College Football Games Thread - 11/21

JustInFudge

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Not that I think comparing stats is a huge part of evaluation, I was curious about the level of competition between the 2 top QBs last year.  

If you take the team D ranking of opponents from last year for Lawrence and Fields and average it out, it's pretty startling the difference.

On Average, Lawrence was facing the 74th ranked defense.  This excludes Wofford who is not ranked because they are FCs.

On Average, Fields played 47th ranked defense.  This excludes his 2nd game against Wisconsin(10th overall) to have 13 games s piece.

I don't know what it means exactly, but it did confirm my suspicion that Fields plays better defenses week in and week out than Lawrence does.

Both QBs have shown a big drop in performance in the playoffs games at times.   This is why though they are both good , I don't think they are so much better than other QB draft years.  Just my opinion.  Big games vs teams with similar latent levels.

Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

I remember watching Fields vs. Clemson during his playoffs loss last year and Fields had 14 rushing attempts for only 13 yards lol with a average of less than 1 yard per carry (0.9).... 

He thinks he's Vick/Lamar/Wilson etc but he's really not. 

Go away 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Justin Fields has an 86.7% completion percentage because he's played some absolute horrible defenses

11 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Now do the same for Lawrence's competition through his Clemson tenure, and please be sure to note his teammates too. 

7 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Not that I think comparing stats is a huge part of evaluation, I was curious about the level of competition between the 2 top QBs last year.  

If you take the team D ranking of opponents from last year for Lawrence and Fields and average it out, it's pretty startling the difference.

On Average, Lawrence was facing the 74th ranked defense.  This excludes Wofford who is not ranked because they are FCs.

On Average, Fields played 47th ranked defense.  This excludes his 2nd game against Wisconsin(10th overall) to have 13 games s piece.

I don't know what it means exactly, but it did confirm my suspicion that Fields plays better defenses week in and week out than Lawrence does.

Thanks for doing this @HawkeyeJet. I had a feeling I wouldn't get an answer from DWC since he knows it hurts his hot takes. 

As we've discussed before in another thread, I think both are great prospects and I'll be happy with either. Gun to my head I'm taking Lawrence only because he has more reps at QB1 since becoming a HS phenom and that means something to me. But I can't get over DWC calling Lawrence not only generational, but also calling him a better prospect than Luck or Peyton. One of the more absurd takes I've ever seen consistently argued. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Thanks for doing this @HawkeyeJet. I had a feeling I wouldn't get an answer from DWC since he knows it hurts his hot takes. 

As we've discussed before in another thread, I think both are great prospects and I'll be happy with either. Gun to my head I'm taking Lawrence only because he has more reps at QB1 since becoming a HS phenom and that means something to me. But I can't get over DWC calling Lawrence not only generational, but also calling him a better prospect than Luck or Peyton. One of the more absurd takes I've ever seen consistently argued. 

His name is Stan 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I remember watching Fields vs. Clemson during his playoffs loss last year and Fields had 14 rushing attempts for only 13 yards lol with a average of less than 1 yard per carry (0.9).... 

He thinks he's Vick/Lamar/Wilson etc but he's really not. 

He thinks that? When did he tell you?

lol Fields throws the ball well and doesn’t scramble unless he needs to, you know, like Lawrence does.

Lawrence must think he’s Randle Cunningham now huh?

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Go away 

What?

You can't accept the fact that during Fields loss to Clemson during the playoffs last year that Fields had 14 rushing attempts for only 13 yards lol with a average of less than 1 yard per carry (0.9) and thinks he's Vick/Lamar/Wilson but really isn't? 

Remember you harping all over me for my support of TL? You jumped down my throat and now you don't like me doing the same to you about Fields? 

And holy sh*t lololololol as I'm typing his 2nd INT and that was HORRIBLE hahahaha

• Thumb Down 2