College Football Games Thread - 11/21

JustInFudge

Things I'm looking forward to today;

- Trask continuing his pursuit of the Heisman.  Will he get a statue next to Spurrier, Wuerffel and Tebow?   Does Mac Jones keep his name in the hat vs. a good Wildcat D?

- Fields vs. the Hoosiers.  Indiana plays some crazy D.  Lots of different fronts 3-3-5, 4-2-5, 2-3-6 all sorts of nutty packages so they can leverage speed and blitz like crazy.  They'll send both corners on some plays.  Interesting to see how Fields handles it.

- Bedlam is always a fun watch

- FSU lololololololo cowards. 

- Can Liberty stay undefeated vs. a decent NC St. team? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Things I'm looking forward to today;

- Trask continuing his pursuit of the Heisman.  Will he get a statue next to Spurrier, Wuerffel and Tebow?   Does Mac Jones keep his name in the hat vs. a good Wildcat D?

Indiana plays some crazy D.  Lots of different fronts 3-3-5, 4-2-5, 2-3-6 all sorts of nutty packages so they can leverage speed and blitz like crazy.  They'll send both corners on some plays.  Interesting to see how Fields handles it.

- Bedlam is always a fun watch

- FSU lololololololo cowards. 

- Can Liberty stay undefeated vs. a decent NC St. team? 

This game has a 56-13 feel to it. Doubt we will see much of Fields after halftime.

9 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Anyone see the horrible opi call in the Purdue game yesterday

just awful

Yup.  Really good, entertaining game.  But an awful way for it to end.  Purdue should have had lead with less than a minute to go.  Instead a phantom penalty call followed by game ending pick on the next play.  No idea what the ref thought he saw. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

This game has a 56-13 feel to it. Doubt we will see much of Fields after halftime.

Really?  2 top 10 teams?  I dont know about that, Vegas is giving the Hoosiers 20.5 so they clearly think they'll at least stick around for a bit.  Everyone had this team losing to Penn St. and Michigan and look at how those played out.

Ohio St. isnt the same team as last year, that D was nasty...not quite as good this year.  Hoosiers are a top 20 D, I dont even think OSU is in the top 30.

I see it like 38-21...something like that.

• Thumb Down 1

55 minutes ago, JiF said:

Really?  2 top 10 teams?  I dont know about that, Vegas is giving the Hoosiers 20.5 so they clearly think they'll at least stick around for a bit.  Everyone had this team losing to Penn St. and Michigan and look at how those played out.

Ohio St. isnt the same team as last year, that D was nasty...not quite as good this year.  Hoosiers are a top 20 D, I dont even think OSU is in the top 30.

I am with @section314 on this one.  I don't believe in Indiana, at least not yet.  The 4 teams they have beaten have 3 combined wins between them.  The Penn State and Michigan wins don't look so good anymore. 

I hope they can hang with OSU, but I need to see it to beleve it.

Justin Fields has an 86.7% completion percentage because he's played some absolute horrible defenses throughout his first 3 games. I'm expecting his completion percentage to come back down to earth against a very good Indiana defense; expect his completion percentage to fall/drop into the 50's today (just like vs. Indiana last year).

Overall I expect Fields to have a pretty bad game today and become exposed in all Trevor Lawrence comparisons. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

The OSU OL is also suspect. 

12 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Lawrence had 4 games last season where his completion percentage was in the 50s or lower.

Both games of the playoffs and then dropped into the 40's in Nat'y champ game.   Worst performance in the history of the Nat'y.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

35 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Justin Fields has an 86.7% completion percentage because he's played some absolute horrible defenses throughout his first 3 games. I'm expecting his completion percentage to come back down to earth against a very good Indiana defense; expect his completion percentage to fall/drop into the 50's today (just like vs. Indiana last year).

Overall I expect Fields to have a pretty bad game today and become exposed in all Trevor Lawrence comparisons. 

Lol, good call.

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

Both games of the playoffs and then dropped into the 40's in Nat'y champ game.   Worst performance in the history of the Nat'y.

But he puts up 700 yards and 12 tds vs the citadel, generational Qb that he is.

Vandy just marches down the field and puts up 7... UPSET ALERT!!  ?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

inside the nba laughing GIF by NBA on TNT

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, section314 said:

52 minutes ago, Lith said:

I am with @section314 on this one.  I don't believe in Indiana, at least not yet.  The 4 teams they have beaten have 3 combined wins between them.  The Penn State and Michigan wins don't look so good anymore. 

I hope they can hang with OSU, but I need to see it to beleve it.

So about that hanging in there call...

lol

• Thumb Down 1