Rank-a-Bust (Sanchez v. Geno v. Darnold)

jgb

Rank-a-Bust  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you rank #1 (best) of the 3?

2. 2. Who do you rank #2 of the 3?

3. 3. Who do you rank #3 (worst) of the 3?

8 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Not close for me

Geno : massive failure of leadership

Darnold : never had a shot... could still be good

Sanchez :Played well at times

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

This thread feels like differentiating dog sh*t based on aroma lol

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

No. Just commenting on the empty self-hatred of your thread. I'm quite happy watching the train pass from the platform. Not quite sure why you get off on this sort of thing, but carry on. 

Do I pay the girl at the front desk on the way out?

How to Become a Psychologist (Career Path)

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, k-met57 said:

i mean listen who wouldnt ball out with braxton barrios, chris hogan, jamison crowder and frank gore...my bad you are right.

Imagine not seeing a mile wide middle ground between being the worst, or more generously, among the worst at your position, and balling out.

No one expected Sam Darnold to be a top 5 QB on last years team.  The fact that he wasn't top 30 is the issue.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, k-met57 said:

i am sorry we cant have a rational discussion if you think the chargers are in the universe of the jets with Hunter Henry, Austin Eckler, Mike Williams, Keenan Allen. you cant compare the two whatsoever...even with whatever qualifier you decide to attach to it. the answer to my question is, that QB doesnt exist.

Your final sentence is why you'll never have a rational discussion re: Sam Darnold.

You're living in a land of make believe where no one has ever had it worse or even similar than he has so that you don't have to consider a single comparison, and then taking the huge leap of logic that this means there's a strong likelihood that he is good.  In order for your perspective to make any sense, we'd need to see a very good QB frequently.  Because it's not like the Jets pass protection never held, and it's not like the WRs were never open, even if both happened less than average.  We have plenty of tape of him missing WRs, throwing with poor accuracy, and making terrible decisions in these circumstances.  The fact is, we have very little tape of Sam Darnold being very good, not since the Rose Bowl.

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is why the criticism over the James Morgan pick is so insane to me.  It makes no logical sense. 

Agreed, the pick made no logical sense. Opportunity cost is a real concept. Picking players who have no real chance of playing is stupid, regardless of the position they play. You would think someone who calls Hack the worst pick of all time would understand this concept.

1 minute ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Agreed, the pick made no logical sense. Opportunity cost is a real concept. Picking players who have no real chance of playing is stupid, regardless of the position they play. You would think someone who calls Hack the worst pick of all time would understand this concept.

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, jgb said:

I have to ask: if 40 career games of bad play didn’t convince you that Sam is no good, wouldn’t it be a little disingenuous to victory lap if Darnold has one good game against the Jets? For years Darnold supporters have said we need time to evaluate whether or not is a bust. I think that cuts both ways. That said, I know we live in the era of insta-takes and have already said many times that the told-you-shows will rain down every time Sam has a decent outing for the rest of his career.

It's not just the time that's disingenuous, it's all the other complaints.

If the Jets are so bad that no QB could possibly be anything but the worst in the league here, then how does it prove anything if you beat the Jets?  All you did was beat a historically bad team as per the evaluation and conclusion you've used to defend the former Jets QB.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, TeddEY said:

It's not just the time that's disingenuous, it's all the other complaints.

If the Jets are so bad that no QB could possibly be anything but the worst in the league here, then how does it prove anything if you beat the Jets?  All you did was beat a historically bad team as per the evaluation and conclusion you've used to defend the former Jets QB.

Agreed, doctor. I also laugh at the inherent contradiction that criticizing Darnold is self-hating Jets fan behavior but saying the entire team sucks and dragged Darnold the victim down is considered fair play.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, jgb said:

Agreed, doctor. I also laugh at the inherent contradiction that criticizing Darnold is self-hating Jets fan behavior but saying the entire team sucks and dragged Darnold the victim down is considered fair play.

Absolutely love that.  REAL FANS hate the whole team, the coaching staff, and the front office in service of the ginger yolo ball machine.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Absolutely love that.  REAL FANS hate the whole team, the coaching staff, and the front office in service of the ginger yolo ball machine.

I must be the Realest Real Jets Fan™. I think the offense is actually pretty good once you replace the weakest link (Darnold) with a QB at or above the Dalton-line.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, jgb said:

How do we know I am not a Franchise QB? Maybe I just have never been given the opportunity.

Without a top tier offensive line, julio jones, rob gronkowski and bo jackson, we still need to see what we have in EY!

I'm hoping to battle it out w/ you in training camp!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Without a top tier offensive line, julio jones, rob gronkowski and bo jackson, we still need to see what we have in EY!

I'm hoping to battle it out w/ you in training camp!

Don't need to review any tape to know we're both better than Hackenberg.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, jgb said:

This thread feels like differentiating dog sh*t based on aroma lol

jgb:  Creates thread asking fans to differentiate 3 sh*tty busts.

jgb a couple days later:  "Wow these QB's really sucked.  And people are really taking the time in comparing them???"

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Yes, we need another thread focusing on past failures and misfires. Some people are only happy retreading misery. Not a train I want to board...

