PYP2021 Game Thread

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

I was being sarcastic. He linked to it in the sign up thread. I don't understand why there is any confusion tbh.

He must've linked to it retroactively, because I don't remember ever seeing it in there. Unless I'm just blind and not reading his posts properly.

58 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Do gold course homes have those HOA’s? I literally sold a house because that crap. I hate rules. 

Some do for sure, I would never live on a golf course, personally.  I love golf but having all those dweebs in my backyard aint my style.

On 1/11/2021 at 6:43 PM, jvill 51 said:

I don’t hate 80’s reasoning either. Not sure how I feel about his explanation for why he waited to give that reasoning until other’s jumped on Stark’s train. I don’t see why the reason behind his vote would have made others attack him. In fact no one’s attacked him for it now, and I don’t think much changed between when he first cast the vote to when he offered his explanation, other than the fact that Stark’s train built up momentum. Plus, I feel like scum would be more worried about people jumping on their reasoning than town, and 80 was kind of ambivalent about being a D1 lynch earlier in the day. Doesn’t really track for me.

After reading 80's explanation again, it does read like he was being careful, which is completely out of meta for him. 80 is one of the most reckless players, especially on Day 1, regardless of his alignment. He's never afraid of being lynched. Don't think this is alignment indicative.

I'm not following Drums' train of thought in this sequence:

On 1/11/2021 at 3:55 PM, Drums said:

I would not really be against that but I want to keep the pressure on Stark for now. I can move there later if it makes more sense. 

^^Responding to Barry voting Gata.

On 1/11/2021 at 7:36 PM, Drums said:

I also thought that was a calculated move by 80. The bold hadn't occurred to me, I need to think now... 

unvote

^^Responding to Jvill talking about 80's late vote explanation on Stark. Thinks that was a calculated move by 80 (but isn't voting him) and needs to think about it so unvotes... Stark? The guy he wants to keep pressure on?

On 1/11/2021 at 7:47 PM, Drums said:

Vote Gata

She was the only one that jumped on the Stark train after 80s claim and did it as soon as we pointed it out to her. Something smells with that. 

^^Is quoting a post from Gata which came before his post in the beginning of this response where he stated he wants to keep pressure on Stark.

I don't, seems like he's conveniently jumping back from vote to vote.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

^^Responding to Jvill talking about 80's late vote explanation on Stark. Thinks that was a calculated move by 80 (but isn't voting him) and needs to think about it so unvotes... Stark? The guy he wants to keep pressure on?

^^Is quoting a post from Gata which came before his post in the beginning of this response where he stated he wants to keep pressure on Stark.

D1, trying to get a feel for the game. I voted Stark to get a competing train with 80 going to see if anything would happen. The only one that took the bait was Gata but I still wanted to see how Stark would defend, which came off neutral to me so I unvoted him and went back to reread the thread and went back to Gata. She is better as scum than she is as town so why the hell not?

4 minutes ago, Drums said:

D1, trying to get a feel for the game. I voted Stark to get a competing train with 80 going to see if anything would happen. The only one that took the bait was Gata but I still wanted to see how Stark would defend, which came off neutral to me so I unvoted him and went back to reread the thread and went back to Gata. She is better as scum than she is as town so why the hell not?

So you're voting me cause I'm playing well ? 

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Drums said:

Are you saying you're scum?

NO.

I'm saying based on your logic ... you say I'm better as scum 

and based on the fact you're voting me (because you believe I'm scum ) 

Therefore, I should be having a good game right?

3 hours ago, JiF said:

I'd vote 1 of the following 3; Kdels, Barry or Jville.

Kdels - for the gross late vote

Barry - for calling out the gross late vote but opening the day with a vote on Gata and then me.

jville - pushing conspiracies, we've seen what the leads to.

It’s a possible scenario, less likely once I got my math right I think but still a possibility. If talking that out before the jail keeper possibly tips his hand prematurely is a conspiracy, then pass me the tin foil hat I guess.

2 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yeah Drums unvote of Stark based on what I said about 80 only to not vote 80stood out to me as well. The run up on Stark in general was strange to me. Built momentum quickly and then 80s unprompted after the fact rationale once it pulled even, which GATA quickly jumped on. That train and the failed lynch at deadline are the two situations really sticking out to me thus far.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

In your defense, Nolder hasn't exactly done a good job of making this clear.

4 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

And I would've thought he'd put that in the opening post, too. I didn't even know this was supposed to be an open setup when we started playing, lol.

Omg EAD it was in the sign up thread lol.

• Haha 2