Greatest play in Jets History?

5 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So I'm watching this show on NBC replaying the a best plays in NFL playoffs history.  Needless to say not a lot of Jets clips.

Got me thinking though, what would you say is the ONE play you would say us your personalized favorite/best play in Jets history.

I'll preface mine saying  I'm in my mid 30s so my memory only extends back to the early 90s.  

My play is the David Harris pick and subsequent 60 yard rumble of Brady in the 2nd playoff run.  I couldn't tell you why really, other than maybe the cloak of invincibility was finally lifted and it was a combination of adrenaline and hope that we could beat those MF'ers.

Not a huge deal, but what about Jerrico Cotchery in OT against the Browns.  3rd and 9, Sanchez scrambles, JC pulls his groin and starts limping and hopping on one leg and hobbles back and makes a diving catch, in one leg for the first down!

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Nixhead said:

The TD pass by Namath to put the Jets in the superbowl on that cold windy championship game against the Raiders has got to be up there for the Jets.

The most important play in Jets history is the greatest play in Jets history.  You nailed it!

2 hours ago, y2k8 said:

The TD that tied it with no time on the clock is probably the single greatest play in Jets history, certainly the best play of Kenny O's career. He threaded it to Walker as FIVE Dolphins were converging on the ball.  I still can't believe they scored. And I was there!

2 hours ago, Lil O said:

Not a huge deal, but what about Jerrico Cotchery in OT against the Browns.  3rd and 9, Sanchez scrambles, JC pulls his groin and starts limping and hopping on one leg and hobbles back and makes a diving catch, in one leg for the first down!

That was incredible. Always loved JCo. I remember they had to pull out some games late that year, if I’m not mistaken there were back to back to back weeks of tight games. The lions game where Holmes broke free, this catch that set up another Holmes break free, then the Texans game that had braylon catch a bomb then Holmes in the corner. 2010 was a blast of a year.

4 hours ago, y2k8 said:

The TD that tied it with no time on the clock is probably the single greatest play in Jets history, certainly the best play of Kenny O's career. He threaded it to Walker as FIVE Dolphins were converging on the ball.  I still can't believe they scored. And I was there!

that's my favorite play too.  sitting in row 26 directly in the path of the ball. Amazing.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, section314 said:

Not technically a play, but the day Dennis Byrd walked out of the tunnel and onto the field vs the Broncos in our home opener. If you were there, you know what I mean. Chocked up just typing this.

I was there,,,it was amazing, and there wasn't a dry eye in the house!

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

Obrien to Walker in OT to beat the Fins 51-45 was pretty sweet for a regular season game...

This sticks out for me the most even if there were plays more exciting. Watching as 14 year old in s fla and wearing my Gastineau jersey the next day in HS made it extra sweet