College Football Games Thread - 11/21

Just now, Beerfish said:

@Lith are Georgia fans particularly down on kirby smart for the whole Fields thing considering that Qb play is what is holding Georgia back big time this year?  Or are they giving him a pass?

The honeymoon period is ending.  He is a great recruiter, and a really good coach, but we have been stuck in neutral the last few seasons due to his inability to evaluate QBs.  Which is  pretty sginificant flaw.  We are expected to start JT Daniels today, who was cleared about a month ago.  Yet we continued to start Stetson Bennett against Bama and the Gators.  Which gave us no chance in those games.

Not sure what I want to see out of Daniels, if he plays well and we look capable of putting up 40+, it just leads to more questioning of Kirby's decision making at the most important position on the field.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Justin Fields is legit. Trevor Lawrence is legit. 

both are legit. 

nobody has to pick sides on QBs. 

let’s just get a good one.

thanks.

What is legit? 

They are both really good prospects.

Neither one is lead pipe 'generational' as many people are saying.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Justin Fields is legit. Trevor Lawrence is legit. 

both are legit. 

nobody has to pick sides on QBs. 

let’s just get a good one.

thanks.

You're right. So you're saying Zach Wilson? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JiF said:

Looked like Fields expected the WR to break on the in underneath he safety and he kept running down the seam, couldn’t tell for sure though. 

It was great ball placement; right into the opposing teams hands...

(compared to Trevor Lawrence who just almost broke the NCAA All-Time record for most consecutive passes without a single INT thrown with over 330+ passes without an INT). 

• Thumb Down 1

Not that I think comparing stats is a huge part of evaluation, I was curious about the level of competition between the 2 top QBs last year.  

If you take the team D ranking of opponents from last year for Lawrence and Fields and average it out, it's pretty startling the difference.

On Average, Lawrence was facing the 74th ranked defense.  This excludes Wofford who is not ranked because they are FCs.

On Average, Fields played 47th ranked defense.  This excludes his 2nd game against Wisconsin(10th overall) to have 13 games s piece.

I don't know what it means exactly, but it did confirm my suspicion that Fields plays better defenses week in and week out than Lawrence does.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

It was great ball placement; right into the opposing teams hands...

(compared to Trevor Lawrence who just almost broke the NCAA All-Time record for most consecutive passes without a single INT thrown with over 330+ passes without an INT). 

The only person obsessed  with comparing the 2 players is you, Stan.  I’m just talking ball, something you clearly don’t understand 

• Thumb Down 1