Pro Day Results

maury77

Kansas
Notable prospects: RB Pooka Williams

• Williams measured 5-foot-8.5 inches, 175 lbs. with 30.70-inch arms. The running back posted a 31.5-inch vertical jump, 108-inch broad jump, 4.38 second 40-yard dash and 7.02 second three-cone drill. 

Northwestern
Notable prospects: OT Rashawn Slater, S JR Pace, CB Greg Newsome II, LB Paddy Fisher, DT Earnest Brown IV

• Slater measured 6-foot-4, 304 lbs. with 33-inch arms and reportedly clocked a 4.88 second 40-yard dash with a 1.68 second 10-yard split. He also put up 33 repetitions on the bench press, ran a 7.48 second three-cone drill.

Wisconsin-Whitewater
Notable prospects: OG Quinn Meinerz

CLEMSON

Jackson Carman 6047 317 DNT DNT DNT DNT DNT DNT DNT DNT
J.C. Chalk 6026 250 15 1.83/1.87 3.00/3.00 5.20/5.19 4.74 7.80 28'5 8'10
Adam Choice 5091 210 DNT 1.70/1.68 2.69/2.72 4.64/4.68 DNT DNT DNT DNT
Travis Etienne 5101 215 18 1.56/1.56 2.53/2.50 4.41/4.43 DNT DNT 33.5 10'8
Diondre Overton 6041 213 DNT 1.74/1.79 2.84/2.81 4.92/4.89 DNT DNT DNT DNT
Cornell Powell 6002 204 16 1.60/1.64 2.69/2.66 4.53/4.51 4.23 6.93 36.5 10'8
Amari Rodgers 5094 212 24/19 1.67/1.65 2.66/2.62 4.51/4.51 4.36 7.12 33 10'1

12 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Terrible numbers for Pooka

Etienne’s physical profile comes up closer to Zeke Elliot than Alvin Kamara. A mild red flag after a lackluster season (when compared to expectations)

Hard not to love what he could bring to the table, especially if you're breaking in a rookie.  An outlet guy who can take it the distance while being hard between the tackles runner is huge.  

I dont know man, after that BC game, I thought he was going to Heisman worthy and they he had the drop off but I thought performed well in the ACC Champ game and playoffs. 

13 hours ago, maury77 said:
  • Slater measured 6-foot-4, 304 lbs. with 33-inch arms and reportedly clocked a 4.88 second 40-yard dash with a 1.68 second 10-yard split. He also put up 33 repetitions on the bench press, ran a 7.48 second three-cone drill.

Whoa, that's 2 dudes who just made money.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Hard not to love what he could bring to the table, especially if you're breaking in a rookie.  An outlet guy who can take it the distance while being hard between the tackles runner is huge.  

I dont know man, after that BC game, I thought he was going to Heisman worthy and they he had the drop off but I thought performed well in the ACC Champ game and playoffs. 

I was so in love with Etienne after 2019. After 2020, I just feel like he’s gonna be good and that’s it. He’s not gonna be a game changer but he’s gonna give you steady, reliable production.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I was so in love with Etienne after 2019. After 2020, I just feel like he’s gonna be good and that’s it. He’s not gonna be a game changer but he’s gonna give you steady, reliable production.

I think so much of Etienne’s upside hinges on his development as a receiver. He’s not quite as crazy explosive as guys like Chris Johnson or Jamaal Charles and receiving is such an important way for guys to fit in today’s NFL and I think it’s good for longevity and less wear and tear on the touches too.

Also kind of think the reason that guys like Etienne and Harris get talked about as first round picks is they’re really outside that top tier of the class but backs in that range make more sense for legit contending teams that have a lot of pieces in place and those guys are just kind of the last piece of the puzzle.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Idk about that, with that type of speed which plays out to game speed, he's a good block/make a guy miss from a screen/slant to the house. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, derp said:

I think so much of Etienne’s upside hinges on his development as a receiver. He’s not quite as crazy explosive as guys like Chris Johnson or Jamaal Charles and receiving is such an important way for guys to fit in today’s NFL and I think it’s good for longevity and less wear and tear on the touches too.

Also kind of think the reason that guys like Etienne and Harris get talked about as first round picks is they’re really outside that top tier of the class but backs in that range make more sense for legit contending teams that have a lot of pieces in place and those guys are just kind of the last piece of the puzzle.

Another reason I think RBs are solid picks for contenders is that they usually can contribute immediately.  They may have a short shelf life, but most RBs come in as a rookie and can put up big numbers,  They don't need a year or two to develop like players at other positions. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, kdels62 said:

I think Etienne is borderline undervalued at this point as a natural runner and playmaker. That said, the offense at Clemson with TL and that passing game made life easy for him. Melvin Gordon comes to mind. He can make a good offense great and will keep LBs honest... but I don’t think he’s saving anyone or any team.  

