Quarantine Mafia - Game Thread (GAME OVER)

4 minutes ago, Nolder said:

I just don't understand how there can be so many players who still want Ape alive over anyone else.

It's tough because ape's voting record looks pretty good. Then you have bum and GS who look scummy AF but are noobs and it's hard to tell if they're playing up the noob card or if they're really just dumb as a rock. then there's the fact that noobs are typically easy targets and both ape & jvor are pushing them.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, CTM said:

reminds me of the mafia forum

lmfao - this is my Minzi.  She's the meanest dog in the world until she comes face to face with what she's barking at.  Then she's scared sh*tless but if there is a fence between them, look out, she will murder you!  Whereas, Jackson is my sweetheart but he will break bones.  He ripped a possum off the fence the other day, literally tossed it around like a rag doll, Minzi was scared to death even though she first saw it and started the growling.  lol

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It's tough because ape's voting record looks pretty good. Then you have bum and GS who look scummy AF but are noobs and it's hard to tell if they're playing up the noob card or if they're really just dumb as a rock. then there's the fact that noobs are typically easy targets and both ape & jvor are pushing them.

Well I'll tell you a bit of wisdom I learned from Ape which I still rely on. It's not 100% accurate but it's a good guideline. Scum know who is Town and are usually able to keep their hands clean if they want to. Townies don't know sh*t and so often say and do scummy things by mistake. So I often find myself more suspicious of people playing a clean game. This edges on Too Townie which is why it's a guideline. Obviously each game and situation is unique. Maybe Ape can expand on that if he wants since he's the guy I learned that from.

8 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Well I'll tell you a bit of wisdom I learned from Ape which I still rely on. It's not 100% accurate but it's a good guideline. Scum know who is Town and are usually able to keep their hands clean if they want to. Townies don't know sh*t and so often say and do scummy things by mistake. So I often find myself more suspicious of people playing a clean game. This edges on Too Townie which is why it's a guideline. Obviously each game and situation is unique. Maybe Ape can expand on that if he wants since he's the guy I learned that from.

isn't that just common sense?

• Post of the Week 1

48 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

hey hey hey....take it easy guy. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Game math for worst-case scenario:

Currently at 10 alive, 1-2 scum left.

Lynch GS as an example. Let's say we're wrong. Scum has to be either me, ape, jville, or bum. We're at 8 alive tomorrow with 2 people infected. Assumptions: barry dies tonight, verbal gets mason infected . One more person gets infected but doesn't die right away.

Next day phase: lynch ape

Say we're wrong there. Scum is either me, Jville, or Bum. Down to 7 people after lynch, 2 townies dies (verbal + townie), Down to 5 alive. 

Next day phase, 5 left, one new infected. If there's 2 scum left, then you all have a 66% chance to get it right at lylo. If there's just one left, lynch one, say Bum, and if we're wrong, down to 4 people. New infection dies overnight, down to 3. 

Last day, one person infected and it's down to 2 unclears and a 50-50 scenario for the clear townie.

ALL THIS includes Pac not being able to save anybody the whole time.

We have at least 2 mislynches to spare and then high probability at end-game to get it right.

2 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Lynch GS as an example. Let's say we're wrong. Scum has to be either me, ape, jville, or bum. We're at 8 alive tomorrow with 2 people infected. Assumptions: barry dies tonight, verbal gets mason infected . One more person gets infected but doesn't die right away.

Say we're wrong there. Scum is either me, Jville, or Bum. Down to 7 people after lynch, 2 townies dies (verbal + townie), Down to 5 alive. 

Next day phase, 5 left, one new infected. If there's 2 scum left, then you all have a 66% chance to get it right at lylo. If there's just one left, lynch one, say Bum, and if we're wrong, down to 4 people. New infection dies overnight, down to 3. 

Last day, one person infected and it's down to 2 unclears and a 50-50 scenario for the clear townie.

We have at least 2 mislynches to spare and then high probability at end-game to get it right.

:-)

we have almost the same post in our QT 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

:-)

we have almost the same post in our QT 

It's also easy for me, because at some point I'm shooting fish in a barrel and have the unenviable position of having to defend myself with making nothing but wrong decisions with a predecessor who voted once in the first 3 days. That's why I'm saying get me the heck out of here earlier rather than later if we swing and miss with this because there's not really a whole lot of defense I can reasonably give other than I'm trying to be a good townie with a spotty voting record.

9 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Someone saved me from dying. Idk who but I guess it would be Pac since he claimed.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

This is exactly why I was so easily swayed into voting Bum.  I think it’s him or Ape, and one of the reincarnated J players.  And I really don’t care who goes first.  We have the numbers to be wrong and still skate to an easy victory. 

15 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

This is exactly why I was so easily swayed into voting Bum.  I think it’s him or Ape, and one of the reincarnated J players.  And I really don’t care who goes first.  We have the numbers to be wrong and still skate to an easy victory. 

Great, we can't go wrong! Let's lynch GS!

vote GS

16 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

GFY

I call it sticking with the winners.

Everything in this sentence is correct, except the bolded.  

That’s a helluva conclusion from a single L2 vote on a guy that you yourself is/was leading the lynch for. 

This post is interesting. Every other time someone who wasn't confirmed town has sussed or voted you, you sussed or voted them back. Ape just gets a patty cake slap.

Why did you choose Bum over Ape?

2 hours ago, Nolder said:

That’s essentially it, yes.

Not sure how much I’d lean on it in a game that has been this lopsided, but it’s a strategy I cannot argue with - and a much better rationale for voting me than “derp, ape is diff-ah-runt”.

2 hours ago, Stark said:

isn't that just common sense?

You’d think so, but no. 

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

because I thought your vote was gross AF

Dude.  Do the math.  10 players.  Potentially/Probably 2 are scum.  

Pac: self-proclaimed God. 

JiF: cleared by Crusher1

Nolder: cleared by... Smash?

You: Mason with verbal

Verbal: Mason with you

----

Scum pile

Me (it's not me), Ape, JVOR, Jville, Bum

We need to start lynching from the scum pile.  It's okay if we get a mis-lynch because we still win in the end.  All of this delaying the inevitable is just holding up the game and making it draaaag.  You say my vote is "gross AF" but why would I hold firm on my (single) JVOR vote and stubbornly hold up the game when Bum is equally as likely to be scum?  JiF's cheer and Pac's gifs have been the most fun this game has seen in days.  It's a game.  I know you're dead man walking (RIP, by the way) but you've been a part of our inevitable victory let's get this across the line already. 

Just now, Greenseed4 said:

Dude.  Do the math.  10 players.  Potentially/Probably 2 are scum.  

Pac: self-proclaimed God. 

JiF: cleared by Crusher1

Nolder: cleared by... Smash?

You: Mason with verbal

Verbal: Mason with you

----

Scum pile

Me (it's not me), Ape, JVOR, Jville, Bum

We need to start lynching from the scum pile.  It's okay if we get a mis-lynch because we still win in the end.  All of this delaying the inevitable is just holding up the game and making it draaaag.  You say my vote is "gross AF" but why would I hold firm on my (single) JVOR vote and stubbornly hold up the game when Bum is equally as likely to be scum?  JiF's cheer and Pac's gifs have been the most fun this game has seen in days.  It's a game.  I know you're dead man walking (RIP, by the way) but you've been a part of our inevitable victory let's get this across the line already. 

OK then hammer the ape