Zach at the Islanders game

On 5/23/2021 at 11:33 AM, TeddEY said:

Touting and presenting are different things.  If you're going to say that the NBA is no longer a compelling product and the overwhelming majority of people are no longer interested, then I think large, and increasing digital engagement refutes that.

I don't know exactly how the NBA montetizes their social media engagement.  What I can tell you is that my 2-year-old son is sitting right next to me watching YouTube videos from a guy who calls himself "Blippi."  He's an atrocious performer, is only on YouTube, and basically runs around in different environments kids find interesting (play gyms, aquariums, fire houses, farms) wearing oranges glasses, orange suspenders, an orange bow tie, and a blue and orange hat, dancing and playing with toys or construction equipment or whatever.

He has an estimated net worth of twenty million dollars.

Never heard of this character in my entire life, and this is now the third reference I've seen of him today alone. Crazy. I might have to look into him for entertainment on Wednesday as we will be attempting the infamous 2 under 2 flight. 

16 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Right I forgot, Darnold made the Pro bowl jets oline just look bad.  He also made the Wrs, RBs and Adam Gase look poor as well.

At least we do not have to worry about that anymore.

Darnold's gone but the same 2 or 3 posters can't help themselves. It's as it was for Adams and Macc. So unfortunately, we do still have that to worry about. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Compared to the 90s all TV (with the exception of the NFL) is down.

There are just more options.

I mean the NBA though is down significantly. Also considering the amount of money dumped into it marketing wise ita pretty astonishing how  not many are really watching. 

34 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Never heard of this character in my entire life, and this is now the third reference I've seen of him today alone. Crazy. I might have to look into him for entertainment on Wednesday as we will be attempting the infamous 2 under 2 flight. 

You have so much to learn about.

It'll make you want to shout.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Fun fact - Prior to becoming "Blippi" this kid tried to be more of a shock comedy YouTube bro performing as Steezy Grossman, like a new age Johnny Knoxville. One of his claims to "fame" was a video of him taking a sh*t on one of his sleeping friends! Quite the 180 in content.

29 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

What is that goalie thinking!  Wow

I think he was thinking about a stretch pass into the neutral zone to try to help the Pens beat the islanders back up ice, but in OT, series tied, he needs to make the safe play to the dman to his left along the boards.  He hesitated looking for the big play and got himself in trouble.  Bad for the Pens, but good for the isles and everybody who hates Sidney Crosby.

14 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I hope you are serious, because bim going to sound like a doofus if not, but it's easily the best kids show I've ever come across.  Makes me laugh pretty regularly. 

You are a Jet fan -- most of the country already thinks you are a doofus for that alone.  But with a 7 month old grandson, I am guessing this Bluey is someone/something I may need to get to know sooner rather than later.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Lith said:

I think he was thinking about a stretch pass into the neutral zone to try to help the Pens beat the islanders back up ice, but in OT, series tied, he needs to make the safe play to the dman to his left along the boards.  He hesitated looking for the big play and got himself in trouble.  Bad for the Pens, but good for the isles and everybody who hates Sidney Crosby.

You are a Jet fan -- most of the country already thinks you are a doofus for that alone.  But with a 7 month old grandson, I am guessing this Bluey is someone/something I may need to get to know sooner rather than later.

My cousin is a huge Pens fan and he is done with Jarry. He is still hopeful about the Pens, but he's realizing quick the Jarry has been a liability this series 

And Lith, I can imagine you will get familiar with a lot of these shows soon!  Or you could be like my boys grandpa (my dad) and make them watch Andy Griffith when they come over ??

28 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I hope you are serious, because bim going to sound like a doofus if not, but it's easily the best kids show I've ever come across.  Makes me laugh pretty regularly. 

Now I'll look into him. Blippi was a major letdown for me. Watched a few minutes of one of his episodes and was entirely unimpressed and disinterested. Knowing my almost 2 year old, he'll probably fare the same. 

• Upvote 1

No islanders talk going on. My other loser franchise. Trying to invite Sorokin as my +1 to a Hindu wedding ceremony im in a month from now, but I don't speak Russian and afraid he won't like me.

Let's F'n go! Not looking to let Boston wim anything ever 

Don't yell at me Max. I checked the other sports thing before looking this up on the main forum. Im just excited 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

No islanders talk going on. My other loser franchise. Trying to invite Sorokin as my +1 to a Hindu wedding ceremony im in a month from now, but I don't speak Russian and afraid he won't like me.

Let's F'n go! Not looking to let Boston wim anything ever 

Don't yell at me Max. I checked the other sports thing before looking this up on the main forum. Im just excited 

Hopefully he willl still be playing.

