NFL Uniform rankings. Guess who’s last

22 hours ago, slats said:

Some of the best uniforms in the league are also black: Steelers, Raiders, Saints, all great. That doesn’t mean that cheesy franchises like the Falcons, Cards, or Jets can steal that color and also be cool. Those are the classic looks for those teams. And like those teams, the Jets’ classic look is the best. 

The Falcons throwbacks are among the nicest in sports too. They boned that update bad.

18 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Falcons throwbacks are among the nicest in sports too. They boned that update bad.

Yeah, I’m thinking the Jerry Glanville all-blacks with the all black helmet. Hard to go wrong with black, white, and red. 

You know what's more annoying than people who care about uniforms? People who care about people who care about uniforms.

How things look matter. I care about what I wear, I care about the decor in my apartment, ect. It's called giving a sh*t. I also care about history, and the Jets don’t give a sh*t about their history, they 2x now have ditched their classic uniform.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matthew007b said:

it's taken a while to get used to them but.. I like the current uniforms.  Just wish we could of included the "winglet" design in the current uniform.

front.jpg

It’s on the shoulders

the uniform is actually the perfect mix

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Tezza said:

Does anyone know if our color rush uniform is retired? The only reason I question that is due to the color scheme not matching the current helmet and the Jets logo being the prior version ......could we be getting a fourth future "color rush" jersey?

usatsi_10320428-e1508167974486.jpg?w=100

Rumor has it that next year they are allowing two helmets per franchise.  If so, look for our 68's in all-white with the white facemasks again, they looked brilliant and they address the nostalgia crowd.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

I actually like the new unis. The white on white is sweet and the helmet is cool as hell.

I loved the old ones though.

Exactly.  We're allowed to like both.  Old ones were great, new ones are pretty good.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Matthew007b said:

it's taken a while to get used to them but.. I like the current uniforms.  Just wish we could of included the "winglet" design in the current uniform.

front.jpg

stripes.jpg

Your wish is granted.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, heymangold said:

it's a bunch of millenials that don't know anything anyway.  i'm surprised they were so hard on the black uniforms from the jets when they have the raiders, saints and steelers at 2, 3, and 4.  seems like that's what they like.

It seems like 3/4s of college has black uniforms

Jets are one of many teams who have a black special occasion uniform.  Why is black without a primary use of black in their uniform an issue?  The numbers have black around them.  And do the Browns, 49rs etc have black as a primary number?

https://www.complex.com/sports/best-nfl-uniforms-ranked/new-york-jets
The Jets uniform is what happens when you let a bunch of 60 year old MBAs and management consultants design them.  Horrific 

as a near 60 year old i am at odds with this comment.
my gen would’ve stuck with SB3 or sack exchange retro.
note the article rankings do show some respect to the classics.
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Untitrled.jpg

cugore.jpg

Same shape. The fabric stretches around the equipment.  

SAR I

Drop the New York. Swap the stripes for the classic stripes and we’re good. Maybe a white stripe on the helmet too.

If you also dropped the black all together, and went with a white face mask with a white stripe down the middle of the helmet that would be pretty nice too.

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Drop the New York. Swap the stripes for the classic stripes and we’re good. Maybe a white stripe on the helmet too.

If you also dropped the black all together, and went with a white face mask with a white stripe down the middle of the helmet that would be pretty nice too.

I wouldn’t mind that.  To me, we’re wearing our 80’s uniforms with different stripes and logos.  I was against it but I’ve grown to like it.  

In the end it really doesn’t matter as our prior uniforms were associated with the Buttfumble and a decade of Browns-caliber suckage.  Time erased the awful memories of the 80’s uniforms and Fake Spikes and Mud Bowls.  So it’s a clean start, Darnold went 7-5, we have one of the best Nike modern uniforms in the NFL, we should feel good. 

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, jago said:

as a near 60 year old i am at odds with this comment.
my gen would’ve stuck with SB3 or sack exchange retro.
note the article rankings do show some respect to the classics.

That's because you're a fan, not a hired consultant.  That's all the Johnson bros know how to do: hire suits

usatsi_10320428-e1508167974486.jpg?w=1000%26h=600%26crop=1&key=02367168e5ab86449171695312ea4a3037cb66dc0bfe5b24d63c6da7d0983e0d
Rumor has it that next year they are allowing two helmets per franchise.  If so, look for our 68's in all-white with the white facemasks again, they looked brilliant and they address the nostalgia crowd.
SAR I
That is brilliant news, I reckon if will probably be a white helmet the 68 all white version slightly tweaked would be good. Personally I would like to see the 93 jerseys be brought back.

5 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

It literally isn't. There's a clear curvature that is not present. The angle is much sharper in the old logo as well. I don't know what the fck you're seeing.

Untitled.jpg&key=a6f3d22dfb9ac78ca36bf2b

Do this yourself in any photo editing software.  Trim the 1980 plane wedge "J" logo 2/3 of the way towards the tail, rotate it a few degrees so that the top is parallel to your monitor, and it is identical to the new "flight" wedge found on our website graphics, shoulders, and pants.

SAR I