JetNation 2021 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

6 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Smart pick by Cincy. With that oline and JB that team could be moving in the right direction. 
And fck Miami 

Agreed. Riley Reiff, Jonah Williams and Penei Sewell are a talented top 3 bunch of OL. Wherever they end up playing it’ll be good protection for Burrow. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Smart pick by Cincy. With that oline and JB that team could be moving in the right direction. 
And fck Miami 

I was leaning and craving for Chase but Burrows is just to important to their franchise and is coming back from a terrible injury. Just a no brainer as much as Wilson is to the Jets. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Wonderboy said:

I was leaning and craving for Chase but Burrows is just to important to their franchise and is coming back from a terrible injury. Just a no brainer as much as Wilson is to the Jets. 

As a group the oline is the most important thing on a team besides the quarterback. 

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

As a group the oline is the most important thing on a team besides the quarterback. 

Which makes me think JD may go T or G @ 23 rather than CB. Both are huge needs but Wilson must be protected at all costs.

2 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Which makes me think JD may go T or G @ 23 rather than CB. Both are huge needs but Wilson must be protected at all costs.

Call me nuts, I might go Creed Humphrey. Can play either C/G. Put him at one, McGovern at the other. Still get a good OT at 34.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Just now, section314 said:

Call me nuts, I might go Creed Humphrey. Can play either C/G. Put him at one, McGovern at the other. Still get a good OT at 34.

Leatherwood has been falling to 34 in every mock I’ve seen. He’d be nasty LG!

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, section314 said:

This is one guy, Humphrey, who I see ALL OVER THE place. Rd 1 Rd 2 Rd 3. Very strange for him to be mocked up down all around. But would love to grab a Center in this draft. Some good ones to be had. Dickerson, Humphrey, Myers, Hill, Menet. Still have McGovern for a couple years I believe and could sit behind him.  

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, section314 said:

Did you not read @Sperm Edwards recent post about grabbing 2 OL @ 23/34/66.   He'd be very upset about these rumors spreading on the board.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

LG, RG

EA971374-8FD8-441F-A3EB-D59B1D58B9F2.jpeg

I was reading he doesnt have that Nasty element as a RT.  

Alex Leatherwood Player Profile

Negatives: Must improve his overall strength at the point. Rarely finishes blocks. Does not always play with a nasty attitude.

Analysis: Leatherwood showed flashes of dominance in 2019, but I was disappointed he did not progress at the rate I thought possible last season. He’s a natural left tackle with the footwork and movement skills to be used in a zone-blocking system, but Leatherwood must get stronger and compete to finish blocks on every down.

Senior Bowl Performance

Alex Leatherwood was one of the higher-rated players at the 2021 Reese’s Senior Bowl. However, he wasn’t as consistent as his high billing demanded. Leatherwood had some good reps, courtesy of his overwhelming length and functional power. That said, he struggled to deal with quick rushers around the edge at times, and his one-on-one losses might have exposed a lack of elite raw power. Leatherwood’s power is more a product of his length, which serves as an effective conduit. That said, he can still get stronger.

Leatherwood is still a solid prospect with a relatively high range, but the Senior Bowl helped quantify his limitations, and strengthened the calls to move him to guard.

------------------------------

So if JD doesnt grab a OL @23 and he falls, he'd be a good pick. 

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Not much. Just a Heisman trophy and season ending injury since last I expressed this sentiment. Both of which has had zero effect on the general population’s preference 

I meant you disagreeing with me on a draft opinion even though my history is near spotless 

• Haha 2