He has been great, but at some point, the other 18 guys need to help him out a bit.  We can't keep playing 75% of the game defending in our own end.  What happened to the tight defense, limited chances that have been typical of Trotz Isles.  Gotta get back to playing our game, this 3rd period would be a nice time to start.

Lets Go Islanders!!!

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Hopefully he willl still be playing.

He has been great, but at some point, the other 18 guys need to help him out a bit.  We can't keep playing 75% of the game defending in our own end.  What happened to the tight defense, limited chances that have been typical of Trotz Isles.  Gotta get back to playing our game, this 3rd period would be a nice time to start.

Lets Go Islanders!!!

yeah it was a tough game tonight. too many turnovers. 

As a kid I loved the NY Rangers (MSG/Knicks) during the 90's with Brian Leetch, Adam Graves, Mike Richter (G) and the greatest hockey player of All-Time; MARK MESSIER and then in the mid 90's heading into the 2000's having Wayne Gretzky was a lot of excitement for NYC. 

Ever since those days my hockey interest has died however when the Rangers are in the PLAYOFFS I love to watch again. 

With that said, I don't see any team being able to eliminate the Tampa Bay Lightning I think those kids are an NHL dynasty within the makings. 

I'm hoping for the Islanders to win it all; for all of you NYI fans. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

As a kid I loved the NY Rangers (MSG/Knicks) during the 90's with Brian Leetch, Adam Graves, Mike Richter (G) and the greatest hockey player of All-Time; MARK MESSIER and then in the mid 90's heading into the 2000's having Wayne Gretzky was a lot of excitement for NYC. 

Ever since those days my hockey interest has died however when the Rangers are in the PLAYOFFS I love to watch again. 

With that said, I don't see any team being able to eliminate the Tampa Bay Lightning I think those kids are an NHL dynasty within the makings. 

I don't think we can beat Tampa either. Im not giving up on beating Boston. We're better on defense and goal(looking at your name) rest of the team sucks

Edit: I wasn't sure till tonight on goal but Sorokin looked better than Rask

1 minute ago, SayNoToDMC said:

I don't think we can beat Tampa either. Im not giving up on beating Boston. We're better on defense and goal(looking at your name) rest of the team sucks 

Both my Knicks and your Islanders are in trouble. 

Hoping things turn around for NYC sports during this postseason ?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Knicks day game tomorrow. Im with you. This memorial day weekend sucks with the weather. All I got is these games 

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Randle has to get his head out of his ass. 

Isles/Bruins goes 7 games.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 5/24/2021 at 11:17 AM, JetFreak89 said:

Fun fact - Prior to becoming "Blippi" this kid tried to be more of a shock comedy YouTube bro performing as Steezy Grossman, like a new age Johnny Knoxville. One of his claims to "fame" was a video of him taking a sh*t on one of his sleeping friends! Quite the 180 in content.

My kids are teens now, but cant imagine Blippi is any worse than the crap I had to sit through on repeat with them...Teletubbies, The Wiggles, and Barney are seared into my brain forever

7 hours ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Edit: I wasn't sure till tonight on goal but Sorokin looked better than Rask

Rask wasn't tested nearly as much, but I don't thik Sorokin looked that good last night.  He was hving trouble seeing the puck and did not control rebounds well.  I didn't think he was at the same level he played against Pitt, and the way the team is going right now, we need a goalie to carry us.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Those were some of my favorite years of hockey.  I worked on 50th and Broadway, had a parking lot in  the building, drove to work, brought a change of clothes and walked to the Garden with a buddy, ate dinner, watched the games and reversed our way back home.  Had Ranger seasons and of course the Jets too.  I loved it, especially in 94!

• Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Thing is with the Knicks, I dont care.  This has been such a surprise of a season and such an enjoyable team to watch after the crap we've had to deal with that this is just icing on the cake.

Plus even if they win, they're not gettin past the next round, not going to contend for a championship so I'm fine with this season 

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Thing is with the Knicks, I dont care.  This has been such a surprise of a season and such an enjoyable team to watch after the crap we've had to deal with that this is just icing on the cake.

Plus even if they win, they're not gettin past the next round, not going to contend for a championship so I'm fine with this season 

I agree with the first paragraph; we're playing with House money and has already been a memorable season I'll never forget. 

I disagree with the 2nd paragraph. We can absolutely eliminate Philly because we have the big men in Mitchell Robinson (he'd be back for 2nd round), Julius Randle, Nerlens Noel and Taj Gibson that'll give Joel Embiid FITS!