College Football Games Thread - 11/21

JustInFudge

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I completely understand that.  That's why I said I've never seen it before.  And also said "if they keep showing up".

I don't have a horse in this race.  I do not care one iota if my evaluation or projection about a player is wrong.  All I try to do is be objective with both positive and negatives.  I've said many times(and potentially well before you) that I think Fields is just as good.  Today hasn't changed my mind of that.  Players have bad games.  Trevor Lawrence has had some stinkers too(against teams not nearly as good as Indiana).

Nor do I really.  My faux affection for Fields is really just to troll the Generational nonsense spewed over and over again unjustly for Lawrence.  

Like I’ve said, I’d be happy to take either player but neither player is the savior.  They’re going to need a sh*t ton of help.   Its going to be a total culture shock to join this miserable team.  That’s why I’ve been advocating a bridge QB like Winston.  I don’t think either one of these guys can overcome how bad this team is and don’t want to set them up to fail long term.  

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Just putting it out there..

Justin Fields SUCKS. Just another overhyped Ohio St. QB that is CERTAIN to be another bust in the NFL. For me the choice is simple. I like Trevor Lawrence and would be OK with drafting him to put in a straight up competition with Sammy. I do NOT think TL is a can't miss, Peyton Manning type draft choice. I just think he's a good prospect. I would be possibly even more content with JD trading out of number 1,  accumulating picks, and taking Zach Wilson. In either scenario I think Sammy deserves another opportunity with an at least competent supporting cast. Jets management has committed football malpractice with Sammy and it isn't fair. 

If the Jets pass on either of Fields or Lawrence to take a guy you never heard of until 3 weeks ago who plays Roast Beef Tech every weekend, I will be despondent.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

See here is the difference.

The Jets have no oline, no weapons a shaky defense and the worst coach in the league, every game.

Ohio State and Clemosn for that matter have twice the talent of every other team they face and kill these lesser teams.

Now you and others say, only one game.  But one game in which they are facing a D giving them a game.

What is going to happen when fields or lawence are on a team with half the talent of the teams they are playing?

This is why Joe Burrow showed he was totally legit last year, LSU played a lot of good teams and kicked the spit out of them all.

Yeah but like it really is just one game.  Lol.   There is no trend.   And he’s still killing them, putting up gawdy stats.   If it was all bad, maybe I’d be concerned but he’s going to put up over at least 400 yards and at least 4 TDs when it’s all said and done. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yeah but like it really is just one game.  Lol.   There is no trend.   And he’s still killing them, putting up gawdy stats.   If it was all bad, maybe I’d be concerned but he’s going to put up over at least 400 yards and at least 4 TDs when it’s all said and done. 

He's got 263 yards passing and 2 TD/3 INTs. 

Stop it. 

And I want a QB not a running back. 

• Thumb Down 1

I haven't had a chance to watch Zach Wilson yet and still won't because I'm not going to watch BYU play an 0-3 North Alabama lol

I think Alabama/Kentucky will be the game I tune into come 4:00 in order to see Najee Harris (who I absolutely love and like even more than Travis Etienne) Najee reminds me of a mixture of Derrick Henry/Adrian Peterson in terms of violent style of physical rushing attack coming out. 

12 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If the Jets pass on either of Fields or Lawrence to take a guy you never heard of until 3 weeks ago who plays Roast Beef Tech every weekend, I will be despondent.

You're welcome to your opinion. I have a different opinion....

17 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Well, with how poorly Fields is playing RIGHT NOW,  you're definitely right on pace to be despondent. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Is that what are college game threads are now, just disgusting Fields trolls everywhere?  
These were some of the best threads we had till now.  Good gawd 

Kind of like how you trolled me during Trevor Lawrence thread's? 

Sorry but 3 INTs/4 sacks deserves criticism and if you can't handle it maybe you should remove your Fields avatar lol?

Sorry but you're the one who trolls and brings up "Heisman trophy's" as a way of trolling TL fans. 

You're the one who trolls TL fans by making up lies how Jameis Winston was a better prospect coming out than TL. 

Etc. 

But now you're playing victim after 3 INTs?

• Thumb Down 1