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Lith said:

Another reason I think RBs are solid picks for contenders is that they usually can contribute immediately.  They may have a short shelf life, but most RBs come in as a rookie and can put up big numbers,  They don't need a year or two to develop like players at other positions. 

Yup, totally agree. It fits from that standpoint and fits because the rookie contract of the short shelf life meshes with the team contending. Jets could probably use the shorter but don’t mesh so much with the latter.

In a best case scenario there’s pressure to give the guy a new deal after the rookie contract because the team is good and he’s good but those deals don’t often work out.

All of this is not to mention the historical lack of investment in RB’s for Shananhan offenses.

11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I think Etienne is borderline undervalued at this point as a natural runner and playmaker. That said, the offense at Clemson with TL and that passing game made life easy for him. Melvin Gordon comes to mind. He can make a good offense great and will keep LBs honest... but I don’t think he’s saving anyone or any team.  

I think as a running back he’s gotta be a lot of special to be a first rounder. I think he’s some special not all the way there. Some teams at the end of round 1 should consider him and he’ll help those teams but we’re not one of those teams.

• Upvote 1

Cornell Powell looks interesting on Day 3.  Big, strong, fast.  Got productive at the end of the season.  He's an older prospect (24) but as a Round 5-7 pick, he could be worth a roll of the dice to upgrade the bottom of the WR depth chart.

• Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Cornell Powell looks interesting on Day 3.  Big, strong, fast.  Got productive at the end of the season.  He's an older prospect (24) but as a Round 5-7 pick, he could be worth a roll of the dice to upgrade the bottom of the WR depth chart.

Guy has the body of a TE. Just sayin........

• Upvote 1

Puts him at very average athletic profile. I couldn’t track down official measurements for him. He’s been listed at 6’3” 247.

Apparently, he pulled a hammy after his 40. The conspiracy theorist in me has him putting up a mediocre 40 time with only 3 cone and and other timed 40 left so his agent showed some gamemanship.

I really like Tre Brown

Kinda crazy that Etienne benched more than him.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

beat me to it.

Ive mentioned him before, but this year as he started coming on i thought he was the best route runner of all the clemson guys I saw.  I like him late and his numbers today showed up pretty good. 

I thought his 1v1 reps at the senior bowl were good as well. 

16 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Puts him at very average athletic profile. I couldn’t track down official measurements for him. He’s been listed at 6’3” 247.

Apparently, he pulled a hammy after his 40. The conspiracy theorist in me has him putting up a mediocre 40 time with only 3 cone and and other timed 40 left so his agent showed some gamemanship.

I really like Tre Brown

Kinda crazy that Etienne benched more than him.

I was listening to Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks talk about Perkins a couple nights ago, they were saying he needed a really good workout to show he possessed the athleticism to warrant being selected where he was currently being mocked.  Given his lack of length, those times he put up at his pro day aren’t going to help his cause very much.  

Also, Stevenson running in the 4.6’s isn’t great, even for his size.  I don’t think it hurts him a lot because he was already being thought of as mid round guy anyway, but the thoughts of another Dereck Henry seem to be a bit premature.  

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Stud centers are undervalued still imo.

People do not value them that high until you have trash ones for a few years.  (See the Jets since mangold)

If we do not get Linsley in FA I for sure want to draft one of the better ones in this draft.

This is correct and really odd when you think about it.  Bradburry and Frank Ragnow were first rounders, but Eric McCoy, Eljton Jenkins, and Cesar Ruiz all fell to the second round and look like good players (Ruiz struggled a little as a rookie).

I think that McGovern played fine for a new team with no offseason and terrible guard play next to him, but if we can get someone like Humphrey with our second round pick and slide mcgovern to guard (while also ensuring we nave an excellent backup center), that seems like a smart move to protect whoever is under center.   

JD could also wait a round and take Quin Meinerz who showed a lot of athleticism as his pro day or even Landon Dickerson who offers a lot of versatility but is coming off an injury.

• Upvote 1

Georgia is doing their thing now.

Ojulari is gonna make some 3-4 team happy. He’s a bulked up 249 so he’ll probably play at 240.

Stokes has speed and freakishly long arms. I think JD has to consider him at 34. Ojulari at a pro day 4.6 is not exceptional but it’s still good.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Georgia is doing their thing now.

Ojulari is gonna make some 3-4 team happy. He’s a bulked up 249 so he’ll probably play at 240.

Stokes has speed and freakishly long arms. I think JD has to consider him at 34. Ojulari at a pro day 4.6 is not exceptional but it’s still good.

I wish Ojulari would have run the 3 cone, that's a critical test for edge rushers. 

• Upvote 2