Interesting interview with Steve Young on Zach Wilson with the Jets

Jetsbb

29 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

He got you too!  Man he's like the pro of trolls.  

No I listened before I saw his post.

I thought it was pretty harsh actually.

Basically saying the truth.  The Jets have been a sh*tty organization and a terrible place for QB's...but he has to hold to some semblance of hope that the people in charge now will do better.

He went as far as to say he had Wilson at his Golf outing and told Wilson - "It's your own fault" 

Like because he played so well, he's going to end up on the Jets.

That's about as harsh as a guy like Steve Young is going to get.  .   

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Basically saying the truth.  The Jets have been a sh*tty organization and a terrible place for QB's...but he has to hold to some semblance of hope that the people in charge now will do better.

He went as far as to say he had Wilson at his Golf outing and told Wilson - "It's your own fault" 

I get that but he also made the point, this [HOPEFULLY] isn't the same ole Jets.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Ehhh. He really likes the new coaching staff. I wouldn’t say he was harsh. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

He wasn't wrong about any of it though.

He’s getting clowned on a golf course by three former NFL QBs about going to the Jets and Steve Young has to allay Mike Wilson about going to the Jets by saying, “Well, at least Greg Knapp is there.” Gotta love it

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Took you weeks to come up with this one, didn't it.  Really...I mean REALLY funny.  

Geezuz.  

I was going to call him the 4th member of Hanson but I wanted to get a Rambo reference in there.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He’s getting clowned on a golf course by three former NFL QBs about going to the Jets and Steve Young has to allay Mike Wilson about going to the Jets by saying, “Well, at least Greg Knapp is there.” Gotta love it

This kid has no interest in coming to this team.  Should be interesting to see his face Thursday night.

While he already knows where he's going, I wonder if there's going to be a look of disappointment when it's official.

What's his face going to look like when he puts the Jets hat on on the stage?  Anyway - that's the only drama left at #2...

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

This kid has no interest in coming to this team.  Should be interesting to see his face Thursday night.

While he already knows where he's going, I wonder if there's going to be a look of disappointment when it's official.

What's his face going to look like when he puts the Jets hat on on the stage?  Anyway - that's the only drama left at #2...

Lol y’all are sensitive

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Lol y’all are sensitive

I'm honestly not sensitive about it.  I find it kind of comical.

But I've watched a bunch of interviews with him and Young talking about his parents.  It's just a sense I get, every time the Jets get brought up he cringes a bit.  

He's coming to the Jets, he's going to be a Jet and he'll get over it.....It's just a true curiosity to me to watch his face when it's official.  I'm sure he'll say all the right things...

What should be fun if they have him on camera when the Jets, the least talented offense in the league, take a CB at #23.  That will be an awesome reaction.

• Upvote 1

Listen, he could easily pull an Eli and get himself in the niners. He can just send a message to JD and say I’m sorry I can’t do it and JD would trade out. He’s a straight shooter. 

he isn’t doing that, because he sees that JD has changed the culture or is trying. The team sucked, but he signed a six year deal so he could get away with torching the team and building it with whatever foundation he got from the previous regimes. 

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

There better be a good sales pitch at old Florham waiting for this kid or it might get really uncomfortable pretty quick. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If he cries that'd be great.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

There better be a good sales pitch at old Florham waiting for this kid or it might get really uncomfortable pretty quick. 

No, it won’t.

point to me the rookie QB who didn’t like the “sales pitch” from his new team and decided to leave after the draft? 

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm honestly not sensitive about it.  I find it kind of comical.

But I've watched a bunch of interviews with him and Young talking about his parents.  It's just a sense I get, every time the Jets get brought up he cringes a bit.  

He's coming to the Jets, he's going to be a Jet and he'll get over it.....It's just a true curiosity to me to watch his face when it's official.  I'm sure he'll say all the right things...

What should be fun if they have him on camera when the Jets, the least talented offense in the league, take a CB at #23.  That will be an awesome reaction.

All those QB's can dream that they are going to an established, winning franchise. Screw them all with a large, spiky pineapple!! 

All franchises ebb and flow, and you can help right the ship or be part of it taking on more water. The worst you can screw up is you'll be holding a clipboard in four years and getting paid good money again for some other team. If that's the case, you may be fortunate and have a career like Fitzpatrick, McKown or even Geno S., and make enough money to never ever work a regular 9-5 job. 

1 minute ago, Tranquilo said:

No, it won’t.

point to me the rookie QB who didn’t like the “sales pitch” from his new team and decided to leave after the draft? 

I, too, feel like it will be great fun to have a suicidal effete quarterback on the roster who is counting backwards until his three years in Folsom are up. 

• Haha 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Which QB has gone to a bad team and floundered until he escaped said bad team? Hang on. Googling recent examples.

? You said he was going to demand a trade as soon as he gets drafted because of a bad sales pitch. Which QB has done this? 

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

We'll be fine. We've still some of those cupcakes we gave to Dont'a Hightower that time he came to visit. 

7631da9ea08b999bcb6037b17044b5b9.jpg

• Haha 2

Just now, Tranquilo said:

Oh now it’s uncomfortable, got it. Before it’s he’ll demand a trade and we get Justin Fields. Now it’s his comfortability. 

1. He should demand a trade.

2. If he doesn’t want to be a Jet, it will be uncomfortable, especially when/if he sucks early on

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

1. He should demand a trade.

2. If he doesn’t want to be a Jet, it will be uncomfortable, especially when/if he sucks early on

Most pro athletes don’t think this way. He will try his best, in part, because he wants a big second contract. Coming out as an entitled brat does nothing for him. Putting early pressure on him is ridiculous, he’s a rookie. You’re just pushing what you want to see. If he struggles early on, he will just be like most rookies. Nothing more. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Sam knew. The brown tie was a giveaway of where his affections lay.

If Zach wears a red tie, we'll know his heart lies in the Bay Area. But hey, crushing a kid's dream of going to Cleveland to now San Francisco is progress. We're trending up. 

sam-darnold-2018-draft-jetsjpg.jpg

• Haha 2