Pro Day Results

maury77

7 hours ago, Paradis said:

You can access some here--

https://www.hudl.com/profile/9568237/Nate-McCrary

his agent reached out to me with some workout drills tape but it's in a weird format. 

That's some rough video to watch but I come away unimpressed. He has some shiftiness but I never saw a spin move or a great jump cut and most of the time he ran to open space which doesn't cut it in the NFL. In that highlight video I believe he caught only 1 pass so that should be reason for concern. And last but not least, half of those games looks like he is playing against a HS team. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, RobR said:

That's some rough video to watch but I come away unimpressed. He has some shiftiness but I never saw a spin move or a great jump cut and most of the time he ran to open space which doesn't cut it in the NFL. In that highlight video I believe he caught only 1 pass so that should be reason for concern. And last but not least, half of those games looks like he is playing against a HS team. 

Your skepticism is noted. I see some of that mojo that hasn’t steered me wrong yet. 

you should really chime in on the backs this year. Like to hear your thoughts. 

13 hours ago, maury77 said:

I've gotten to the point on Twitter where I use Paradis's tweets as evidence on Dyami Brown. 2021 man .....

lol, that post with the break down of missed contested balls was damning.  I'm not as high on Brown as I was for sure.

19 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I like Elijah Moore as well. If we're not doing the QB thing, I just want Pitts + Rondale Moore to give us the best and deepest receiving group we've ever had filled with freak athletes. But if we don't go that route, I like Elijah Moore, Darden, and Demetric Felton as mid or late round guys.

Is 23 too early for Rondale?

17 hours ago, football guy said:

I'm in the minority, but I think he goes much higher than people expect. Could even go 3rd overall. 

I know there's some character stuff but it may be overblown. 

people I have talked to have said similar, they think he's far and away the best defensive player in this draft and say he's an all pro.  Ive heard legit top 5 talk from a few people

15 hours ago, Paradis said:

If i gave y'all the impression i hate Moore, then that's my bad. I have a habit of pushing back on players i think are getting too much unwarranted love, and that often comes across like I dislike the player. Ex. Hakeem Butler, I really didn't think he was a first round guy and got into with a lot of Butler lovers, but i still the liked the prospect. I'll say it if i mean it - ie. I hate JJAW.

I like Elijah but he is just a slot WR, and I thought he got bullied around at times. There's a lot of love this year for guys who (as far as I see it) Can't do much but play inside. Catching a slant uncovered and wiggling past a couple LBs and Safeties who'll never see an NFL workout isn't enough to win me over. Moore will get over drafted probably. Round 3 for those that love him. Round 4-5 for me.

Here's a guy I don't like. Dyami Brown. Wouldn't draft him. 

fair assessment, and yeah to me he's purely a slot guy.  little versatility with motioning him around and some orbit stuff, but he's pretty much going to stick in the slot.  Which to me is fine.  When I look at WR's I dont necessarily look at them to say "ok this guy is good inside or outside". Thats part of it, but really when I watch film, im purely looking at footwork, moves, seperation, route appex, break points, release moves, and ball catching ability.  When I looked at moores game film it was pretty good saw some nice things, but the practice film I saw where he was running routes that he didnt run in game.. That was more impressive to me than anything and why I like him more.  Again 3-4th round for me nothing crazy, but if you miss out on one moore you could take the other and still get a good player. 

• Sympathy 1

53 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

people I have talked to have said similar, they think he's far and away the best defensive player in this draft and say he's an all pro.  Ive heard legit top 5 talk from a few people

Yup. Miami is going to screw up everyone's mock drafts this year and I have a feeling it will be by selecting Parsons. We'll see. 

This is a weird year too because all the offensive talent is being overrated a bit. It's a weaker defensive class but I think Parsons, Surtain, Horn, Farley, and Oweh all could go in the top 10. It sounds cliche, but I really do think this draft is going to be unpredictable. We're going to see players that draftniks have in the 3rd-4th going in the 1st, and we're going to see players they have in the 1st going in the 3rd-4th. I think it's also much harder for teams to figure out what league consensuses are because scouts aren't allowed to acquire information the old fashioned way like they used to. I can just use myself as an example: I get the most info when I'm out drinking with people in the know... over text there's more resistance. 

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, football guy said:

Yup. Miami is going to screw up everyone's mock drafts this year and I have a feeling it will be by selecting Parsons. We'll see. 

This is a weird year too because all the offensive talent is being overrated a bit. It's a weaker defensive class but I think Parsons, Surtain, Horn, Farley, and Oweh all could go in the top 10. It sounds cliche, but I really do think this draft is going to be unpredictable. We're going to see players that draftniks have in the 3rd-4th going in the 1st, and we're going to see players they have in the 1st going in the 3rd-4th. I think it's also much harder for teams to figure out what league consensuses are because scouts aren't allowed to acquire information the old fashioned way like they used to. I can just use myself as an example: I get the most info when I'm out drinking with people in the know... over text there's more resistance. 

I think with just lack of eye level contact with these players, its going to be more on scouts watching film and their perception.  Film sometimes is misleading and there are kids I have loved on film and then seen in person where i was like meh.  So its going to be really interesting because we're going to really see whose front offices can do the best breakdowns and find the best value.  Especially in the later rounds.  I also think there will be more over drafting of certian guys early.  Teams saying "we Know we like this kid, just take him now because later in this draft I'm less certain about players". 

We'll see its going to be a really interesting draft this year for sure. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, football guy said:

Whatever GM selects Oweh in the top 10 should be fired, pro day results be damned. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, football guy said:

Man I hope they do, passing on the top offensive weapons and sewel or even a QB for a LB would be pure idiocy that would be based on totally recency bias of Tampa having a great LB and being successful.

Please by all means Miami take this guy.

12 hours ago, Paradis said:

Your skepticism is noted. I see some of that mojo that hasn’t steered me wrong yet. 

you should really chime in on the backs this year. Like to hear your thoughts. 

We were on the same page last year with Robinson but I just don't see it with this guy. I haven't watched many of the guys in this class but I really like what I saw from Stephenson, even with his poor forty time. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RobR said:

We were on the same page last year with Robinson but I just don't see it with this guy. I haven't watched many of the guys in this class but I really like what I saw from Stephenson, even with his poor forty time. 

He reminds of Jeff Wilson at North Texas. Didn't really get any traction with that one either when I tried. 

I am really not excited about any of the class this year; RB, WR, TE... they all have nice top shelf talents and then meh. Especially RB... after those top 5 or 6 - gross. Do not like Hill, Jefferson, Herbert, Hubbard, Hawkins... Even guys like Boyd who I was high on disappointed this year. 

It's Williams, Harris, Etienne, Gainwell, Carter, Stevenson.... and then cliff. McCrary is one of the only UDFA/late flier guys.

There were other pro days other than the QB. 

image.thumb.png.eb592a17f80adaf933953728883c01e0.png
Phil Savage went to see Virginia Tech instead of BYU. So they have interest in some one there. Darrisaw is a good tackle prospect and Farley isn’t running but is in attendance. I really like Divine Deablo who would be a stud dime backer/ WLB/ Safety. He’s a guy I try to get in mocks at around round 5.

Hey look it’s Divine Deablo again. I need him. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, football guy said:

Miami might still be able to get Parsons at 6, though I kinda see them going with Pitts or Chase for Tua. Or trade down the only thing off the board at that point other than QB might be OT

2 hours ago, jetsons said:

Nico, Ambry & Mason... guys I have linked to the Jets... see what happens in 40+ days.

I'm intrigued by Mason given that the Jets new offense is going to feature a FB, but I really don't know a lot about him as a player.