Zach at the Islanders game

This has been a good series. Isles should really be up 3-1 now if they didn't blow Game 3.

I feel pretty good at 2-2. Bruins outplayed us game 1. We played our game last night and came away with the W. We split the two OT games. Bruins probably had the better of the play in the second game. First one was a toss up. Would have been great had they stolen both OT games.

But 2-2 is about right.
  • Upvote 3

Barzal has finally awoken. They are gonna be very hard to beat now.

Missed most of the last two games. My son and daughter-in-law moved this weekend and we were helping them out. They had no internet or cable yet, so I only caught bits and pieces of the games. But it sounds like the Isles played their game last night. Tight checking, defense first, limit opponent opportunities and frustrate them. And find just enough offense to win.

That formula carried them to the conference finals last year. Bruins are a tough out, and with Tampa likely in the next round, a lot of work still to be done.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Sympathy 1

53 minutes ago, Lith said:

They didn’t suck last night.

Hard to be so clueless that he says they suck because of a  loss in OT  

Shlt, I'm a die hard Ranger fan, Im not a fan that screams they suck, the teams still playing.  

The way the teams are matched just seems like a series destined to go the distance

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Lith said:

Missed most of the last two games. My son and daughter-in-law moved this weekend and we were helping them out. They had no internet or cable yet, so I only caught bits and pieces of the games. But it sounds like the Isles played their game last night. Tight checking, defense first, limit opponent opportunities and frustrate them. And find just enough offense to win.

That formula carried them to the conference finals last year. Bruins are a tough out, and with Tampa likely in the next round, a lot of work still to be done.

I am a Devils fan, had season tix from 87-88 til 2004. This Tampa team remind me so much of your great Islander teams from 80-85 and my Devils from the glory days....they can play any game you want. You want to skate, we'll skate. You want to play physical, we'll play physical.  Man, I just wish the Isles had Anders Lee......he is so good.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I am a Devils fan, had season tix from 87-88 til 2004. This Tampa team remind me so much of your great Islander teams from 80-85 and my Devils from the glory days....they can play any game you want. You want to skate, we'll skate. You want to play physical, we'll play physical.  Man, I just wish the Isles had Anders Lee......he is so good.

Yup. I was an Isles season tix holder from 83 (last year of the Cup run) until 90, when I went down to Georgia. It was so great to root for a team where you had supreme confidence that your team would get it done. Every big spot, they came through. Have not felt that way about any team I root for since the early 80s Isles and mid 80s Mets.

I miss that feeling.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup. I was an Isles season tix holder from 83 (last year of the Cup run) until 90, when I went down to Georgia. It was so great to root for a team where you had supreme confidence that your team would get it done. Every big spot, they came through. Have not felt that way about any team I root for since the early 80s Isles and mid 80s Mets.

I miss that feeling.

Me too. The thing that is mind boggling about those Islander teams is they won, what, 19 straight playoff series? Incredible.

32 minutes ago, section314 said:

But do they have a Clark Gilles to physically punish the other team the way the Isles did?  One of my fav goons!

• Sympathy 1

On 6/5/2021 at 7:38 AM, Jet Nut said:

Apparently we havent evolved from the apes in your eyes.  Assault is assault.  

What Geno did was wrong and IKs response was wrong. 

I dont agree that because its football its different.

Serious question.  Do you think throwing punches at practice is assault, and the police should be called? It's certainly way beyond the rules of the game.  How about hockey?

Vrentas/The Star-LedgerThe first fight of Jets training camp started with a tussling between Joe McKnight and D'Anton Lynn

Jets News

NY Jets: Tempers flare as ‘huge fight’ breaks out in practice

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Serious question.  Do you think throwing punches at practice is assault, and the police should be called? It's certainly way beyond the rules of the game.  How about hockey?

http://media.nj.com/jets_impact/photo/11398006-large.jpgVrentas/The Star-LedgerThe first fight of Jets training camp started with a tussling between Joe McKnight and D'Anton Lynn

Throwing punches at practice is like brothers fighting in the house.  Sucker punching a teammate square in the face is though.  Theres a distinct difference.  

