Rumors of Texans thoughts on trading for Tua

2 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Is he? If they swapped places you might notice a difference in their performances.

Oh yea, Tua would have looked great here handing off to Gore & in 2nd & 9, 3rd & long all the time, lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Tua sucks, he's a maybe a little more appealing than Darnold because he's not a total disaster but he sucks.  Badly.  They'll regret passing on Herbert for him for a long time.

One of the worst thing to be as a QB is "limited". That's what he is. There's just things he can't do on a football field IMO. You can teach some QB's who have the physical talent other things that they don't have. Some learn and make it, some don't. But with guys like Tua, they are what they are. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

If I’m a GM I’d prefer Tua over Darnold and it ain’t close. Add in the differing contract situations and it’s a slam dunk no brainer.

I'll take the other side of that bet. I'd wager that if you took a poll of GM's throughout the league, they would prefer Sam by a wide margin.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

You just have to hope the Texans fall in love with a QB in this draft not named Lawrence. If that happens then they can sell it to their fan base that they got a guy who they think will be just as good as Watson at some point but on a rookie deal plus other draft picks to improve the roster. I don't see Darnold getting traded to the Texans. They'll want to draft a QB and start him. 

Imo Darnold is either going to the: Saints, Colts or Redskins in a trade

Just now, choon328 said:

Tua does not pass the eye test at all

When choosing between dumps, pick the one with less flies swarming around it. Also Tua has a much more favorable contract and doesn’t have 3 years of suck on his CV. It’s not even close.

9 hours ago, jgb said:

What’s your assessment of Darnold?

I think I’m over Darnold but we failed him. Lack of weapons, lack of coaching, lack of running game. Do not be surprised if Darnold goes to another franchise and plays significantly better. 

3 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I think I’m over Darnold but we failed him. Lack of weapons, lack of coaching, lack of running game. Do not be surprised if Darnold goes to another franchise and plays significantly better. 

Yeah, I hear you. He will probably play better but I’m not confident he will be a top-16 kind of QB. I see his ceiling as Andy Dalton at this point and if he achieves that considering what he’s done in 3 years, it will be a pretty amazing accomplishment.

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yeah, I hear you. He will probably play better but I’m not confident he will be a top-16 kind of QB. I see his ceiling as Andy Dalton at this point and if he achieves that considering what he’s done in 3 years, it will be a pretty amazing accomplishment.

He has shown multiple times that he’s capable of being special. He’s talented. He made plenty of head-scratching throws this year tho. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Ghost said:

He has shown multiple times that he’s capable of being special. He’s talented. He made plenty of head-scratching throws this year tho. 

Yeah I just don’t see it. He made some good throws but every starting QB can do that. Don’t see nearly enough good to counterbalance the bad. 

• Upvote 1