4 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

No. Just commenting on the empty self-hatred of your thread. I'm quite happy watching the train pass from the platform. Not quite sure why you get off on this sort of thing, but carry on. 

Yes, because posting in the thread means you indeed let the train pass.  6 pages and counting, and you're contributing to its survival!  And yes, a complaint is a contribution.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I agree that opportunity cost is real.  I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with me about.  Is it the concept of taking a QB even when you have one that you are poking at?

If Hackenberg had been anything resembling a real franchise QB prospect, it would have made sense as a pick.  And obviously, Macc very much thought the guy would end up not only playing, but be "the guy".  But all available evidence said that Hackenberg was a 6th round prospect at best.  And to hammer home the point further, Maccagnan doubled down on him; it was an even worse sin passing on the QB's the following season than it was drafting Hackenberg in the first place.

Macc had no concept of opportunity cost.  And that was demonstrated the moment he took a Box Safety over a QB at 6, all because he still believed in Hackenberg.  

I'm always in favor of taking shots at QB's.  But they have to be educated shots, not shots in the dark.  Hence why the Geno Smith pick made sense but the Hackenberg one did not.  Both 2nd rounders, but one was a legit prospect and the other was not. 

It's also why I was fine with the James Morgan pick.  He was taken because of his big arm and upside.  Remember:  He was a 4th round pick, not a 2nd rounder.  He was taken with the expectation he'd be a project, not "the guy".  When you have zero QB's, why is that a bad pick?  And I will never believe Douglas took Morgan thinking he'd never play.  After all, even a QB2 has value.  QB2's see the field a lot.  Especially for this franchise.  

• Upvote 1

On 5/18/2021 at 7:44 AM, More Cowbell said:

And why would Sanchez be on a list of busts. Yeah he wasn't  a good QB but when you are the QB of a team that goes to the AFC championship  game in back to back years, you are not a bust. 

Sanchez is a bust, he was brought in to do more than get to a couple of championship games and then embarrass the franchise forever by running into a lineman's ass.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

jgb:  Creates thread asking fans to differentiate 3 sh*tty busts.

jgb a couple days later:  "Wow these QB's really sucked.  And people are really taking the time in comparing them???"

Image tagged in tv humor,humor,cartoons - Imgflip

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

How does one comment on the stupidity of a thread without posting in the thread? Create a new thread? lol

Commenting on how stupid a thread is isn't the same thing as "letting the train pass".  Every post you make in this dumb thread extends it at least one more post, and generates more replies!

But yes, I fully support your alternative plan of creating a new thread to complain about this one.  

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

• Haha 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Commenting on how stupid a thread is isn't the same thing as "letting the train pass".  Every post you make in this dumb thread extends it at least one more post, and generates more replies!

Slot Machine GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, because posting in the thread means you indeed let the train pass.  6 pages and counting, and you're contributing to its survival!  And yes, a complaint is a contribution.

missed my point. I wasn't commenting on the content of the thread, which is an idiotic waste of time. I was commenting on making the thread at all. And yes, I think I'm happy now to perpetuate this stupid thread. Just out of spite.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

missed my point. I wasn't commenting on the content of the thread, which is an idiotic waste of time. I was commenting on making the thread at all. And yes, I think I'm happy now to perpetuate this stupid thread. Just out of spite.

Fair enough.  But @jgb thinks it was worthwhile and we're all commenting like happy idiots, so who is the real judge of what is and is not a waste of time? 

I could easily argue any time spent on a message board can be seen as a waste of time.  But I also see the benefits, in that we're all one big dysfunctional community.  I haven't been to a Jets game since 2012 and barely watch any games any more, but I still come here for the lols.  

• Upvote 2

i went with darnold, sanchez, genot.  i just can't get the fact the jets overall were so much worse when he was qb. no receivers, no backs, no oline.  sanchez did what he should have with a good team and was money in the playoffs where it counts.  genot was just a punk azz idiot.

1 hour ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Love me, hate me, just please don't ignore me

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fair enough.  But @jgb thinks it was worthwhile and we're all commenting like happy idiots, so who is the real judge of what is and is not a waste of time? 

I could easily argue any time spent on a message board can be seen as a waste of time.  But I also see the benefits, in that we're all one big dysfunctional community.  I haven't been to a Jets game since 2012 and barely watch any games any more, but I still come here for the lols.  

You're too reasonable to argue with. Which means you don't qualify as dysfunctional.

• Haha 1

I’m not sure how you put a thread called “rank a bust” with Sanchez on it and not Pennington? I still can’t get over the infatuation with Pennington at all, pre or post injuries the guy had a cupcake arm and played like a downright pussy. It’s why everytime he faced a legit D he got completely gutted. I hate to break it to you guys, but maybe other than Favre and Testaverde Sanchez has been our best QB since Namath. No question. That’s not saying much for Sanchez but fact is it’s true.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

You're too reasonable to argue with. Which means you don't qualify as dysfunctional.

Guilty by association my man.  I'm most certainly dysfunctional simply in choosing the Jets as my team.  Meanwhile, those who are in the asylum are hardly qualified to determine who the healthy people are!

(Actually, that last part isn't true.  A study was done in I believe the 70s where people "faked" being mentally unwell and checked in at an asylum.  The people who spotted them as fakes were not doctors or orderlies, but rather other patients.)