Here comes Cimini linking the Jets to a possible decision with Trevor Lawrence

jetstream23

Just now, Y3k said:

No he’s not, in any way. Keep telling yourself that though. 

Goff is 25. He has 2 seasons over 4500 yards. Thrown for 28-32-22 TDs, +21 td to int, +20...QBR over 100 twice. 

Sam 1 season barely over 3000 yards. 17 and 19 TDs, +2 and +6 tds to ints, 84 highest QBR.

Numbers don't lie. Don't be mad. You're wrong. It will be ok. Sam isn't better than Goff. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, pointman said:

Goff is 25. He has 2 seasons over 4500 yards. Thrown for 28-32-22 TDs, +21 td to int, +20...QBR over 100 twice. 

Sam 1 season barely over 3000 yards. 17 and 19 TDs, +2 and +6 tds to ints, 84 highest QBR.

Numbers don't lie. Don't be mad. You're wrong. It will be ok. Sam isn't better than Goff. 

Just because you say something really hard doesn’t make it so. 

• Thumb Down 2

7 minutes ago, Y3k said:

No he’s not, in any way. Keep telling yourself that though. 

3 minutes ago, pointman said:

2 minutes ago, Y3k said:

Just because you say something really hard doesn’t make it so. 

Obvious troll is obvious

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, pointman said:

do you realize that (whomever tf that is) is conmpletely delusional?

psst !!!!!      Qb rate and QBR are not the same thing....

this is Goffs

image.png.ec321613665a9a5ae358fe1d5c18636d.png

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, peekskill68 said:

A QB excelling within a different coach's system and a HC excelling with a different QB running his system can both be true.  This just may not be a good marriage between Sam and Gase...

Could be an interesting thing to discuss next year though if Darnold moves on from Gase and takes a leap like Tannehill did.  We'd have our answer (but we'd no longer have a QB).

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, pointman said:

Goff is far superior to Darnold. And offensive genius might be a tad much. Just because you crave seeing Gase call a screen pass, or a sweep.. 

You must not watch a lot of football. The Rams would trade Goff for Darnold in a heartbeat. Sam has his issues but Goff is a deeply flawed QB despite having many weapons around him and a top 10 NFL coach.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Could be an interesting thing to discuss next year though if Darnold moves on from Gase and takes a leap like Tannehill did.  We'd have our answer (but we'd no longer have a QB).

I know he was a rook under Bowles but his first year play wasn't inspiring, either. 

Tannehill has long been one of the most underrated players in the league. Darnold hasn't shown anything.

Just now, Mackman55 said:

You must not watch a lot of football. The Rams would trade Goff for Darnold in a heartbeat. Sam has his issues but Goff is a deeply flawed QB despite having many weapons around him and a top 10 NFL coach.

This is madness. Sheer madness.

• Upvote 1

Just now, pointman said:

I gotcha. I appreciate the correction. 

And again, the QBR is more robust for me cos it disocunts garbage time TD and yards

it counts should be INTS negaitvely whereas the 0-152 scale counts them as any other INC et cet....

and is on a more understandble scale...

0-100   where 50 gives your team a 50% chance of winning

vs 0-150-something....

21 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup. I just hope we know exactly wehre things stand at the end of the season.  Either he sucks and we need to move on or he proves over the next `15 games that he is a top half of the league QB.

No more of this maybe he can be good with a better OL and solid weapons.  We just need to know.  One way or the other.

At the end of Year 3 we'll have seen just how good Darnold can be with one season under Bowles/Bates and two under Gase/Loggains where the pinnacle of the weapons he had to throw to were in Year 1 with a healthy Herndon and Robby Anderson, and the pinnacle of his OLine is likely this this season (TBD).

I'm trying to be honest with myself about what this kid is and what he can (or can't) be.  There's some recency bias.... his last game was bad and most of it was on him.  Bad decisions, bad mechanics, etc.  But when I step back it just seems odd that he'd look worse in Year 3 than he did halfway through Year 1.  BUT...maybe it seems odd because this has been an odd year with no preseason games and the Jets only had 3 WRs take snaps on Sunday (one of which was Chris Hogan) and counted on the dynamic duo of Frank Gore and Josh Adams for half the game?

That Darnold had a QB Rating around the same as Tom Brady and Kyler Murray, and better than Baker Mayfield and Carson Wentz doesn't mean much to me with all of those teams playing on the road and against very good defenses.  Offenses are typically behind defenses at the start of the season anyway, but with no preseason games and 2 of the 3 WRs joining the team recently (Perriman, Hogan) and one of them missing practices the past two weeks (Perriman) I'm not shocked that the timing may have been off and the offense out of sync.

As you said, we need to know what we have.  But it may take several weeks before we can get an honest assessment.

• Post of the Week 1

If they're in the position to draft Lawrence, I hope they do.

If they do, they need to keep Sam and let him play year four.

I'd like Trevor to sit a year while JD continues to build up a complete team.  Don't just throw him to the wolves as a rookie.

Who knows?  Maybe the competition leads Sam to rebuild some value and we can get something for him entering his fifth year on the rookie deal?

Being forced to trade a rebuilt value Darnold or a second year Lawrence is a great way to horde more picks. 

28 minutes ago, jgb said:

I know he was a rook under Bowles but his first year play wasn't inspiring, either. 

Tannehill has long been one of the most underrated players in the league. Darnold hasn't shown anything.

That statement is factually incorrect.  He has shown a lot, and it's even been consistent at times (see below), but just like the personnel on the OLine and the WR group..... it comes and it goes.  It's been sporadic.

It's also a big problem that a large percentage of his best games came as a rookie two years ago.  But he's had really good stretches in both 2018 and 2019.

In the final half of 2019 (8 games) he threw only 4 INTs against 13 TDs and the Jets went 6-2.

Is it more likely he forgot how to play football or that this train wreck of an offseason with no preseason games and a Week 1 with 8 new players on offense as compared to 2019, had something to do with it?