Is the Ape dead yet? Season 1 - Ape not dead yet

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Not sure if I’m struggling with Spoots post or Arsis’ response. Name  3 reasons on page 2 or 3? @Spoot-Face, I’ll settle for one reason why you honestly thought Arsis was scum. 

That wasn't a scum reads list.

It was a list of low-activity people.

You would've already known this had you read the thread.

On 6/29/2021 at 10:12 PM, Spoot-Face said:

Keep in mind that wasn't a scum list. That was a list of people who haven't been posting much.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Meh.  This game has bored me so far.  Last game I was a Lie Detector (though that role never played a factor thanks to JiF), so of course I wanted to push the action.  Spoot has done just fine being the one to push this game out of the joke phase.  

Last game I was parity cop, my first PR ever.... and I got super defensive when Crusher accused me because I really wanted to flex my super Town powers.  Yours and Crusher's result(s) came back "snowflake"... just FYI.  

14 hours ago, The Crusher said:

No one person  is standing out. Greenseed is really quiet. JiF is doing his reluctance thing he dies after a good game. Saw a post by Arsis I thought was out of character. 80 is not doing as much as he typically does. 

Last day of Q2 is scrambling for real life deadlines, no time to read through the D1 finger-pointing of monkey mafia. 

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So the case on Drums was essentially 2 posts, no?  His vote on me and then his piggy-backing on the "Ape is obsessed with Spoot" case?  

Good enough for me unless something else stands out, or we really want to avoid the not-lynching-the-mod rule.  I got lynched D1 after modding a prior game before so whatevs.

unvote vote Drums

Drums is annoying AF when town, so this makes sense to me.  But I'll wait to hear his explanation before voting him. 

2 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

GS is definitely quiet but he said he would be, waiting to see if he picks it up. JiF we’ll see when he decides to grace us with his presence. Which Arsis post caught your eye? And 80 seems content to sit back this game after pushing the action along with you last game. I could go there but as of right now I still like Drums a whole lot better. @Drums change my mind?

I was quiet for work related reasons at the quarter crunch, for sure.  But also, I learned in the last game that interacting TOO much provides an easy path to invite suspicion, see: Spoot in this game.  I'm not yet confident in my ability to rebound from stupid posts yet I'm really good at saying stupid things.  So I'm going to try a quieter approach to my game play.  It seemed to work well for non-participants in the last game. 

Early reads: 

I didn't like the Spoot train and if anything, Ape leading it with his reasoning didn't jive with me.  It made me more suspicious of Ape if anything, but then Spoot's jump to Arsis kinda pinged for me and justified it... so WTF do I know?

GS: town 

Crusher, Jville, 80: seem townish

JiF, Spoot, Barry:  ???

Drums, Ape, Arsis: leaning scummy for me but I can't put my finger on anything specific.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

That wasn't a scum reads list.

It was a list of low-activity people.

You would've already known this had you read the thread.

You are allergic to actual content besides meta bs and deflections. Do you have a post restriction that prevents you from answering a question?

Unvote vote spoot

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Last game I was parity cop, my first PR ever.... and I got super defensive when Crusher accused me because I really wanted to flex my super Town powers.  Yours and Crusher's result(s) came back "snowflake"... just FYI.  

Last day of Q2 is scrambling for real life deadlines, no time to read through the D1 finger-pointing of monkey mafia. 

Drums is annoying AF when town, so this makes sense to me.  But I'll wait to hear his explanation before voting him. 

I was quiet for work related reasons at the quarter crunch, for sure.  But also, I learned in the last game that interacting TOO much provides an easy path to invite suspicion, see: Spoot in this game.  I'm not yet confident in my ability to rebound from stupid posts yet I'm really good at saying stupid things.  So I'm going to try a quieter approach to my game play.  It seemed to work well for non-participants in the last game. 

Early reads: 

I didn't like the Spoot train and if anything, Ape leading it with his reasoning didn't jive with me.  It made me more suspicious of Ape if anything, but then Spoot's jump to Arsis kinda pinged for me and justified it... so WTF do I know?

GS: town 

Crusher, Jville, 80: seem townish

JiF, Spoot, Barry:  ???

Drums, Ape, Arsis: leaning scummy for me but I can't put my finger on anything specific.

aside from copious amount of sh1tposting, can you explain how 80 ended up in your town bucket?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Arsis said:

You are allergic to actual content besides meta bs and deflections. Do you have a post restriction that prevents you from answering a question?

Unvote vote spoot

Damn, not sure I’ve ever seen Arsis play this heavy handed. Hawt! 

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Ape  posted first in response to Spoots parody sing swing and complete miss. He posted quite a few times pushing spot and I don’t see a problem with Drums post. Ape was pretty much obsessing. 

Again with the obsessing?

Obsessed is what CTM and Smash are with me. Deep into games and they cannot see anything other than APE IS SCUM.

What you're pointing out here is me railing on spoot, to see what kind of action it gets. Anyone framing it as "obsessing" is working too hard to form or see a narrative. Simple as that.

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

The way Arsis keeps harping on some inane question that I've already answered is starting to feel more like stubborn dipsh*t townie, rather than scum.

unvote

vote Drums

Notice though... nobody is saying that Arsis is obsessing, are they?

Not lost on me, bud.

Unofficial Votecount
Spoot - Crusher, JiF, Arsis (3)
Drums - Barry, jvill, 80, Spoot, Ape (5)
Ape - Drums (1)
Not Voting: Greenseed
With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Drums is at L-1!

DEADLINE: FRIDAY 6/30 4AM NST/7AM EST

45 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

aside from copious amount of sh1tposting, can you explain how 80 ended up in your town bucket?

correction: townish

He's posting calmly and collected, which actually maybe means he is scum.  I put him in an early pile because he's done nothing suspicious yet.  But as @Integrity28 has pointed out, lists on D1 are pretty meaningless in a logic game without lynches or NAs. 

7 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

correction: townish

He's posting calmly and collected, which actually maybe means he is scum.  I put him in an early pile because he's done nothing suspicious yet.  But as @Integrity28 has pointed out, lists on D1 are pretty meaningless in a logic game without lynches or NAs. 

If you think lists are useless why provide one in the first place? I disagree that they are - it can be useful to have a record of where people stood in various phases of the game.

54 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Again with the obsessing?

Obsessed is what CTM and Smash are with me. Deep into games and they cannot see anything other than APE IS SCUM.

What you're pointing out here is me railing on spoot, to see what kind of action it gets. Anyone framing it as "obsessing" is working too hard to form or see a narrative. Simple as that.

Neither of them are playing. But we should set up a system where each player ask you first before choosing a word describing your play. 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If you think lists are useless why provide one in the first place? I disagree that they are - it can be useful to have a record of where people stood in various phases of the game.

Did I say they’re useless?

7 pages, dickhole.

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Early buckets, man. 

Reinforcing that 80 being in a townish pile isn't gospel, just that it's my early impression based on his game play.  I'd like to point out that I'm actually getting better at my lists, and that this one only listed actual players.  Waiting on @Drums to defend his L1.