Alex Lewis Responds to Manish Mehta via Instagram

16 hours ago, AFJF said:

I think guys run to those coaches because they want to win and I think that's something that hurts Gase.  He's indifferent to the well being of his players.  I'm not just saying this because I don't like him, but he carries himself like a guy who has multiple rings despite having little to no success as a head coach.  I think that'll piss players off in a hurry.  A kind of "who are you to treat me like that" kind of vibe that doesn't exist when you're Bill Belichick because players know exactly who you are.

I hope I'm wrong and a few years from now you can say I was an idiot for being down on a head coach who won a SB with the Jets, but I just don't see it.  So for now you'll just have to say I'm an idiot for supporting Rex Ryan for as long as I did.

I don't believe the bold for one minute.

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Not only that.  Gase has been justified in pushing back at them.

Jay Ajayi?  Malcontent, who was missing assignments, skipping meetings, not studying his playbook, complaining about his touches in wins, was underperforming compared to 2016, was toxic in the locker room, and wanted to be paid like a superstar.  He was eventually shipped off to Philly, where he had a decent second half of his season and blew out his back out a year later (durability was a huge concern with him going back to college).  Currently a free agent.  Best year of his career was under Adam Gase.

Jarvis Landry?  Severe malcontent who b*tched about his contract, wanted to get paid like a top 5 WR.  While he is a good player, Jarvis is strictly a slot wide receiver who is not worth that type of money.  He a signed a 5 year, 75.5 million dollar contract, 47 million guaranteed, which put him up there with Julio Jones and Antonio Brown at the time as the highest paid WRs.  No one is putting Landry on the level of Jones or Brown.  Absolutely no one.

Gase was 100% correct with Jarvis Landry and Jay Ajayi.  100%

Now as for not playing Kenyon Drake....   that one is inexplicable.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

I don't believe the bold for one minute.

He has been asked about injured players in the past who were out of action for several weeks and he simply shrugs and says he hasn't spoken to the guy.  These aren't players who got hurt two or three days earlier.  These are players who were injured and rehabbing for weeks.  Much of which happens in the trainers room.  

Having spent years in the  military, I'm trying to guess how quickly I'd have lost my position of I told my commander that I had a sick or inured subordinate whom I haven't spoken to for days, let alone weeks.

The guy doesn't even care enough to realize it would be a good idea to pretend to care and pop his head in and say "hey man, how we doin'?

16 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

I will suggest that you have no idea on how Buddy Ryan coached. He was the ultimate players coach. To a fault.

And the players haven't changed at all since then.  

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

He has been asked about injured players in the past who were out of action for several weeks and he simply shrugs and says he hasn't spoken to the guy.  These aren't players who got hurt two or three days earlier.  These are players who were injured and rehabbing for weeks.  Much of which happens in the trainers room.  

Having spent years in the  military, I'm trying to guess how quickly I'd have lost my position of I told my commander that I had a sick or inured subordinate whom I haven't spoken to for days, let alone weeks.

The guy doesn't even care enough to realize it would be a good idea to pretend to care and pop his head in and say "hey man, how we doin'?

You mean like Bill Parcells who would not talk about injuries? He was indifferent and didn’t care?

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

You mean like Bill Parcells who would not talk about injuries? He was indifferent and didn’t care?

Explain to me how not divulging injury info to the media is the same as telling the media you haven't taken the time to touch base with an injured player?  

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

And the players haven't changed at all since then.  

YOU said that Buddy was tough on his players. That is absolutely not true. He actually was considered a players coach to a fault. He created a band with his defense on the Bears in opposition to the HC, Mike Ditka.

With the Eagles, Ryan created an air of the team vs ownership. He, of course was on the players side. He practically did not coach the scab team during the strike, because he did not want alienate the players.

You were wrong on that point, and it is ok. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/25/2020 at 4:04 PM, RichardTodd27 said:

Just became a huge Alex Lewis fan.

And can't seem to figure out Manish. Unprofessional, immature, vindictive.....

Alex Lewis > Brian Winters ! Cheaper and stepping up in the locker room. Winters needs to renegotiate his deal or face being cut after camp. $2 mil seems fair and saves us $5+ mil

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Explain to me how not divulging injury info to the media is the same as telling the media you haven't taken the time to touch base with an injured player?  

If you have not figured this out yet, Gase is not going to give the media what they want. With the media, yes he has a divisive relationship. That may be to his detriment, but that is the path he has chosen.

There are any number of coaches that do not discuss injuries with the media. There are many reasons for this. It could be because some coaches do not like the rest of the team focus on injuries, building in excuses (this was a Bill Parcells thing). It may be because any discussion about injury may give the opponent news they would not otherwise have, and advantage (this is a Bill Bellichick thing). It may be because injuries are private between the player and the organization (this is a HIPAA thing and really no business of the press).

