I'm tired of hearing about Jamal Adams too, but....

AFJF

They are undefeated ya know that right

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

That doesn’t win the argument like you think it does. Jamal is an 0-4 Safety on a 4-0 team. And that team coughed up two 1sts and a 3rd for that privilege. Their defense performed better without him last week.

If he can’t cover or cause turnovers in 2020, he isn’t worth much at all as a Safety, and we’re seeing that play out on the field.

You were right about one thing, though. Kerry Rhodes >>>> Jamal Adams.
  • Upvote 1

On 10/9/2020 at 9:38 AM, AFJF said:

This contrast was too staggering to not share.

Over the course of the entire 2019 season, Jamal Adams allowed 150 receiving yards.

Through 4 games this season, he has allowed 137.

Not for nothing teams didn't have to throw much against the Jets in the 2nd half when Jamal played here.

Almost doesn't matter whether or how much you liked Jamal. This was a good deal for the Jets. SEA overpaid. Glad to be on the "smart" side of a deal, for once.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 10/9/2020 at 8:18 AM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Seahawks have the one of the worst secondary's in the NFL...worse than they were last year without Adams. 

All that Cost seattle were 2 1st round picks. 

We should have held out for 3 firsts. Anybody stupid and desperate enough to relinquish 2 firsts would have upped 3 firsts. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

100 %.  Being gay doesn't have a negative impact on your ability to play football.  

If it was, Tom Brady would be selling insurance right now.

Rhodes >>>>>> Jamal Adams.

That was probably why his career was as effectively over when that came out.

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

That was probably why his career was as effectively over when it that came out.

What does that have to do with his abilities on the football field?  The league being homophobic doesn't mean Rhodes wasn't an excellent player.  

Is this seriously the kind of stuff you think in 2020?

3 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

He was ballhawk and terrible tackler thats why rex got rid of him 

Being a ballhawk is literally all that matters out of a Safety in 2020.  Rex Ryan valued a "hard-hitting" guy like Calvin Pryor who was out of the league in minutes.  That should tell you all you need to know about Rex Ryan's ability to evaluate talent.

Being a ballhawk is literally all that matters out of a Safety in 2020.  Rex Ryan valued a "hard-hitting" guy like Calvin Pryor who was out of the league in minutes.  That should tell you all you need to know about Rex Ryan's ability to evaluate talent.

He replaced him jim leonard bro .. abd jim impacted the game way more than catching over thrown interceptions.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

100 %.  Being gay doesn't have a negative impact on your ability to play football.  

If it was, Tom Brady would be selling insurance right now.

Rhodes >>>>>> Jamal Adams.  Rhodes was a much tougher dude, too.

Leonhard >>> Rhodes >>> Adams

2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

He replaced him jim leonard bro .. 

Rhodes picked off 8 passes and had 27 PD's for Arizona in his final 3 seasons in the league, after being let go.  Leonhard was good but so was Rhodes.

What are you trying to argue here?  PFF had Rhodes as far better than Adams.  And Adams people love quoting PFF.

• Upvote 1

Rhodes picked off 8 passes and had 27 PD's for Arizona in his final 3 seasons in the league, after being let go.

What are you trying to argue here?  PFF had Rhodes as far better than Adams.  And Adams people love quoting PFF.

Kerry rhodes wasnt great and wasn’t a 2 time all pro player.  Thats all

Just now, Scoop24 said:

Kerry rhodes wasnt great and wasn’t a 2 time all pro.  Thats all

Lol who gives a sh*t about all-Pro.  Adams is a self-promoter and that's why he got those votes.

I'm not letting you come off the topic at hand though.  What did Rhodes being gay have anything to do with his football abilities, and why did you feel the need to highlight that?

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Lol who gives a sh*t about all-Pro.

I'm not letting you come off the topic at hand though.  What did Rhodes being gay have anything to do with his football abilities, and why did you feel the need to highlight that?

Cause i am man posing to straight to public with a whole wife and then to come out gay . I dont respect him . But to each his own 

3 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Cause i am man posing to straight to public with a whole wife and then to come out gay . I dont respect him . But to each his own 

It was because of people in the league being homophobic that he had to keep that a secret.  He was effectively blackballed from the league when he was still playing at a high level. 

Posts like yours help demonstrate that as well:  At the time, fans didn't react kindly to homosexuality in a "tough guy sport".  I suppose some still don't, from the sound of things.

I respect him.  I don't respect you, if you were seriously trying to take him down a notch based on his homosexuality in the midst of a football discussion.  To each their own, I suppose.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It is because of people in the league being homophobic that he had to keep that a secret.  He was effectively blackballed from the league when he was still playing at a high level.  Tough guy posts like yours help demonstrate that as well.

I respect him.  I don't respect you.  To each their own, I suppose.

Thats fine ..  i never worry about getting respect from people i don't know. Just like im sure kerry rhodes doesn't give sh*t about what you or me thinks

Just now, Scoop24 said:

Thats fine ..  i never worry about getting respect from people i don't know. Just im sure kerry rhodes doesn't give about what you or me thinnks

Considering that what people thought about him ended his career prematurely and cost him millions of dollars, I'm sure he cared a great deal about how people felt about him.