College Football Games Thread - 11/21

JustInFudge

If anybody believes JD is going to dump a 23 yr old QB,who's never thrown more interceptions than touchdowns playing behind garbage, for anybody other than TL is nuts. My opinion is he won't do it for TL,either. The possibilities of what he can do for the team trading down,are way too tempting.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, genot said:

If anybody believes JD is going to dump a 23 yr old QB,who's never thrown more interceptions than touchdowns playing behind garbage, for anybody other than TL is nuts. My opinion is he won't do it for TL,either. The possibilities of what he can do for the team trading down,are way too tempting.

Wait so you think Sam Darnold is the NY Jets starting QB in 2021...........only way I see this MAYBE happening is if we cant draft TL and thats a big MAYBE. 

7 minutes ago, genot said:

2:1 INT ratio this year, and on track to miss half the season.

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Wait so you think Sam Darnold is the NY Jets starting QB in 2021...........only way I see this MAYBE happening is if we cant draft TL and thats a big MAYBE. 

Yes. Sam Darnold is the QB., next year. Hopefully Douglass is thinking about what TL, would have done with the same supporting cast Darnold has had. If he can't definitively say TL, would have performed better. He's trading down. He'll be licking his draft chops with teams bidding against oneanother for that pick

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, genot said:

Yes. Sam Darnold is the QB., next year. Hopefully Douglass is thinking about what TL, would have done with the same supporting cast Darnold has had. If he can't definitively say TL, would have performed better. He's trading down. He'll be licking his draft chops with teams bidding against oneanother for that pick

In all seriousness, if this is what you think is going to happen then you have no idea what’s going on.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Stfu man. Gawd, you’re worse than in-laws over for the long weekend. I get it, we ALL get it, you don’t like fields. Go sit at the other table with the kid who has greasy hair and cum stains on his shirt. You two have lots to catch up on. 
... the retort of a 12 year old ... TL easily the no 1 ... field's is a consolation prize.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

In all seriousness, if this is what you think is going to happen then you have no idea what’s going on.

Shed some light on your discussions with JD, please. Everything with regards to the draft is pure speculation at this point. On my part,and yours

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, JiF said:

Hell of game for Indiana even in a loss

Most of my family graduated from IU, sitting here watching it with them, even in a loss, they were all ecstatic. 

The three of us that didnt go to IU (Purdue, Notre Dame, and Air Force Academy) used to give them sh*t, but they certainly get to give it back this year. 

• Upvote 2

Another Najee Harris TD.

I've wanted him with the first pick of the 2nd round however if he's there with Seattle's pick of the 1st I'm not passing on him (I like him more than Travis Etienne who I absolutely love). 

Najee reminds me so much of a mixture of Derrick Henry/Adrian Peterson coming out; he's a violent runner and super explosive. 

I couldn't imagine him rushing the rock behind Mekhi Becton running downhill; scary...

2 hours ago, genot said:

JD gave up on Sam long before this off-season started.  He did not build a team like a GM would if he thought he had a franchise QB he can trust.

He signed garbage, mostly other team back-ups on one year deals and let our best and only weapon go in FA..  He even draft\ed a QB in the 4th round - when there were starter level G’s still available.

Sam was basically a sacrificial lamb this year, JD and Gase knew it.  He wasn’t coming back pretty much regardless of what happened.  If you think you have a franchise QB you build around him, you give him tools, not get rid of them.

Lastly, JD didn’t draft him so he’s not tied to him - if he’s going to put his GM career on the line he’s going to do it with his QB of choice.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

JD gave up on Sam long before this off-season started.  He did not build a team like a GM would if he thought he had a franchise QB he can trust.

He signed garbage, mostly other team back-ups on one year deals and let our best and only weapon go in FA..  He even draft\ed a QB in the 4th round - when there were starter level G’s still available.

Sam was basically a sacrificial lamb this year, JD and Gase knew it.  He wasn’t coming back pretty much regardless of what happened.  If you think you have a franchise QB you build around him, you give him tools, not get rid of them.

Lastly, JD didn’t draft him so he’s not tied to him - if he’s going to put his GM career on the line he’s going to do it with his QB of choice.

If Douglas viewed Darnold as a sacrificial lamb,then i detest him as much as i detest Gase. If he didn't believe in Sam after last season,and new this was a throw away year at QB. Trade him. He was 22 yrs old when last season ended. He could have traded him for a 1st rd pick perhaps after he ended the year 6-2. I believe though that  your wrong about his thinking. Not signing Anderson wasn't part of a break down plan,just a mistake, as he said as much at his presser. . 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, genot said:

If Douglas viewed Darnold as a sacrificial lamb,then i detest him as much as i detest Gase. If he didn't believe in Sam after last season,and new this was a throw away year at QB. Trade him. He was 22 yrs old when last season ended. He could have traded him for a 1st rd pick perhaps after he ended the year 6-2. I believe though that  your wrong about his thinking. Not signing Anderson wasn't part of a break down plan,just a mistake, as he said as much at his presser. . 

You could be right but If he hadn’t moved on from Sam than things are MUCH worse than we can imagine.  It means JD took a bad team, tried to make it better and turned  it into quite possibly the worst team in the history of the NFL.  

He has made one mistake after another.  

Now, if you believe he wasn’t focused so much on winning but cleaning house - to begin the rebuild nexts year...then it’s fine - he’s made some solid moves not taking on big salaries or long term commitments - he’s actually done a nice job in this scenario...

But if you believe he had faith in Sam and was trying to make this team better.  We have another disaster of a GM and will have to start over again in 3 years. 

You should be hoping you’re wrong.