Hockey fights, theyre part of the game, theyre accepted, different, much different

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

But do they have a Clark Gilles to physically punish the other team the way the Isles did?  One of my fav goons!

Never saw Gilles as a goon, more of an enforcer. He was the don’t go there guy protecting Line mates not the instigator.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, Bocajetfan said:

Never saw Gilles as a goon, more of an enforcer. He was the don’t go there guy protecting Line mates not the instigator.

agree. I used the term too loosely.  Enforcer is a perfect description.  I lived out in Nassau, then Suffolk county for several years right up to the drive for five.  Exciting times.  Watched them beat Gretsky 4-0.  Probably one of the things that made Gretsky great almost immediately thereafter in the playoffs for years and years was the Islanders sweeping him for the cup early on.  It would be fun to see them go far in these playoffs.  And everyone hates the Bruins. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/31/2021 at 1:00 AM, NYJ1 said:

Then WHY may I ask that everyone carried on this charade like somehow he wasn't the complete idiot I pointed out? When I called him out and Geno was a Jet, everyone would defend him tooth and nail like somehow what I said wasn't FAIR or called for. That guy was a f*cling scumbag.

It's hard to differentiate hoping for a player to succeed and realize that defending failure is actually the opposite of rooting for a team IMHO.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2021 at 9:56 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Dude. You can't be serious. 

You ever heard of the term of being a bigger man? 

IK was selfish (Geno was greedy). IK put himself over his teammates and over $600.00 assaulted everyone's starting QB. 

Tackling one another while playing the game of Football isn't the same as sucker punching someone before breaking their jaw. 

My neighbor down here in Florida (big Jaguars fan) has owed me $20 for two weeks now. Was supposed to pay me back two weeks ago. Borrowed him $20 so he could buy some groceries (told me his paycheck was short and he'd pay me back the next day). Still has not paid me back. Keeps telling me "next week". 

What am I supposed to do, knock on his door and physically assault him over owed money? 

No thank you. I rather my daughter not see me in the back of a police car while his children have to see their dad hurt and in physical pain; over money. 

Etc. 

IK was wrong. He sucker punched the man. Physically assaulted him and should've been charged with a felony.  

In life you can't go around beating people up all because you didn't get your little way and/or disagree with a situation less than ideal. 

Geno was wrong. But that's no excuse to physically hurt a man while sucker punching him and breaking his jaw. 

He needed $600 so bad? Go flip burgers for a week. 

IK didn't sucker punch Geno over "money". IK sucker punched him because as a violent man he wanted to show off and show everyone he's able to pound on a smaller man. 

Listen. You're not really wrong. NFL lockeroom is different than wherever you work.  Bunch of juiced up alphas. Geno didn't really leave him a choice if I understand the story correctly. I personally wouldn't feel ok with that level of disrespect either. Just say sorry and give him the $600 rather than try to show him up and in front of the rest of the team. Proportionally to what he makes its a meaningless amount of money and he should have just squashed it before it got there

Edit: You leant your friend $20 which for us is probably like $600 for Geno. I doubt you'd be ok if you asked about it a month later and got talked down to with a finger shoved in your face. Just say sorry and acknowledge it. Its not a big deal. The condescension is and he was supposed to be a leader. IK was some average JAG. Why I'm much more pissed at Geno

They literally assault each other on the field and destroy their bodies 16 Sundays a year for huge money and our entertainment. If violence bothers you stop watching football. It is different and I don't know how you'd react to somebody poking you in the face running his mouth, but was IK supposed to go run and tell the teacher? You might be Ghandi, but he would have sucked at football
This is BS. Football has no similarities to fighting at all. Football is about "controlled and disciplined aggression ". There's absolutely nothing controlled or disciplined about fighting with your teammate about chump change in a professional locker room. Geno is a f*cking scumbag and pays GD rodent. IK isn't far behind but I have a lot less of a problem with his actions than Geno......

Sent from my SM-G930VL using JetNation.com mobile app