NFL Uniform rankings. Guess who’s last

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Untitled.jpg&key=a6f3d22dfb9ac78ca36bf2b

Do this yourself in any photo editing software.  Trim the 1980 plane wedge "J" logo 2/3 of the way towards the tail, rotate it a few degrees so that the top is parallel to your monitor, and it is identical to the new "flight" wedge found on our website graphics, shoulders, and pants.

SAR I

So you've moved on from the uniform to the underline of this take flight thing, whatever that is. 

Even if it were true, there is not a soul in the universe that would look at that and go, "oh yeah, that's an airplane" it's like taking a . and going oh yeah, that's a ?, and this : ^, well that reminds me of Malcolm X, it totally means Malcolm X, and ( , well that'd a snowman. I can't believe I'm explaining this.

14 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

So you've moved on from the uniform to the underline of this take flight thing, whatever that is. 

Even if it were true, there is not a soul in the universe that would look at that and go, "oh yeah, that's an airplane" it's like taking a . and going oh yeah, that's a ?, and this : ^, well that reminds me of Malcolm X, it totally means Malcolm X, and ( , well that'd a snowman. I can't believe I'm explaining this.

totally agree saying that the little long triangle thing is deliberately bringing us to the retro jet logo over the t & s from those 90's helmets  ... is absurd

---

comparing Malcolm X to a snowman ?!?!?!?! ... I'm sure you're not trying to create some black/white conflict I hope !!!!!

On 5/15/2020 at 4:43 PM, Matthew007b said:

it's taken a while to get used to them but.. I like the current uniforms.  Just wish we could of included the "winglet" design in the current uniform.

front.jpg

If they were gonna change uniforms just go with that what we had in the 80’s and 90’s 

• Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, ljr said:

totally agree saying that the little long triangle thing is deliberately bringing us to the retro jet logo over the t & s from those 90's helmets  ... is absurd

---

comparing Malcolm X to a snowman ?!?!?!?! ... I'm sure you're not trying to create some black/white conflict I hope !!!!!

^   - that's an X 

( - that's a snowman 

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

31-E27-E46-2028-4-A72-ABE0-F4-DDA9-A0641

cfdfd.jpg

AD3-E3-E19-254-B-4-A1-D-B5-C0-B70-B3-CAB

Listen, you said that the uniform has these "random isosceles triangles" on it and I'm merely pointing out that they're not random.  They are a clever edit of our 80's helmet logo.  It's not even a stretch-  it is actually the last two-thirds of the 80's "J" logo.  Literally the same piece of art.

As relates to the jersey, I think it's pretty obvious that it's a pair of wings, the wedge takes our stripes and makes them look like they are in motion.  Nike did this with Oregon, gave them duck wings in the same spot.  Airliner wings don't have feathers.  I think they look cool.

SAR I

• Haha 1

On 5/15/2020 at 6:55 PM, SAR I said:

usatsi_10320428-e1508167974486.jpg?w=100

Rumor has it that next year they are allowing two helmets per franchise.  If so, look for our 68's in all-white with the white facemasks again, they looked brilliant and they address the nostalgia crowd.

SAR I

The first step of going back to these uniforms permanently. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/14/2020 at 6:23 PM, slats said:

Just about the only way they’ll entice me to buy something with their current horrendous logo on it (to which I hope they say: Challenge Accepted!).

Really. 

“Here’s an idea for a new logo! Ready? We’ll write the name of the team in italicized block letters like before! Shorten the height of the “J” so people will know we changed it around a little. Instead of the NY over it we’ll write NEW YORK in smaller letters above it. Oh and of course an icon of a football partly covering team name, so people know what sport we’re playing when the product on the field calls that into question, even though it’s doubly redundant since the green background area is (sort of) football shaped in the first place.”

They really couldn’t find a creative graphic artist in a metro area that has like 15 million people? Nah, Nike will come up with something for us: a flat triangle (which we’ll put on the uniform but not on the logo anyway).

It’s not like there was some uphill battle making the team’s name look “tough” (which they instead weakly tried to accomplish by being 10-20 years late on their black uniform thing for the alternate). Cardinals, ravens, dolphins, saints — these nonaggressive/unimposing (if not outright wimpy) things provide a lot less to work with than the jets who can go with a freaking war machine of sorts. A fighter jet with an NY on/below it, with a distinctive font (even the existing font is so basic, but I could get past that if it was part of a logo instead of basic block lettering effectively being the logo).

