College Football Games Thread - 11/21

JustInFudge

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You forgot the part where Trevor Lawrence has played MORE games than Justin Fields. 

okay, so let’s look at 2020 for arguments sake then.

Trevor Lawrence: 28 attempts

Justin Fields: 27 attempts

edit:

2019: 

Justin Fields - 137 attempts

Trevor Lawrence - 103 attempts

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm with ya man, especially the overhyping of Lawrence.  It has made me a bit sour.  Too many folks think he's going to come galloping in on his white stallion and save the franchise completely on his own.  That is not fair to Lawrence or to the Jets.  

I also do not believe the generational talent stuff.  I don't even know what that really means at this point as it's been over used and become cliched the past 5-10 years 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

@Defense Wins Championships

you gotta tone it down man. We get it, you hate Fields. Stop spamming the thread.

lol I don't hate Fields man I'm just giving JiF a taste of his own medicine; a person who has literally gone after my every post of TL for weeks now...

Plus it's college game day and I'm enjoying Fields tossing 3 INTs after getting mocked (earlier) for feeling like he'd have a bad game today. 

And as I'm typing WOW PENIX JR another TD (5) lighting it up and stealing the show!

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

So is this Ohio state defense any good? I know the Indiana WRs are legit but Penix is throwing ducks and crossing routes for 40 yard TDs.

This is not your typical OSU team.  I said it earlier,  this D is bad and the OL is not good. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, JiF said:

If the Gators make it to the SEC champ game, Bama is going to drop 70+ on this D

Such a total flip flop from even just a few years ago when florida had a great defense and no QBs and no offense.

They are better off with the great o and no D though no Qb and you do not win anymore in college.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

You're proving my point. 

Fields now has 39 rushes (12 today) and hasn't even finished his 4th game. 

TL has 28 after 6 games....

No, you’re proving my point genius. Trevor Lawrence has more rushing attempts this year than Fields & Trevor hasn’t played in, what, almost 3 weeks? 

Fields was clearly focused on being a much better passer than he was last season and it shows up in his low rushing attempts vs his passing stats.(don’t care to argue who he plays, OSU will play whoever is on the schedule) so his 137 attempts in 19’ doesn’t really paint the picture on how he plays QB moving forward.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Such a total flip flop form even just a few years ago when florida had a great defense and no QBs and no offense.

They are better off with the great o and no D though no Qb and you do not win anymore in college.

I prefer this, personally.  Lol

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

No, you’re proving my point genius. Trevor Lawrence has more rushing attempts this year than Fields & Trevor hasn’t played in, what, almost 3 weeks? 

Trevor Lawrence has played a full 6 games this year = 28 rushing attempts (4.6 runs per game)

Justin Fields has only played not even 4 full games and has 43 runs (15 today lol) = 10.7 runs per game. 

Heading in I predicted he'd have a QB completion percentage within the 50's. 

He's 1 incomplete away from being within the 50's% (currently 60.0%). 

I knew his completion percentage would come crashing back down to earth and believed he'd have a bad game and 3 INT's/5 sacks/60.0% is a really bad game for a QB

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Big play here, Indiana needs the stop.  (Mr Obvious)

Nope. Couldn't stop Ohio States run game. Ohio States RBs bailed out Fields today. 

Glad I got to experience and witness Fields running 15+ times today with 3 INT's/5 sacks; he's no Trevor Lawrence and that's for sure. 

Can't wait to watch Najee Harris coming up @ 4:00.