Jets starters look terrible in scrimmage as concerns grow

NYJ1

22 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Well, I wasn't aware of that. But for some of the fans with their heads stuck in the sand,  ie YOU, it bears repeating. The Jets are GARBAGE. Better get used to the idea of 5-11.

How indicative of the season was Browning Nagle leading the Jets to a 5-0 preseason. 

20 hours ago, hamat711 said:

That doesn't make sense.

Neither does not making the playoff for 18 years and not winning a playoff game since the mid 90s.  Owning the longest drought of all the 4 major sports.  All of them

Then trolling a Jets board for some ungodly reason.  

Somehow things happen

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Sure.  That’s when teams have talent on their roster.  Sometimes talented teams haven’t gelled or don’t put enoug effort into the pre-season.

The Jets have very little talent and look bad - not a good sign.

How many practices or scrimmages have you seen?  

• Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Neither does not making the playoff for 18 years and not winning a playoff game since the mid 90s.  Owning the longest drought of all the 4 major sports.  All of them

Then trolling a Jets board for some ungodly reason.  

Somehow things happen

I wasn't the one talking trash. 

1 hour ago, hamat711 said:

I wasn't the one talking trash. 

Who was talking trash?

Your response to a post that the Bills won't make the playoffs the next 10 years was that it didnt make sense

Neither does no playoffs in 18 years.  Therefore my response

Not trash.

49 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Who was talking trash?

Your response to a post that the Bills won't make the playoffs the next 10 years was that it didnt make sense

Neither does no playoffs in 18 years.  Therefore my response

Not trash.

There was another Bills fan talking trash.

His statement says the Bills won't make the playoffs while also winning a game in the next two years. 

The statement doesn't make sense and that is all I said.

this year is a hard year to build a new team; rookies and 2nd year players will not get enough practice time and now preseason games to get the rust out. Teams with little turn over, same playbook and skilled players for years are going to have a huge advantage.

Blaming owners, GMs, and coaches, while enjoyable and stress relieving, is pretty much pointless. Jets are in the middle of a re-build and the pandemic hits such teams harder than others - just the truth - nobody to blame.

1 hour ago, bostonmajet said:

this year is a hard year to build a new team; rookies and 2nd year players will not get enough practice time and now preseason games to get the rust out. Teams with little turn over, same playbook and skilled players for years are going to have a huge advantage.

Blaming owners, GMs, and coaches, while enjoyable and stress relieving, is pretty much pointless. Jets are in the middle of a re-build and the pandemic hits such teams harder than others - just the truth - nobody to blame.

100% correct. Any rebuilding team with a lot of young/new faces are at a bigger disadvantage than in normal years. Not good news for us. But here’s hoping Darnold takes a huge leap and it doesn’t matter.

• Sympathy 1

On 8/27/2020 at 7:51 PM, UnknownJetFan said:

Only thing is Perriman and Bell weren't in the scrimmage so that's 2 pretty significant weapons on our O missing where we should wait to see them on the field with Darnold in a scrimmage before passing judgement. 

That's a reasonable response and a possibly valid excuse. I'm just not sure Adam Gase is the answer for Head coach. He should have had the players more motivated during the scrimmage. Instead,  they looked like a trainwreck. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/27/2020 at 8:18 PM, Philc1 said:

Remember when we didn’t score a single td the entire 2012 preseason and then proceeded to blow out the Bills week 1?

I don't see how that has any relevance to the Jets team in 2020...

• Upvote 1

On 8/29/2020 at 3:09 AM, BurnleyJet said:

Real question, what’s the over/under on Gase making it past Black Monday as HC of the NY Jets?

That IMO is the crux of the issue. Talent issues aside, Gase should have had the team playing better. This season is 100% a referendum on Adam Gase as HC....

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

Agreed. IMO, the Covid nonsense only helps the very BEST teams that didn't need any changes. Kansas City should be in the driver's seat to win another Superbowl. 

On 8/29/2020 at 2:09 AM, BurnleyJet said:

Real question, what’s the over/under on Gase making it past Black Monday as HC of the NY Jets?

F Black Monday, I hope he gets his walking papers immediately after the final gun on the the regular season. Hopefully he ingests all the narcotics he can muster into his system and conducts his final presser in the same bizarre, awkward, & "wtf is going on here" state as he did his introductory one. At least let us laugh at his loser a$$ one final time before we ever have to see his obnoxious face as the HC of this franchise ever again.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

40 minutes ago, glenn31 said:

F Black Monday, I hope he gets his walking papers immediately after the final gun on the the regular season. Hopefully he ingests all the narcotics he can muster into his system and conducts his final presser in the same bizarre, awkward, & "wtf is going on here" state as he did his introductory one. At least let us laugh at his loser a$$ one final time before we ever have to see his obnoxious face as the HC of this franchise ever again.

The level of play is a direct reflection of the coaching.  Gase is dog $%^&.

• Upvote 2

On 8/30/2020 at 8:55 AM, NYJ1 said:

Agreed. IMO, the Covid nonsense only helps the very BEST teams that didn't need any changes. Kansas City should be in the driver's seat to win another Superbowl. 

The ravens might beat them if Lamar doesn’t get the Madden curse

On 8/27/2020 at 3:59 PM, NYJ1 said:

Well, I wasn't aware of that. But for some of the fans with their heads stuck in the sand,  ie YOU, it bears repeating. The Jets are GARBAGE. Better get used to the idea of 5-11.

No, No, No. What SAR was trying to say was that the Jets starting offense actually destroyed the backup defense. All of the reporters in attendance just imagined it. Much like basically every game last year that the Jets actually won in his fantasy land.

• Upvote 1