Clowney dropping his price...

40 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Trade Adams for a 1 and 3 - and sign Clowney....

Use 5 of the 6 picks in the 1st three rounds on offense - take a CB somewhere in there.

This is a much better team with Clowney + 1st and 3rd than just Adams...

Well, if Adams is doing a big job of trying to recruit Clowney (which is just a rumor), trading Adams right after signing Clowney seems unlikely.

1 hour ago, heymangold said:

Clowney - Williamson - Mosely - Jenkins would be an insane group of LBs.  wouldn't mind it.

Don't forget the awesome LB depth in Hewitt and Burgess too (both recorded 70+ tackles while making plays everywhere). 

You put 4 starting LB's in Clowney, Mosley, Williamson and Jenkins behind Quinnen Williams and we'll then begin to see QW's true value along the defensive line.

I always said. You can NOT consider Josh Allen as being a "better pick" than Quinnen Williams without first seeing an OLB such as Clowney playing behind him @ OLB. 

Josh Allen had 10.5 sacks (0.65 sacks per game) and 7 games of 0 sacks, 1 game of 0.5 sacks and only 2 games of multiple sacks (2 sacks each) and an overrated rookie season on a defense who ranked 21 in points allowed, 21st in in defensive turnovers forced, 21st in first downs allowed, 24th in total defensive yards allowed and almost deal last ala 30th in yards per play against, Some "dominant rookie season" he had lol that's what only 0.65 sacks per game gets you!

Clowney & Quinnen Williams over Josh Allen any day of the week and id just LOVE to see how Josh Allen performs as a pass rusher without a proven Yannick Ngakoue already demanding attention while forcing double teams @ the same time...

27 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Well, if Adams is doing a big job of trying to recruit Clowney (which is just a rumor), trading Adams right after signing Clowney seems unlikely.

Fair point.

Well, with both of them this defense can be really good though.  Especially if Q gets better and Mosley returns to form.

Jeeze with a defense like that - and draft T, WR, T/G, RB with our first 4 picks. 

Great running game, strong defense and Darnold will light it up.  This is a playoff team!!!

A LOT of IFS there - but it's what tends to happen when you sign good players.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

$18M per to Adams.....$16M+ per to Clowney.....already spending $17.5M per on Mosley....

Just how many resources do you guys want to devote to the side of the ball that doesn't matter?

That's the beauty of having Sam Darnold on a rookie deal. 

And with the cap increasing every year there is no reason why you can not have two big contracts to both Sam Darnold as the face of the offense and Jamal Adams as the face of the Defense for many of years to come. The Ravens always paid both Ray Lewis and Ed Reed and even Ngata so what you're saying makes no sense at all. 

There is more to building a super bowl team than just "Sam Darnold". 

You want a great offense? Cool. Draft it. Start with Jeudy @ WR and draft 3 consecutive offensive lineman 2nd round, 3rd round A and 3rd round B for all I care and then draft another WR round 4 and then a RB round 5 and another pass catching TE round 6A and a kicker 6B etc etc.

Build your offense around Darnold throughout the draft; that why he's here right. 

Sign Clowney as JD is trying to accomplish and guess what? Our Defense will be set in stone as an instant SB contender under Gregg Williams and we'll then be able to focus our next two drafts on nothing but OFFENSE back to back!

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Edwards and Marshall were trades that were Ok for a couple years, not FA signings.  Decker had a good year or two then got hurt and cut.  Again not a home run in my book.

If Bell is your idea of a successful FA signing , we are going to have to agree to disagree.  Most would say he is exactly what we want to avoid

I was referring to Bell having a good year this year with his new competent oline.

24 minutes ago, TNJet said:

I was referring to Bell having a good year this year with his new competent oline.

I am hopeful as well    But to trumpet that as a successful signing at this point is ridiculous especially when he is more likely than not to be cut by this time next year regardless of what kind of year he has in 2020.  

cap is going to go way up in the next couple of years with the tv deals. 17 mil will look like a bargain next year and a steal in two years. When cap goes up and you have star players that want to be payed the highest. And so so player will be pay really high too. So I say get Clowney signed now before next year when stars at edge will want 22 to 24 mil. 

Russell Wilson (despite what a few Jet fans say) is literally begging Clowney to return back to Seattle...

Replied Wilson: “I need you homie. Clowney come back. Don’t leave me, don’t Clowney, don’t leave us. We need you bro. Anyways, Clowney, I love playing with you bro. Hopefully we get to do it some more that’s what the fans want. I think we need a couple more (players),’’ Wilson said. “I think we need a couple more. Jadeveon is a big-time guy that we would love to get back on our football team. He was so good in the locker room. He brought so many just havoc plays to the field.”

Game. Set. Match; Check Mate. 

I believe that I'll take what Russell Wilson has to say in regards to Clowney to heart while taking  what a few certain types of know it all Jet fans have to say with their keyboards with a grain of salt. Russell Wilson obviously knows Defense still Wins Championships ala his Legion of Boom led defenses. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001108734/article/slim-chance-jadeveon-clowney-returns-to-seahawks

Slim chance Jadeveon Clowney returns to Seahawks

Print
  • 0ap1000000236552.jpg
  • By Kevin Patra
  • Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: April 8, 2020 at 01:26 p.m.
  • Updated: April 8, 2020 at 01:38 p.m.

Jadeveon Clowney's free-agent options could be shrinking.

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported that at this point Clowney re-signing in Seattle appears a long shot.

"The Seahawks had a really strong offer to him," Garafolo said Tuesday on Sports Radio 950 KJR. "I don't know how many different kinds of offers there were, but I know there was a one-year offer, from what I'm told. You had me guess at it before and I think I guessed a little high. From my understanding, it was in the $15 million range. He's still looking in his eyes at $20 million. I know the Browns are involved. I don't know how intimately involved they are, but from the standpoint of the Seahawks trying to get him done, get him back, they felt like they couldn't wait anymore. I don't want to say that they're out on him because who knows what can happen. Clowney can change his mind and lower his price and who knows what. But I know that they had to move about to a couple of contingency plans with Benson Mayowa being one of them.

"I don't know that he's going to be back in Seattle. I would say that the chances are slim to none right now that he'll be back there. They certainly did whatever they could, and if they didn't have the strongest offer, they certainly had one that was extremely competitive. Nothing in the realm of what Clowney wants, but nobody's living in that realm right now, to be honest with you."

Garafolo noted that the Seahawks pursued multiple options in retaining Clowney, including multi- and one-year deals, but couldn't wait any longer to add a defensive end.

"Unless something drastically changes, I just don't see it happening," Garafolo said.

Seattle signed Mayowa to a one-year contract worth $3 million fully guaranteed with incentives pushing the deal to $4 million.

Clowney's free agency has been stymied by the NFL's restrictions on player physicals due to the COVID-19 pandemic. With the edge rusher's injury history, teams are reluctant to give him a long-term deal with a ton of guaranteed money, especially without their own doctors checking him out.

Aside from the Browns, the Titans have also shown interest in Clowney.

The pass-rusher market had been slowed for weeks as teams waited for a move from Clowney. As the days tick off toward the draft, perhaps teams will move on to other fish in the pond, even if they aren't as dynamic a Clowney.