Jump to content
Jetsbb

Ralph Vacchiano: Sources: Jets not expected to fire Adam Gase midseason

Recommended Posts

@Mogglez is it safe to assume, that if you have a source willing to share info with you, that Adam Gase would also be aware that we are speaking to coaching candidates through back channels?

Do you think they’re committed to the tank?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The real concern is whether this season is breaking the young players.  If so, and it looks like it, Gase needs to be fired yesterday.  They can go 0-16 with a coach that will at least be better culture-wise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

The real concern is whether this season is breaking the young players.  If so, and it looks like it, Gase needs to be fired yesterday.  They can go 0-16 with a coach that will at least be better culture-wise.

Like who, Gregg Williams??  I'll tell you right now, the offensive side of the ball didn't appreciate the comments Gregg made the other day and that a**hole, in particular, has been responsible for more finger pointing within the organization than Gase has.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Like who, Gregg Williams??  I'll tell you right now, the offensive side of the ball didn't appreciate the comments Gregg made the other day and that a**hole, in particular, has been responsible for more finger pointing within the organization than Gase has.

Williams today said that he “loved” Gase. The media has been trying to bait Leveon Bell into ripping Gase and he won’t do it. Same with Robby Anderson. Ryan Tannehill credits Gase for teaching him how to play QB in the NFL. It would appear that the people around Gase respect him and many of them actually like him. The players on the team are aware that Joe Flacco is currently throwing to Jeff Smith right now and that’s the offense. They’re aware that their CBs are street free agent quality. Has the team played like sh*t? Absolutely. But until the players decide that it’s Adam Gase’s fault the team sucks, there’s no internal rationale for firing him. Fans just want heads to roll at this point for entertainment purposes. 
 

All that said, Gase should definitely hand over the play calling to Cooter.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

um ... false?

any team firing hte HC changes off strategy and game plans every week, just like every othe rHC in the league. Every game it is different and the package of plays change, what are you talking about? you literally see this with every single HS replacement. It is because you are replacing he HC who determines the game plan, very simple concept.

Agian not same scheme...and by definition not the same plays, but more importantly in our case not he same play calling...sure we will still have a run up the gut it just wont be the only play called nor called 20 times a game in the least opportune times to run it. 

You do not need an off season to change anything? THIS IS CRAZY THINKING!! Actually NFL quality coaching adapt players strengths nd weakness of the game, literally every week - and get this you can do it no matter who is on your roster - you are allowed too. See herbert, See Mayfield, See Mahomes, See Ryan, See Tennesee, See name every team this year. I'm am trying now to be belligerent but your comments amaze me, you think that well we suck with gase so we just have to remain in the suck. NO YOU DO NOT! We can have another person be the HC tomorrow and that person can call good plays.

This last point might just be your worst, hard to say since the whole thng is ridiculous, but lets just say this last one was you rworst, so if youre a decent, no if you think you are a decent to good team (see houston) it is pointless to fire your head coach because making that chagne by your logic is pointless? Really? You beleive that honestly???

They fired Bill Obrien and then won the very next week and starting actually scoring more points that before!!! SHOCKING!!! lol

Im sorry man i hope this doesn't come out at mean or trying dis you I just am in disbelief of your post. You saw them put 36 on the titans right? I mean you literally see a team do exactly what you say we shouldn't do because it wouldn't make a diff and they literally did exactly what you said not too.. I mean damn thats Nuts

Just imagine another coach comes in and we get good play calling and game plans, all of a sudden our struggling qb looks alot better, the team starts wining being competitive..

Its like the Jets have beaten you down, way down to where you have given up on Hope.

 

 

Yeah, that would be wrong.  Totally wrong.  

The Texans haver talent, I covered that.  The Jets arent a good team.  The Jets are 0-6.  No one is going to come in and accomplish anything, the season is over.  But wait, we can imagine.

