Ozark Mafia Game Thread - Town Wins!

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Always with this dumb gripe ...everyone plays bad until monkey comes to save the day.

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

quite the insufferable prick....

1 hour ago, Lizard King said:

Smash is an OG 

??????

?

You know you’re doing something right when you can trigger the entire island of misfit toys just by showing up.

Dont really need to quote the posts, the other play that obviously sticks out is Gata and 80 pushing legitimately some of the worst logic I've ever seen.  The problem is, these are 2 of the most illogical players in the game so it's a bit of a null tell.   Both players have pushed worse logic in the past so Im not inclined to start there today. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

This is the other post that stuck out at me.   I'm not highly prioritizing it because free is new to the game but one of my favorite scum tells is tying players together with zero information.   So while pingy, I'm also aware he might not know but I also dont think it should be just shrugged off. 

Agree with you here, but I did it all the time as a new town player. I took it with a grain of salt.

Right now my leans are Jif, Nyn and Arsis as town. Smash, gata and drums as scummy. 

Anyone notice how drums was feigning all the “get people talking” rhetoric, drops a fumbled reveal and then goes silent?

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

This is the other post that stuck out at me.   I'm not highly prioritizing it because free is new to the game but one of my favorite scum tells is tying players together with zero information.   So while pingy, I'm also aware he might not know but I also dont think it should be just shrugged off. 

I saw that and gave him some leeway because he is new as you say. Also what he said following that irt Arsis was also pretty awful. Felt too scummy to be scum if that makes sense. Feels more lack of experience. So noted but I'm not sure if it's AI for him.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

It’s hard to misunderstand someone’s intent when they are keeping sentences to 15 words or less. 

I feel like I manage to get my point across better when I elaborate, but whatever works for you. 

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Agree with you here, but I did it all the time as a new town player. I took it with a grain of salt.

Right now my leans are Jif, Nyn and Arsis as town. Smash, gata and drums as scummy. 

Anyone notice how drums was feigning all the “get people talking” rhetoric, drops a fumbled reveal and then goes silent?

I have.

He could be trying to draw out a CC so it's not a total loss. The lag in his reveal still bothers me a lot. Or he might not be lying about his role. ie If there are multiple threats out there this might be a tool to hunt down other threats. Depends how elaborate this setup is.

I don't trust him. 

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

As am I.  The newbies have hit like 2-3 strong tells for me that typically nail vets around here but only to come back wrong, so I'm giving him a pass but in my catch up, it was one of the more damning posts so it needed to be called out, IMO.  

8 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I saw that and gave him some leeway because he is new as you say. Also what he said following that irt Arsis was also pretty awful. Felt too scummy to be scum if that makes sense. Feels more lack of experience. So noted but I'm not sure if it's AI for him.

yep yep as I said, more of a call out than a "case" per say 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

As am I.  The newbies have hit like 2-3 strong tells for me that typically nail vets around here but only to come back wrong, so I'm giving him a pass but in my catch up, it was one of the more damning posts so it needed to be called out, IMO.  

Yup. It’s like playing on that champs game or DM. Except in those cases, it’s veteran players playing like newbs. Gets me all the time.

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Forgot to respond to this, everything about Drums reveal was gross. Normally, I'd keep the flame to him.  His play leading up, the half reveal, the full reveal, the self vote and then the disappearing act.  However, his reveal was quite specific, so I'm inclined to go chalk for now and accept it at face value for the time being.  It should work itself out. 

12 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I have.

He could be trying to draw out a CC so it's not a total loss. The lag in his reveal still bothers me a lot. Or he might not be lying about his role. ie If there are multiple threats out there this might be a tool to hunt down other threats. Depends how elaborate this setup is.

I don't trust him. 

I don’t trust him either. Frankly, I’m all up n my feels this game. It’s better if I don’t feel things, I need to defer to logic... but to jifs point: newbs. It messes up logic.

Just now, Nynaeve said:

Ape why do you think Smash is scum? is he hitting some tells?

Bitching about not getting ‘info’ about jville. L4 vote, then telling L2 slow down. Felt like stage setting for a reveal... which could be teammate, or sone fishing for info (re: Barry’s note about people looking for people).

Smash feels a little less indignant and a tad more like he’s trying to choreograph.

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Bitching about not getting ‘info’ about jville. L4 vote, then telling L2 slow down. Felt like stage setting for a reveal... which could be teammate, or sone fishing for info (re: Barry’s note about people looking for people).

Smash feels a little less indignant and a tad more like he’s trying to choreograph.

I feel like he's trying to cater to me. Something about the way he's talking to me. Hence why I'm interested to know what is his read on me.

I would be fine with a 80 lynch too btw. For obvious reasons.

I think it's unlikely that both Gata and 80 are scum because I find it hard to believe that they would both be so vocal and yammer on and on about the half reveal as teammates. I think if anything it's a misguided townie and a scumster going along with it. If I recall Gata was the first of the two that went on about it. 80 tagged along later. But Gata was a lot more melodramatic about it.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I would be fine with a 80 lynch too btw. For obvious reasons.

I think it's unlikely that both Gata and 80 are scum because I find it hard to believe that they would both be so vocal and yammer on and on about the half reveal as teammates. I think if anything it's a misguided townie and a scumster going along with it. If I recall Gata was the first of the two that went on about it. 80 tagged along later. But Gata was a lot more melodramatic about it.

What can I say I wanted to know Drums was cop so much I pushed for him to reveal. ??

FWIW I think Drums reveal is legitimate and he had first time cop jitters that made him play terribly.  As Jif noted the reveal was specific so I don't see a reason he would be lying and I think his disappearing more to do with frustration rather than trying to hide. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Drums said:

Crusher seems to purposely be trying to draw attention to himself with the "I'm not paying attention" line and actions (purposely confusing jvill and I)

Possibly trying to cause a distraction?

I love Crusher but being the lovable I never get lynched mafia player has made him complacent. 

13 minutes ago, Drums said:

Crusher seems to purposely be trying to draw attention to himself with the "I'm not paying attention" line and actions (purposely confusing jvill and I)

Possibly trying to cause a distraction?

No. I have a long history of confusing players. Jetscode and Avm when we started first playing. Stark and Decker more recently. You and Jvill now. Plus with my instincts I don’t need to read as much as the rest of you.