College Football Games Thread - 11/21

JustInFudge

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well  this is part of it though, how does a Qb play when he does not have a massive talent advantage.

I’m not excusing the poor play, I talked about this in my OP.  Indiana plays a confusing D.  Nobody on OSU is handling it well, Fields included.  Let’s see if they can figure it out.  Indiana hasn’t given them a conventional look since the first drive and they are winning at the LOS, OSU needs to settle down, don’t think the weather is helping either. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

His name is Whop?

One team has a Master, the other a Mister.  From IU website:

Mister Elias De'Angelo Philyor
parents began calling him Whop because of his love for Burger King's Whoppers ... Mister Elias De'Angelo Philyor is a liberal studies major ... born on July 31, 1998.

The kid likley has an endorsement deal waiting for him.

• Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, King P said:

This is going to be the game people use to nitpick the hell out of Fields, because they're so hellbent on TL they'll look for anything they can get to dismiss Fields

Not really. His 14 rushing attempts for 13 yards at less than 1 yard per carry (0.9) during his loss against Clemons during the playoffs last year + 2 INT's was down right EMBARRASSING. 

And heading into today's game I was the only one who had the balls to predict he'd have a bad game due to FINALLY playing a good defense here in 2020.

It's funny how after his first drive all these Fields fanboys started mocking me and laughing @ me but now he's gone 1/6, 2 INTs and a bad sack since that first drive.  

• Thumb Down 1

Excellent evaluation game for Fields.  He's struggling and
things aren't going his way, let's see how/if he can bounce
back.  A big time QB has to be able to fight through bad
games and still lead his team to wins

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I’m not excusing the poor play, I talked about this in my OP.  Indiana plays a confusing D.  Nobody on OSU is handling it well, Fields included. 

There was nothing confusing about Fields 2 INT's. The 1st INT was an awful throw and his 2nd INT was atrocious decision making (Darnold like). 

Was Fields also confused against Clemson when he tossed 2 INT's and had 14 runs for 13 yards and 0.9 ypc? 

And if you think Indiana's defense is "confusing" him lol just wait for the NFL. 

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Not really. His 14 rushing attempts for 13 yards at less than 1 yard per carry (0.9) during his loss against Clemons during the playoffs last year + 2 INT's was down right EMBARRASSING. 

And heading into today's game I was the only one who had the balls to predict he'd have a bad game due to FINALLY playing a good defense here in 2020.

It's funny how after his first drive all these Fields fanboys started mocking me and laughing @ me but now he's gone 1/6, 2 INTs and a bad sack since that first drive.  

I have probably argued for Trevor Lawrence over Fields more than anyone on this forum, and @JiF can attest to that, but go ahead and call me a “Fields fanboy” because no one here enjoys you coming in and attempting to derail the one good football thread we get a week to start a ridiculous argument.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Will you make the same prediction when Lawrence plays a good defense?

Just now, Mogglez said:

I have probably argued for Trevor Lawrence over Fields more than anyone on this forum and @JiF can attest to that, but go ahead and call me a “Fields fanboy” because no one here enjoys you coming in and attempting to derail the one good football thread we get a week to start a ridiculous argument.

Just ignore him dude.  It’s not worth it 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

parents began calling him Whop because of his love for Burger King's Whoppers ... Mister Elias De'Angelo Philyor is a liberal studies major ... born on July 31, 1998.

This is officially the game of the week.

11 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

What were you laughing at? The fact that I predicted Fields would have a bad game against a good Indiana defense? 

Well right now I'm laughing @ you for thinking you could laugh @ me because....

3/7 (.428) and 2 INT's here in the 2nd Q is absolutely a bad game (thus far). 3 runs for 2 yards (including a horrible sack) is really bad too. 

man-pointing-laughing-you-closeup-portrait-handsome-excited-happy-smile-point-finger-towards-to-camera-gesture-young-32475315.jpg.2b35d08a5b1c1dfcf45e6c0681e88d09.jpg

Quick question, did you say you were born in 1985 or 2005?

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

Master, Mister, Sir, Prince, there is actually a culture of naming kids honorifics as a way of attempting to instill pride and forcing people to respect them. 

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

The Indiana QB is unfathomably bad. With a real QB this game might actually be in question.

He will make some good throws... 30-40% of the time, but you are correct, if IU can land a good QB, they could be something. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Will you make the same prediction when Lawrence plays a good defense?

I watched Trevor absolutely destroy an NFL made Alabama defense as a true Freshman during the National Championship Game for one and also downright dominated Notre Dame's great Defense the week before. 

And this year he's the only reason why the Hurricanes aren't undefeated; he manhandled their Miami Defense. 

Etc. Etc. 

No. I won't make the same prediction because TL is just a much better QUARTERBACK when in comparison to Fields who runs around like a chicken with his head cutoff @ times. 

• Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

Just ignore him dude.  It’s not worth it 

Coming from the one who's been going out of his way to QUOTE my each and every TL post throughout the past couple of weeks? So funny. Nothing worse than a hypocritical hypocrite and if Fields was making me eat my words you'd be the first one quoting me while having a parade. 

• Thumb Down 2

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

This is Fields 2nd career game with 2 Ints.  Vs Clemson(4th overall D) and now Indiana(Currently 18th)

Lawrence has 3 career 2 int games all last season.

GA Tech(104)

Syracuse(89)

Louisville(109)

Stan is going to give you a 20 page essay in response 

• Upvote 1

One thing I’ve noticed watching Fields and I’m not sure if this is a system thing, but they don’t ever seem to give him any hot reads.  Seems like they always just run the play they have, no matter what the D is showing and expect him to figure it out.  

• Thumb Down 1