You just dont get it.  Thats fine.  I'm wrong, Vacciano is wrong, the other 5 or more teams that will fire their HC at year end are wrong too.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Like who, Gregg Williams??  I'll tell you right now, the offensive side of the ball didn't appreciate the comments Gregg made the other day and that a**hole, in particular, has been responsible for more finger pointing within the organization than Gase has.

I'd take a flyer on Shawn Jefferson.  He was a decent NFL player in his day, so he'd be able to relate to the players and would command respect in the locker room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Williams today said that he “loved” Gase. The media has been trying to bait Leveon Bell into ripping Gase and he won’t do it. Same with Robby Anderson. Ryan Tannehill credits Gase for teaching him how to play QB in the NFL. It would appear that the people around Gase respect him and many of them actually like him. The players on the team are aware that Joe Flacco is currently throwing to Jeff Smith right now and that’s the offense. They’re aware that their CBs are street free agent quality. Has the team played like sh*t? Absolutely. But until the players decide that it’s Adam Gase’s fault the team sucks, there’s no internal rationale for firing him. Fans just want heads to roll at this point for entertainment purposes. 
 

All that said, Gase should definitely hand over the play calling to Cooter.

To make a long story short, Gase is polarizing, much in the same way that Mangini was.  Some will stand by his side no matter what, and others...not so much.  The petty hard-ass routine wears thin when you aren't winning.  However, this is the case with pretty much any coach in the NFL.  You wanna see an awful culture?  Turn this team over to Gregg and let him turn all the defensive guys into Jamal Adams because he'll have them huffing their own farts with no reasoning in no time.  He is Rex Ryan 2.0 with a nasty side to him, and I don't mean that in a good way. 

Yes, Gase should absolutely do that (regarding Cooter).  His own system and play calling are attrocious, lmao.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

To make a long story short, Gase is polarizing, much in the same way that Mangini was.  Some will stand by his side no matter what, and others...not so much because the petty hard-ass routine wears thin when you aren't winnning.  However, this is the case with pretty much any coach in the NFL.  You wanna see an awful culture.  Turn this team over to Gregg and let him turn all the defensive guys into Jamal Adams because he'll have them huffing their own farts with no reasoning in no time.  He is Rex Ryan 2.0 with a nasty side to him, and I don't mean that in a good way. 

Yes, Gase should absolutely do that.  His system and play calling are attrocious, lmao.

I do find it weird that no one has gotten any of the players in the building to trash Gase, even anonymously. Rare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

I'd take a flyer on Shawn Jefferson.  He was a decent NFL player in his day, so he'd be able to relate to the players and would command respect in the locker room.

Shawn Jefferson has never had the responsibilities of head coach and making this sh*tshow his first opportunity is sure-fire way to make sure he never gets another crack at it.  Also, he's an excellent positional coach and may be a guy you don't want to lose.  Until you have a new guy in place, you have no idea who may be going or staying from a positional coach standpoint.  I'll tell you right now that you aren't going to make a WR coach a lame duck interim HC, and then demote him and have him stay.  He will walk in a heartbeat.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mogglez said:

Shawn Jefferson has never had the responsibilities of head coach and making this sh*tshow his first opportunity is sure-fire way to make sure he never gets another crack at it.  Also, he's an excellent positional coach and may be a guy you don't want to lose.  Until you have a new guy in place, you have no idea who may be going or staying from a positional coach standpoint.  I'll tell you right now that you aren't going to make a WR coach a lame duck interim HC, and then demote him and have him stay.  He will walk in a heartbeat.  

If you think the next regime is going to want coaching staff holdovers you aren't thinking big enough.  Let Jefferson take the job and walk, it'll be good for his resume to eventually work his way up.  And trust the next HC to replace him well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T0mShane said:

I do find it weird that no one has gotten any of the players in the building to trash Gase, even anonymously. Rare.

