College Football Games Thread - 11/21

JustInFudge

Dudes I respect like Daniel Jeremiah and Joel Klatt remaining adamant that the Jets will get a 1st round pick out of Darnold gives me hope.

I could see a team like New Orleans giving up a 1st, especially if they’d rather roll with Hill over Jameis at the moment.

Walking away from the Top 33 with something like this would be a dream come true and I think is at least within the realm of possibility...

HC Jim Harbaugh 

1st round: QB Trevor Lawrence - Clemson

1st round: OC Creed Humphrey - Oklahoma 

1st round: WR DeVonta Smith - Alabama 

2nd round: RB Najee Harris - Alabama 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, genot said:

Yes. Sam Darnold is the QB., next year. Hopefully Douglass is thinking about what TL, would have done with the same supporting cast Darnold has had. If he can't definitively say TL, would have performed better. He's trading down. He'll be licking his draft chops with teams bidding against oneanother for that pick

JD trades that pick and TL goes on to be a franchise  multiple Super Bowl winning QB like TB he will be forever enshrined in the NY Jets sh*t bag hall of shame.

He will have to move out of the country and put in the witness protection program.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

You could be right but If he hadn’t moved on from Sam than things are MUCH worse than we can imagine.  It means JD took a bad team, tried to make it better and turned  it into quite possibly the worst team in the history of the NFL.  

He has made one mistake after another.  

Now, if you believe he wasn’t focused so much on winning but cleaning house - to begin the rebuild nexts year...then it’s fine - he’s made some solid moves not taking on big salaries or long term commitments - he’s actually done a nice job in this scenario...But if you believe he had faith in Sam and was trying to make this team better.  We’re have another disaster of a GM and will have to start over again in 3 years. 

You should be hoping you’re wrong.  

He is trying to make the team better. No way taking over this team, could he have viewed it as a one or even two yr deal. I think the bid disappointment was Mcgovern. My view is Douglas though he solidified that position, and he was wrong. Mcgovern been awful. With Ales Lewis fighting shoulder injuries,he's went from decent to awful. Injuries to our receivers too. He probably felt this was a 7 to 8 win team. Hasn't turned out that way.

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

JD trades that pick and TL goes on to be a franchise  multiple Super Bowl winning QB like TB he will be forever enshrined in the NY Jets sh*t bag hall of shame.

He will have to move out of the country and put in the witness protection program.

That's a possibility. Its also a possibility that a young highly regarded QB, gets traded, and leads his new team to the playoffs, while we realize that TL isn't superman

6 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Georgia's black jersey looks more awkward and out of place than even ours.  They should've added a little black to the helmet or something. 

Seems like we always play like sh*t in the black jerseys.  Maybe we can change to red at halftime.  Theya re just carving up our defense, gonna have to bring some pressure in the 2nd half.  Just letting him sit back there and pick us apart.

29 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Man if I was a head football coach regardless of 'talent' I would not at all tolerate the kind of idiotic shi* we just saw in oklahoma  vs oka state.  Taunting simply gave oka state a td when you are totally  controlling the game.

The guy would not play for my team at all.

They are kids. As a head coach of an NCAA program you have to have father figure types of values within you. That's when as a HC you take the kid to the side and correct him and teach him; you don't just kick him to the curb and off the team; that's heartless. He's a kid. A teenager. 

That's what made Bobby Bowden of FSU so special. And a legend. He loved his kids but he also believed in discipline. He coached a lot of troubled youth from poverty stricken cities here in Florida and unless you committed off the field incidents where he had no control Bowden always taught right from wrong when on the football field. I miss him.

1 hour ago, freestater said:

Michigan losing to Rutgers 

Happy Night Court GIF by Laff

Yeah.  Harbaugh is going back to the NFL.  His wife's probably looking for the best steak house in NY right now.  Man.  What the hell happened to Michigan?  I remember watching Lloyd Carr's teams in college and they were filled with talent.  Now even an Oregon fan I look from afar and count my blessings. We had one year with Brady Hoke as our DC and am still amazed that he EVER got a top job somewhere.

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Dudes I respect like Daniel Jeremiah and Joel Klatt remaining adamant that the Jets will get a 1st round pick out of Darnold gives me hope.

I could see a team like New Orleans giving up a 1st, especially if they’d rather roll with Hill over Jameis at the moment.

Walking away from the Top 33 with something like this would be a dream come true and I think is at least within the realm of possibility...

HC Jim Harbaugh 

1st round: QB Trevor Lawrence - Clemson

1st round: OC Creed Humphrey - Oklahoma 

1st round: WR DeVonta Smith - Alabama 

2nd round: RB Najee Harris - Alabama 

I love the picks but unfortunately no team will ever give up a 1st round pick for the 32nd rated and dead last ranked QB (during his 3rd year). 

We'd honestly become lucky to receive a 3rd. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Yeah.  Harbaugh is going back to the NFL.  Wife's probably looking for the best steak house in NY right now.  Man.  What the hell happened to Michigan?  I remember watching Lloyd Carr's teams in college and they were filled with talent.  Now as even an Oregon fan I look from afar and count my blessings. We had one year with Brady Hoke as our DC and am still amazed that he EVER got a top job somewhere.

Simple. 

New generations dont want to go play at a school in the bitter cold that's not a party school. Ann arbor SUCKS as a place to live, trust me.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

JT Daniels might of been what we needed 

Have not seen a vertical passing game like that from the Dawgs in a while.  We should have started him a month ago.  Now, lets hope we don't see any more of that 3 man rush - 8 man zone defense that Rogers picked apart most of the night.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Lith said:

Have not seen a vertical passing game like that from the Dawgs in a while.  We should have started him a month ago.  Now, lets hope we don't see any more of that 3 man rush - 8 man zone defense that Rogers picked apart most of the night.

I loved what I was seeing. Pickens is alive! 

I don’t think we have any chance at a top 4 ranking this year though.

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I loved what I was seeing. Pickens is alive! 

I don’t think we have any chance at a top 4 ranking this year though.

We are not a top 4 team.  Maybe if we had started the season with Daniels, but Bama and Florida showed we are not top 4.  And we struggled today against a depleted MSU team.  Just going to enjoy watching a team that can throw the ball downfield and score some points for a change.  We certainly don't get to watch that on Sundays.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Penn State....ugh what the hell is with that team.

The worst team within an absolute awful Conference. 

You've got teams like Ohio State (4-0), Northwestern (5-0), Indiana (4-1), Iowa (3-2), Wisconsin (2-1) and Maryland (2-1)...

And that Northwestern 5-0 is such a joke they haven't beaten anyone such a crap Conference followed by teams like...

Purdue 2-2. 

Minnesota 2-3. 

Illinois 2-3. 

Nebraska 1-3. 

Michigan 2-3. 

Michigan State 1-3. 

Rutgers 1-4. 

Penn State 0-5. 

It's just a weak 2020 Conference and only one team is top 10 worthy imo and that's Ohio State. 

I love the addition of NOTRE DAME to my ACC Conference it makes us so much fun I'm an FSU fan and we're really bad (won't last for long) but we have 3 teams who are absolutely top 10 worthy in Clemson/Notre Dame/Miami Hurricanes and also really competitive winning teams in UNC (6-2), NC State (6-3), Pittsburgh (5-4) and BC (5-4) and even Wake Forest is 4-3. 

The Big-10 is just really boring to me and PSU being awful is bad for their Conference (as is FSU being this bad, bad for the ACC).