Alex Lewis Responds to Manish Mehta via Instagram

Well this is Adams we are talking about, the coach could be a cross between the pope and bill walsh and he would whine like a baby without his soother.

I detest manish but if he is just talking about gase then it is viable, simply because adams is a whiny beotch.

• Upvote 4

Thankful for Alex Lewis!!! Manish produces garbage for clicks and the heart of the fanbase understands this... but he feeds the national narrative and everywhere outside of the fanbase eats up everything he puts out. It would be a huge win if the guy just left to go report for another team

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Bungaman said:

Good for Lewis. I'm no great fan of Gase, but this backstabbing stuff is uncalled for and unprofessional - which is how Mehta seems to prefer to operate when he can't think of anything else to write about.

Well, it's already generated 2 separate threads on here. I'd say Manish is good at his job which is to get attention.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, JetNation said:

Upset that Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reported a story claiming head coach Adam Gase is unpopular in his own locker room, Jets left guard Alex Lewis came out in defense of his head coach and demanded Mehta reveal his sources, a move no reporter would ever realistically make.

Through his Instagam account, Lewis tagged Mehta, saying “Give up your sources.  You don’t speak for the locker room or myself.  You got no place in the locker room if you’re going to overgeneralize all players.  Manish, you are a poison to this team”.

With this, it would appear Gase has at least one player in his corner in the locker room and with Lewis speaking up on his behalf, will more follow suit or will they remain silent?  Stay tuned.

You can see the message from Lewis here.

The post Alex Lewis Responds to Manish Mehta via Instagram appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

RfQmRNQ887s

Click here to read the full story...

@AFJF  @FidelioJet

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

So the author of this article has:

-Believed Antonio Cromartie when he said that he has talked with Adams and said that there are problems between Gase and Adams (an indirect source with previous credibility issues).

-Characterizes locker room issues with Gase based on “sources”.

-When a direct quote comes out of the locker room supporting Gase from a player, asks “ will more follow suit or stay silent”?

Someone has an agenda.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

It's expected that offensive players like Gase more than defensive players.  After all, Gase actually gives the offense the time of day.  His back is turned to the defense the whole practice, even when the offense goes back inside.

How is that possible when the offense scrimmages the defense?

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

How is that possible when the offense scrimmages the defense?

There's team period, sure, but not every practice works the same.  Sometimes the offense goes to in watch film or have additional classroom time, or the D stays out to practice some more.  Beat writers have written that Gase doesn't even check up on the D at all, and some players aren't crazy about that style.

8 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

There's team period, sure, but not every practice works the same.  Sometimes the offense goes to in watch film or have additional classroom time, or the D stays out to practice some more.  Beat writers have written that Gase doesn't even check up on the D at all, and some players aren't crazy about that style.

I don't doubt this is the case. I'm not thrilled about it either. But...we had the same situation with Rex and possibly with Bowles. Problem is, Gase is not good (nor was Bowles) as the spokesman for the team.I think Williams would actually be better.

I do believe we do have a Head Coach (Gase) and an Assistant Head Coach (Williams) working in Florhaam Park. As long as they get along and can manage the team that way, then let's see what happens.