to me and a "facepalm" moment I could understand. you could see him kind of figuring it out near the end and that was nice. 

Yeah I didn't even know what a mason was.  And when I went and read up on them, it said they are usually a pair.  That's where I got the multiple teams from.  But when we revealed I did not mean to type teams.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yeah I suspected you early on when you came hard after me, but then switched to thinking you were town.  Damn good job as scum btw.

• Upvote 1