Senior Bowl News and Stuff

kdels62

Man Smith is just going out to cement himself. Teams love when guys show that degree of competitiveness.

I think he also knows that his frame is going to be a question - it’s super unusual for a top WR prospect to be as light as he’s listed. The only guys who have gone top 10 while being that light have a) been absolute speed demons and b) been massive busts - Tavon Austin and John Ross. Ross also set the combine 40 record, Austin was in an insanely weak draft, and neither went top five.

Smith’s degree of production - particularly against a stronger schedule than the average season - is also extremely unusual. So if he knows he’s going to shred the Senior Bowl - which I’m sure he does - makes sense to just keep ticking off boxes. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, kdels62 said:

This OL class is gonna be super interesting. I’m really interested in Dillon Radunz and Spencer Brown. Two small school guys with big traits. Brown in particular is a mammoth of a man. 

The depth in this year’s draft on the OL is excellent.

DJ thinks there’s going to be a ton of interior guys taken between rnds 2-3. A zillion I believe was his turn of phrase 

On 1/19/2021 at 5:31 AM, kdels62 said:

Kenny Yeboah is an interesting player.

Two guys to watch from that list: Hunter Long and Ben Mason.  Key aspects that are essential in the WCO and more specifically with Shanahan's style of the WCO is discipline, versatility and the ability to block.

Long may begin to rise up boards if he tests well at the combine but right now he is considered a possible day 2 pick/early day 3 pick.  He should be the 4th or 5th tight end off the board from what is considered a deep tight end class.  He would fit the offensive scheme well with his ability to line up everywhere and he is a good blocker.

Ben Mason could go in the 5th round or later.  He is a good receiving fullback with a propensity for blocking.  He opens up huge holes and has a nastiness to him that makes him an ideal lead blocker in the new Jets offense.

• Upvote 1

This edge class is interesting. Impossible to measure without raw stats so we’ll need that. Guys like Basham, Roche, Weaver, Jones, and especially Tarron Jackson can stake a claim at the senior bowl. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if we draft a guy like Marvin Wilson in the 4th or 5th round to add to the DT/NT rotation. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Basham at 281 worries me for an Edge.   Too much of a DT/DE tweener for my liking.  

He’s absolutely got to be a strong-side end and Saleh used a huge one in Armstead at 290 in SF. I can’t see Basham being a 10 sack guy and I think that means he falls short of first round expectations but he should be solid and not a bad piece if he slides to one of the 3’s due to lack of perceived pass rush upside. I think even 34 is too high though. Also think Franklin-Myers and Phillips are adequate to fill the Armstead position early. Desperately the twitchy guy on the other side.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Basham at 281 worries me for an Edge.   Too much of a DT/DE tweener for my liking.  

Depends on what he runs. He could probably run the strong side 5tech without a problem. Waiting for 40 times and stuff is unfortunately, everything for these EDGE guys.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Lith said:

I would guess he is working out to get his weight up and does not want his official measurements taken yet.

That’s my guess, I know they have been trying to put some weight on him, he’ll get measured at the pro day in March.  Still think he’ll come in at 185ish.  

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Lith said:

I would guess he is working out to get his weight up and does not want his official measurements taken yet.

Yeah. He had a longer season than almost everyone else so he's probably at his lowest weight all year. Let him bulk up and we'll see where he ends up.