I'm sure we'll get a couple of clippings here and there when the deed is finally done, however, I wouldn't read too much into it.  He isn't the devil that the media (MANISH) paints him out to be.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

If you think the next regime is going to want coaching staff holdovers you aren't thinking big enough.  Let Jefferson take the job and walk, it'll be good for his resume to eventually work his way up.  And trust the next HC to replace him well.

That type of thinking would have gotten Mike Westhoff fired numerous times.  If you do your job well, it will be recognized one way or another.  That said, no one wants to be a "place holder".  It's disrespectful and a large reason why Buffalo ended up losing someone as good as Anthony Lynn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Williams today said that he “loved” Gase. The media has been trying to bait Leveon Bell into ripping Gase and he won’t do it. Same with Robby Anderson. Ryan Tannehill credits Gase for teaching him how to play QB in the NFL. It would appear that the people around Gase respect him and many of them actually like him. The players on the team are aware that Joe Flacco is currently throwing to Jeff Smith right now and that’s the offense. They’re aware that their CBs are street free agent quality. Has the team played like sh*t? Absolutely. But until the players decide that it’s Adam Gase’s fault the team sucks, there’s no internal rationale for firing him. Fans just want heads to roll at this point for entertainment purposes. 
 

All that said, Gase should definitely hand over the play calling to Cooter.

Good take... It's time for GASE to put his ego aside if he wants to continue being the head coach, along with JD they need to find the next OC brain that has a pulse on the modern NFL and snap him up. I'm not sure that's Cooter, but let Cooter take the last 1/2 of the season and call plays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2020 is a mulligan for the New York Jets. 

Pandemic, injuries, trades, opt-outs, defense playing like ass, Darnold out for multiple weeks.  Somewhere around Week 4 the Jets got together and came to the conclusion that this year was not about winning, it was about ripping the BandAid off, getting rid of players, and positioning ourselves for the draft.

Gase and Douglas are hand-picked by Christopher Johnson and they haven't been given a fair chance to succeed here due to a decade of Idzik/Maccagnan negligence compounded by injuries.  Season ticket holders didn't spend a dime this year and they're not going to be forced to spend a dime next year either.  Mulligan's all around.  Christopher Johnson wants to see what they can do next season with another draft and another free agency period.  So do we.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

Good take... It's time for GASE to put his ego aside if he wants to continue being the head coach, along with JD they need to find the next OC brain that has a pulse on the modern NFL and snap him up. I'm not sure that's Cooter, but let Cooter take the last 1/2 of the season and call plays.

Especially if we do get the #1 pick. Get the ducks in a row ASAP, before any of the real off season stuff starts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Williams today said that he “loved” Gase. The media has been trying to bait Leveon Bell into ripping Gase and he won’t do it. Same with Robby Anderson. Ryan Tannehill credits Gase for teaching him how to play QB in the NFL. It would appear that the people around Gase respect him and many of them actually like him. The players on the team are aware that Joe Flacco is currently throwing to Jeff Smith right now and that’s the offense. They’re aware that their CBs are street free agent quality. Has the team played like sh*t? Absolutely. But until the players decide that it’s Adam Gase’s fault the team sucks, there’s no internal rationale for firing him. Fans just want heads to roll at this point for entertainment purposes. 
 

All that said, Gase should definitely hand over the play calling to Cooter.

 

AS crazy as it sounds, I like Gase as a HEAD coach in a CEO/cut throat/culture changing type of role.

I HATE him as a play caller and offensive designer.  

There are a lot of creative minds out there sitting in positional coach positions that will jump at the chance to move up and show off their skills.

Unfortunately, they might have to extend Gase to get that person to jump.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2020 at 3:50 PM, Jetsbb said:

Gase is a lightning rod, and there are some outside the organization who think this is a big factor. All the heat right now is on him, which takes the pressure off what increasingly looks like a poor offseason and shaky first draft by Douglas. It also distracts from the sticky situation Johnson created by essentially letting his coach have a hand in choosing the GM.

This is exactly what I wrote about last week, even using the term "lightning rod".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...