Or even just something creative that draws upon pride in being in (ok, near) the biggest metropolis in the country. Or come up with a more distinct styling to the letters that really makes it their own: the unique NY logos used by the Yankees, Mets, and Giants; the 49ers’ SF logo; KC putting theirs on an arrowhead. Even the Rams made a freaking effort, though it’s awful and unlike “NY” that has only one association, LA is also the abbreviation for Louisiana, and frankly I just see the word “Laaaaa!” myself lol. I liked their basic rams horns one. Not my favorite, but it was instantly identifiable and it was theirs. At least the new one is an attempt at an actual logo/icon; imagine if it was just a rounded football-ish shape that plainly said LOS ANGELES RAMS on it. That’s the Jets’ logo.

It’s so lazy and uninspiring - after making such a big deal about the secret unveiling for so long - that yes the only thing that will make it not-awful (or less awful) is associating it with winning superbowls. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

33 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Really. 

“Here’s an idea for a new logo! Ready? We’ll write the name of the team in italicized block letters like before! Shorten the height of the “J” so people will know we changed it around a little. Instead of the NY over it we’ll write NEW YORK in smaller letters above it. Oh and of course an icon of a football partly covering team name, so people know what sport we’re playing when the product on the field calls that into question, even though it’s doubly redundant since the green area is (sort of) football shaped in the first place.”

They really couldn’t find a creative graphic artist in a metro area that encompasses like 15 million people? Nah, Nike will come up with something for us: a flat triangle (which we’ll put on the uniform but not on the logo anyway).

It’s not like there was some uphill battle making the team’s name look “tough” (which they instead weakly tried to accomplish by being 10-20 years late on their black uniform thing for the alternate). Cardinals, ravens, dolphins, saints — these nonaggressive/unimposing (if not outright wimpy) things provide a lot less to work with than the jets who can go with a freaking war machine of sorts. A fighter jet with an NY on/below it, with a distinctive font (even the existing font is so basic, but I could get past that if it was part of a logo instead of basic block lettering effectively being the logo).

Or even just something creative that draws upon pride in being in (ok, near) the biggest metropolis in the country. Or come up with a more distinct styling to the letters that really makes it their own: the unique NY logos used by the Yankees, Mets, and Giants; the 49ers’ SF logo; KC putting theirs on an arrowhead. Even the Rams made a freaking effort, though it’s awful and unlike “NY” that has only one association, LA is also the abbreviation for Louisiana, and frankly I just see the word “Laaaaa!” myself lol. I liked their basic rams horns one. Not my favorite, but it was instantly identifiable and it was theirs. At least the new one is an attempt at an actual logo/icon; imagine if it was just a rounded football-ish shape that plainly said LOS ANGELES RAMS on it. That’s the Jets’ logo.

It’s so lazy and uninspiring - after making such a big deal about the secret unveiling for so long - that yes the only thing that will make it not-awful (or less awful) is associating it with winning superbowls. 

jets-uniform-contest-home-away.jpg?w=100

The dream is over. 

SAR I

Explain to me how any of these 3 past-used ones are any worse, particularly for the sides of the helmet.

image.png

or 

image.png

or

image.png 

And no I'm not in love with any of them either. Truth is the 78-97 logo is still better,

image.png

or if they didn't want to go back that font they could have just made a hybrid of that with the recent font, with or without their color shade change.

image.png

It's ridiculous that the JetNation logo is better than the actual team's logo.

And this lack of inspiration in the logo carried over to the lameness of the uniform itself. If this is all they were going to do, then just change the color a bit and leave the rest of it as it was. Maybe inverse the helmet if they wanted to do that green chrome thing so badly. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Explain to me how any of these 3 past-used ones are any worse, particularly for the sides of the helmet.

image.png

or 

image.png

or

image.png 

And no I'm not in love with any of them either. Truth is the 78-97 logo is still better,

image.png

or if they didn't want to go back that font they could have just made a hybrid of that with the recent font, with or without their color shade change.

image.png

It's ridiculous that the JetNation logo is better than the actual team's logo.

And this lack of inspiration in the logo carried over to the lameness of the uniform itself. If this is all they were going to do, then just change the color a bit and leave the rest of it as it was. Maybe inverse the helmet if they wanted to do that green chrome thing so badly. 

343-D76-C7-C7-F3-4-C63-A3-F1-C2674-F00-B

Not feeling the outrage. 

SAR I

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

343-D76-C7-C7-F3-4-C63-A3-F1-C2674-F00-B

Not feeling the outrage. 

SAR I

Any comment or discussion with which you disagree with isn’t outrage. I reserve my outrage for things related to losing football games. 

But news flash: the 98-18 one was weak, too. We were just used to it is all, plus it was throwback to the only SB season. The only part that 2019 improved from an already lame logo is now the overall shape is more football-shaped than before.

