Let's look at something JD & Saleh might look at

Look the time for Sam Darnold is probably over, period.  That isn’t the issue to me.  

The question that has to be asked is what are JD & Saleh looking at when they review the Jets team at least on the offensive side of the ball?

Below aren’t Sam Clips, the review comes from the time when Sam was out so that is refreshing but they show why we can be better next year regardless of who is the QB.  I like this guys take. 

Also to me pay attention to the Mahomes comment in here, it is important  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 3

18 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Look the time for Sam Darnold is probably over, period.  That isn’t the issue to me.  

The question that has to be asked is what are JD & Saleh looking at when they review the Jets team at least on the offensive side of the ball?

Beliw aren’t Sam Clips, the review comes from the time when Sam was out so that is refreshing but they show why we can be better next year regardless of who is the QB.  I like this guys take. 

Thanks for depressing me CB!

Well no talent and no coaching at least leaves room for improvement. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I usually hate these videos, but that was really good. I like that his conclusion was that the talent level on the team was so bad that it was unfair for those dudes to be asked to go out and pretend to be starting caliber players.

And that because bad coaching on top of depth players being asked to be starters the players get blamed.  

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Gase was obviously bad, but—as the video points out—the underlying issue with the Jets is and will be Maccagnan until the roster is flipped. 

At some point this becomes JD's team.  He put out that garbage this year.  He made a lot of choices and most of them bad.

Now, I really, really hope he understood that he had to truly flip the roster and accepted last season as a throw away - and signed the crap he signed with full knowledge of what he was putting on the field.

I really have to believe that because the alternative is frightening.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

At some point this is becomes JD's team.  He put out that garbage this year.  He made a lot of choices and most of them bad.

Now, I really, really hope he understood that he had to truly flip the roster and accepted last season as a throw away - and signed the crap he signed with full knowledge of what he was putting on the field.

I really have to believe that because the alternative is frightening.

Douglas needs immediate starters from FA and this draft. Like a lot of them. Players who score touchdowns preferably. Another last place finish and patience will wear thin.

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I usually hate these videos, but that was really good. I like that his conclusion was that the talent level on the team was so bad that it was unfair for those dudes to be asked to go out and pretend to be starting caliber players.

That, and the coaching was in fact so bad that the whole league PLUS the guy in his dorm room realize cover 1 could shut down the entire Gase offense.

Not designed for receivers to be open. Yeesh.

Gore 2 yards... getting more than what was there? Yeesh.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Gase was obviously bad, but—as the video points out—the underlying issue with the Jets is and will be Maccagnan until the roster is flipped. 

1A 1B

I never understand why our fans treat blame like a zero sum game.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Beliw aren’t Sam Clips, the review comes from the time when Sam was out so that is refreshing but they show why we can be better next year regardless of who is the QB.  I like this guys take. 

Listening to this guy had me contemplate beating my dog! That voice is enough to make me jump out my bedroom window..... very annoying.

Sherlock Holmes Halloween GIF by PeacockTV
reminds me of this guy...... God rest his soul.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes, I agree.

Which is why I still feel like he's such an unknown at this point.  He did what he had to do - it was the right way to just suck it up and remove the Mac stench.

But he needs to deliver this year - this off-season will tell us a lot.  

The ability to do what everyone knew he should do, the power and security he has with the Jets to be allowed to follow through with the plan we all know should have been done years ago is telling 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

With all the deserved criticism that Macc receives.... Joe Douglas fielded a roster that legitimately had the potential to be only the 3rd team ever to go 0-16. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, peekskill68 said:

The disaster here is that we burned two years of Darnold's rookie deal fielding this dreck.  Even if he can be turned around, how can you take the gamble?  We're literally an expansion team at this stage...

you can take the gamble unless they got for a really good vet because like it or not, darnold has 3 seasons of nfl experience.  his coaching was bad so maybe he doesn't know as much as he should but whatever he has learned is that much more than what a rookie would have.  that counts for something.  the thing too is if the jets were picking somewhere in the 5-10 range would we even be discussing a top rookie prospect?  would douglas move up the spots needed to get wilson or fields?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

depressing video.  But it's the truth.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

depressing video.  But it's the truth.

Couple this with Gase not doing pre-snap motion, not permitting the QB to make adjustments at the OL and actually running the wrong schemes for the defenses being played, and it is absolutely amazing we won any games. :(  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1