Why Gase does it, and the way he does it, I am not sure. But for you to speculate based in something you do not know and spin it for your own validation of self belief is border line irresponsible. You just don’t know.

Gase may or may not be a good coach. 

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

YOU said that Buddy was tough on his players. That is absolutely not true. He actually was considered a players coach to a fault. He created a band with his defense on the Bears in opposition to the HC, Mike Ditka.

With the Eagles, Ryan created an air of the team vs ownership. He, of course was on the players side. He practically did not coach the scab team during the strike, because he did not want alienate the players.

You were wrong on that point, and it is ok. 

You're failing to realize that today's players are not like the players Ryan coached and this was my point.  The Jets best player was on the verge of a mental breakdown because the GM answered the phone.  Imagine that guy having a head coach.  He would've retired already.

If you have not figured this out yet, Gase is not going to give the media what they want. With the media, yes he has a divisive relationship. That may be to his detriment, but that is the path he has chosen.

There are any number of coaches that do not discuss injuries with the media. There are many reasons for this. It could be because some coaches do not like the rest of the team focus on injuries, building in excuses (this was a Bill Parcells thing). It may be because any discussion about injury may give the opponent news they would not otherwise have, and advantage (this is a Bill Bellichick thing). It may be because injuries are private between the player and the organization (this is a HIPAA thing and really no business of the press).

Why Gase does it, and the way he does it, I am not sure. But for you to speculate based in something you do not know and spin it for your own validation of self belief is border line irresponsible. You just don’t know.

Gase may or may not be a good coach. 

So those two things are not the same.  Glad we agree.

Just now, AFJF said:

You're failing to realize that today's players are not like the players Ryan coached and this was my point.  The Jets best player was on the verge of a mental breakdown because the GM answered the phone.  Imagine that guy having a head coach.  He would've retired already.

You were the one that brought up Buddy Ryan, and in some manner related that to Gase. That was not me. 

And you failed in your attempt to characterize what kind of coach Ryan was during that period. It was a fail, plan and simple. He was not how you characterized him. Era be damned.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

So those two things are not the same.  Glad we agree.

Your simplistic  passive aggressive manner of trying to point things to the way that you think about a subject is a little odd. I will leave it at that.

You are a good writer. You do great things for this site. But I will tell you that you tend to fall on on side of a debate or another, and then close your mind to reasonable difference of opinion. Even when you are clearly wrong (the Buddy Ryan characterization). 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

You were the one that brought up Buddy Ryan, and in some manner related that to Gase. That was not me. 

And you failed in your attempt to characterize what kind of coach Ryan was during that period. It was a fail, plan and simple. He was not how you characterized him. Era be damned.

I thought most people knew what a hard ass Ryan was.  Pardon me if my posts don't come with a history lesson for those fans who require one.

24 minutes ago, AFJF said:

It was actually only Tannehill and he was sick of talking to the media about it and it was becoming a distraction.  If you think for one minute he didn't check in on his starting QB's availability every single day you're a fool. 

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

I thought most people knew what a hard ass Ryan was.  Pardon me if my posts don't come with a history lesson for those fans who require one.

Ditka was the hard ass. Buddy was exactly like Rex. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

It was actually only Tannehill and he was sick of talking to the media about it and it was becoming a distraction.  If you think for one minute he didn't check in on his starting QB's availability every single day you're a fool. 

If you think the head coach is only responsible for staying up to date on the well-being of his quarterback...well, then you'll say what you just said.

On 6/25/2020 at 9:59 AM, JetNation said:

Upset that Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reported a story claiming head coach Adam Gase is unpopular in his own locker room, Jets left guard Alex Lewis came out in defense of his head coach and demanded Mehta reveal his sources, a move no reporter would ever realistically make.

Through his Instagam account, Lewis tagged Mehta, saying “Give up your sources.  You don’t speak for the locker room or myself.  You got no place in the locker room if you’re going to overgeneralize all players.  Manish, you are a poison to this team”.

With this, it would appear Gase has at least one player in his corner in the locker room and with Lewis speaking up on his behalf, will more follow suit or will they remain silent?  Stay tuned.

You can see the message from Lewis here.

The post Alex Lewis Responds to Manish Mehta via Instagram appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

RfQmRNQ887s

Click here to read the full story...

good for Lewis, that's great.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

But, he wasn’t. He was gruff with the media at times, and cantankerous with leadership many times, but he was a players coach through and through. His players LOVED him. He had their back.

Post want you want, but don’t expect me to pardon where you are wrong. 

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

If you think the head coach is only responsible for staying up to date on the well-being of his quarterback...well, then you'll say what you just said.

Show me the complaints about Gase not following up on injuries with his players? Go ahead,  I'll wait. 