As logos go, it’s awful. As far as football as entertainment, the logo is unimportant. These statements are not contradictory.

36 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

That had to be an interested meeting. Somebody obviously looked at the green highlighter pen and thought” damn, that’s nice!” 

The human eye is more sensitive to that color than any other (for those without color blindness, presumably). That’s why highlighters that color are so effective, and why there have been many conversions of things to that color over the years, from certain road signs to fire engines to tennis balls. 

Based on that, I wonder what has greater effect on those Seahawk uniforms, if the affect is unequal at all: is it of greater/faster help to Seattle’s QB diagnosing his own receivers, or opposing QBs diagnosing the coverage.

My instinct says the latter - again, if any disparity at all is significant - since my guess is it doesn’t provide greater alertness to open receivers; rather where they are without any enhanced information about whether or not it’s worth throwing to them. However it would provide opposing QBs an easier/faster diagnosis of individual DBs or concentration of defenders in general that they might have overlooked a little longer while first and foremost focusing on their own receivers. But it’s hard to say since Seattle hardly wears these enough to analyze while accounting for other factors, like general weather conditions that affect playcalling, surrounding wall-color contrast, or even daylight vs nighttime; also Wilson is a star QB not a baseline/average QB so he’s the only QB on offense getting analyzed. 

I think it’s interesting, though.

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Like wait, guys how is anybody going to know what sport this is for unless we put a football on the football helmet. 

balls.jpg

It's a good thing its not a bit of a tradition for teams from this region.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

On 5/17/2020 at 8:19 AM, Sperm Edwards said:

Really. 

“Here’s an idea for a new logo! Ready? We’ll write the name of the team in italicized block letters like before! Shorten the height of the “J” so people will know we changed it around a little. Instead of the NY over it we’ll write NEW YORK in smaller letters above it. Oh and of course an icon of a football partly covering team name, so people know what sport we’re playing when the product on the field calls that into question, even though it’s doubly redundant since the green background area is (sort of) football shaped in the first place.”

They really couldn’t find a creative graphic artist in a metro area that has like 15 million people? Nah, Nike will come up with something for us: a flat triangle (which we’ll put on the uniform but not on the logo anyway).

100% spot on SE. Im not surprised at the ranking of our disgusting uniforms. I was very vocal in my initial and continued disappointment in our new uniforms. Our uniforms are awful. Triangular slash marks instead of stripes? The black uniforms are so out dated and not our colors.  The helmet and logo is putrid. A middle school student doodling could have come up with something more creative than the word "JETS" stamped across a green helmet. The image of the tiny football is beyond juvenile. Opportunity wasted. What a shame. Could have finally created an identity of our own but instead we continue to look less than our big brother Giants. Its boarder line criminal that we didnt seize this opportunity considering our "little brother/having to share GIANTS stadium" status. Truely absurd. I am far from a design expert but couldnt we have used a version of the NY symbol with the New York City skyline behind it? Our own version of the NY symbol that somehow is the base of a Fighter JET? It seems like such a no brainer that this was the opportunity to create an identity after years of being little brother to the Giants and the continued nomadic feel of playing in a stadium that is not ours. What an opportunity missed. It's difficult to believe that ownership couldn't realize this from purely a selfish marketing stand point. Absurd

It's so dumb to pretend like we're the New York City Fighter Jets. We are not. We're a football team called the Jets and the image that comes to mind is a green football shape. That's it. The weak skyline, fighter jet thing is a strange fever dream where suddenly we're branded as the big boys with our big guns and our NYC coolness. Sorry, that's not the brand. Have a few winning seasons and that green football has more clout. That's it. Associate the logo with winning just like the old logo was associated with Joe Willie Namath. 

6 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

It's so dumb to pretend like we're the New York City Fighter Jets. We are not. We're a football team called the Jets and the image that comes to mind is a green football shape. That's it. The weak skyline, fighter jet thing is a strange fever dream where suddenly we're branded as the big boys with our big guns and our NYC coolness. Sorry, that's not the brand. Have a few winning seasons and that green football has more clout. That's it. Associate the logo with winning just like the old logo was associated with Joe Willie Namath. 

Agree with this as well. The fighter jet thing aint it either. Classic uniform with classic football stripes etc works best. 

just like the one in my signature.. I think they could of snuck in the winglet under the wording.. just to give it a "logo" look instead of just "Jets" text.

I love the colors and uniforms though they have grown on me.. helmet.. uniforms.. just more a of a traditional stripe would help as well.

avatar.png.985df8b349584105329b38874a5c0415.png