Garafolo says Jets still interested in Jason Peters

11 hours ago, RobR said:

Isn't it about time you give up this false narrative? The guy gave up 4 sacks in three years and there is a ton of film on this site showing him passblocking on every play for multiple games.  You can even see the All-22 angles. Here is a fact for you.....he rarely gives up a sack yet you keep harping that he can't passblock. Guys that can't passblock don't give up an average of 1.3 sacks per year and then add in the fact he played in arguably the second best conference in all of college football.

Maybe back up your position and show us all of these times when he was beaten for a sack. I'll be waiting.

There are simply countless articles expressing serious concerns about his pass blocking ability.  Not that he can’t get better but he was very average in college.  

This is a PFF chart.  Notice he’s in the 58th percentile.  The question you have to ask yourself is are you prepared to put a guy at LT who 42 out of every 100 LT’s in college were better than him at pass blocking.  I certainly wouldn’t.

I’m not sure why you guys are so upset when I just mention the reality.  I like the kid, have confidence in him becoming our LT of the future but he was always a Risk/reward player that likely needs to lose some weight and has legitimate technique issue, especially in the pass game.   

image.png.d3bdc6c18b1e729625f48fbcdd1c1ece.png

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

Sure lets put our worst T on Sam's blindside. Not happening.

Hope not. Some of the quick post draft stuff i was reading kept mentioning Becton starting at RT, guys like Pauline who do have some ties to people inside the organization were calling stating him as a RT. Who knows who love Peters for a year tho.

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

There are simply countless articles expressing serious concerns about his pass blocking ability.  Not that he can’t get better but he was very average in college.  

This is a PFF chart.  Notice he’s in the 58th percentile.  The question you have to ask yourself is are you prepared to put a guy at LT who 42 out of every 100 LT’s in college were better than him at pass blocking.  I certainly wouldn’t.

I’m not sure why you guys are so upset when I just mention the reality.  I like the kid, have confidence in him becoming our LT of the future but he was always a Risk/reward player that likely needs to lose some weight and has legitimate technique issue, especially in the pass game.   

That is the one red herring on Becton pre draft imo, the PFF guys def didn’t like him. 
Loved Jones, very meh on Becton. Interesting to watch 

• Upvote 1

I would think Becton moves into RG. Peter's plays RT with Fant at LT. Fant was pretty adamant he was signed to play LT. It wouldn't shock me if he did start at LT this year regardless of a Peters signing or not with Becton at RT

Who cares where Fant wants to play? I don’t think that’s how it works. Play your best players. If he’s one of them, fine.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If you like PFF’s rankings of OL just see where they had Fant.

PFF are quite generally trash but they can normally separate the very bad from the very good if nothing else. Especially with an OL where the situation is relatively basic and in the player’s control.

19 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

If you like PFF’s rankings of OL just see where they had Fant.

PFF are quite generally trash but they can normally separate the very bad from the very good if nothing else. Especially with an OL where the situation is relatively basic and in the player’s control.

It’s not just PFF - it’s everywhere.  And if you watch him you’ll see he is not a polished pass blocker and needs a lot of work.

If y’all want to put your heads in the sand and get upset with me for pointing out the truth, so be it.

But everyone shouldn’t be disappointed when he’s getting beat by NFL pass rushers on a regular basis.  I certainly hope I’m wrong but right now I would like to see him start as a back-up or swing tackle and learn the position before we’re counting on him to protect Sam’s blind side.

4 hours ago, TNJet said:

Peters is over the hill or the Eagles would want him back. Its Becton on the left side.

I agree he is old for OT, but he could play Guard at a high level for a couple of years.  He said that he would move to guard if necessary.  LT-Becton, LG-Peters, C-McGovern, RG-Warford(VanRoten), RT-Fant/ Clark.

4 hours ago, TNJet said:

Peters is over the hill or the Eagles would want him back. Its Becton on the left side.

Just protect Sam. Thats all. If you told this board in February that Warford and Peters would be available as FAs at this stage and affordably we'd all of said jump. 

Really want to see something happen here.

2 hours ago, extmenace said:

Peters has made over 110 million in his career, I just find it hard to believe he’s playing to get paid at this point. Even if the jets are interested, If money is equal or even similar, I just don’t see why he’d want to go to the jets. 

That $110 mil take out 50% in taxes and Agent commissions

Then consider the fact that he won’t ever make money like that ever again the rest of his life

• Upvote 1