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

But, he wasn’t. He was gruff with the media at times, and cantankerous with leadership many times, but he was a players coach through and through. His players LOVED him. He had their back.

Post want you want, but don’t expect me to pardon where you are wrong. 

If Adam Gase did this to Jamal Adams it would go swimmingly.

When Larry Sullivant saw blood spreading on the back of his hand, he was glad.

It had been a long, hot afternoon scrimmage, and this new coach, a squat tyrant with a flat-top crew cut, had accused him of being a slacker and had been riding him hard. Sullivant jogged off the football field anticipating relief.

Sure enough, the coach inspected the gash and said: “Looks bad. It`ll need doctoring.”

Then he grabbed a handful of dirt, spit on the wound and pressed the dirt over it.

“That`ll do you,” the coach said. “Now get back out there.”

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Show me the complaints about Gase not following up on injuries with his players? Go ahead,  I'll wait. 

I'm not here to do your homework for you.  Follow the team closely, day in and day out, and you won't need me to do the work for you.

10 minutes ago, AFJF said:

If Adam Gase did this to Jamal Adams it would go swimmingly.

When Larry Sullivant saw blood spreading on the back of his hand, he was glad.

It had been a long, hot afternoon scrimmage, and this new coach, a squat tyrant with a flat-top crew cut, had accused him of being a slacker and had been riding him hard. Sullivant jogged off the football field anticipating relief.

Sure enough, the coach inspected the gash and said: “Looks bad. It`ll need doctoring.”

Then he grabbed a handful of dirt, spit on the wound and pressed the dirt over it.

“That`ll do you,” the coach said. “Now get back out there.”

Pardon me, but I thought that you said this is a different time. That was the modus operandi for all coaches at that time. 

Budddy had his core guys, and they knew who they were. Do you think that a Larry Sullivant was a core Buddy guy? Or was he a guy that he could set up as an example for the team, while not doing it for a core player? Typical coaching tactic. Use sacrificial lambs.

Buddy loved is players. CrisCarter had a drug problem when with the Eagles and Buddy knew about it. He knew he needed a change of scenery. Buddy just cut Cris. He then said “All he does is catch TD passes”. He did not cut him down in the press, as he could have easily done.

Cris Carter considers Buddy one of his greatest coaches. 

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

Pardon me, but I thought that you said this is a different time. That was the modus operandi for all coaches at that time. 

Budddy had his core guys, and they knew who they were. Do you think that a Larry Sullivant was a core Buddy guy? Or was he a guy that he could set up as an example for the team, while not doing it for a core player? Typical coaching tactic. Use sacrificial lambs.

Buddy loved is players. CrisCarter had a drug problem when with the Eagles and Buddy knew about it. He knew he needed a change of season. Buddy just cut Cris. He then said “All he does is catch TD passes”. He did not cut him down in the press, as he could have easily done.

Cris Carter considers Buddy one of his greatest coaches. 

I said you can't treat guys the way Buddy did, such as saying a guy needs to see a doctor and instead of sending him to see one, spitting on the dude and telling him to get back on the field.

Just now, AFJF said:

I said you can't treat guys the way Buddy did, such as saying a guy needs to see a doctor and instead of sending him to see one, spitting on the dude and telling him to get back on the field.

Honestly, I don’t even know what point you are trying to make any more, other than protecting your own personal opinion.

You seemingly seem to worship at the altar of Manish Mehta. And that is fine. Mehta has been pointed out to be a thin skinned media participator, and instances of his action seem to point to that characterization. I would suggest that you don’t follow him too closely.

• Upvote 1

Honestly, I don’t even know what point you are trying to make any more, other than protecting your own personal opinion.

You seemingly seem to worship at the altar of Manish Mehta. And that is fine. Mehta has been pointed out to be a thin skinned media participator, and instances of his action seem to point to that characterization. I would suggest that you don’t follow him too closely.

Welcome to 2020, where you "worship at the altar" of anyone you don't hate.  

I miss reason.

On 6/25/2020 at 5:24 PM, FidelioJet said:

Coming from former starter that is now a back-up on the depth chart.  Wonder why he would say something like that? Hmmm...

As opposed to a former player, out of the league for years, probably in need of cash to support his gaggle of kids and who also wants to be an ESPN talking head.

Yeah, I'm going with Lewis

21 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I'm not here to do your homework for you.  Follow the team closely, day in and day out, and you won't need me to do the work for you.

You haven't even done the work for yourself, troll. But thanks for admitting you were following the Dolphins daily.  You just outed yourself as a Dolphins fan. 

On 6/25/2020 at 6:23 PM, AFJF said:

When one of your 90 players speaks up on your behalf, you know there are no issues in the locker room.

Maybe

But you have to admit that it sure as shlt doesnt say there is an issue in that locker room.