So what are the boards rules on Covid stuff this season?

No go zone or what?

The league is testing vaccinated players and personnel, so it’s going to be a factor, and potentially even more of a factor than last year because the restrictions have basically been lifted outside of NFL premises. I feel like it’s likely more games get cancelled this season than last.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

Is there a way to allow covid threads on the main forum and ban individual posters from threads who break the politics rule? Because this is getting serious again. Frank Reich just tested positive and is going into quarantine. DeAndre Hopkins and others are pissed about possible vaccine mandates. It’s the biggest story in the league by a wide margin and I’m sure the Jets will be affected at some point, even if it involves one of our opponents or division rivals.

Well unfortunately somehow vaccines which have saved billions of lives is now a political issue so unfortunately I see no place for these discussions here as people will insist on making their political beliefs known...the NFL policy should be the only thing that matters or if it affects the Jets and then only in how it affects football.

• Upvote 6
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 2

Just now, johnnysd said:

Well unfortunately somehow vaccines which have saved billions of lives is now a political issue so unfortunately I see no place for these discussions here as people will insist on making their political beliefs known...the NFL policy should be the only thing that matters or if it affects the Jets and then only in how it affects football.

I have no problem with your statement, but people can absolutely argue what you said was political.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Some issues just fall under the category of political.   It’s inevitable when talking COVID.  It’s all in interpretation.  So just ban the topic altogether, if people get into a hissy fit over speech

Vaccines should not be political. But it is what it is with the voices from the extremes on both sides drowning out the vast majority somewhere in the middle.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 2

Apparently the climate is still too hot for people to have conversations like grown men about what’s going on in the world without catching a hissy fit or bringing politics into the matter. 

It’s gonna be tough because it seems it’s gonna be a major issue again this coming season. Regardless of how the players feel or what they decide to do I just hope no games get cancelled or teams have to forfeit 

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I think with Reich testing positive while having the vaccine sets this year up to be complex at best. 

The NFL is testing you whether you’re vaccinated or not and treating a positive test whether asymptomatic or not as the same. The restrictions have been lifted…it’s just setting up to be a nightmare.

Perhaps the Jets can implement their own restrictions for players and coaches to avoid positive tests.

When we lose our 1st game because of testing protocol this place is going to shut down. 

And honestly? I wouldn't enjoy being the team who gets a free win because of it. 

Unfortunately it's impossible to not talk COVID-19 without Politics (just watch the news stations for example).

I will say this though. If the vaccines truly work? Then people who are vaccinated should just STFU about those who wish to not put anything into our bloodstream and bodies that we're skeptical of especially with all this talk of population control from the likes of the elites or the "chip" mentioned within the bible. 

So yeah if the vaccines work? Then be happy and for those who wish to die without it? That's our freedoms of rights. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 7

3 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Is there a way to allow covid threads on the main forum and ban individual posters from threads who break the politics rule? Because this is getting serious again. Frank Reich just tested positive and is going into quarantine. DeAndre Hopkins and others are pissed about possible vaccine mandates. It’s the biggest story in the league by a wide margin and I’m sure the Jets will be affected at some point, even if it involves one of our opponents or division rivals.

This one’s still up, but who really thinks that’s gonna last? We don’t have many rules here and we’re very clear on them and yet people constantly need to make their political opinions known here. The real shame is that the disease has been politicized at all because, if it hadn’t, the country would probably have high enough levels of vaccination for it not to be the issue it’s probably going to be. 

4 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

When we lose our 1st game because of testing protocol this place is going to shut down. 

And honestly? I wouldn't enjoy being the team who gets a free win because of it. 

Unfortunately it's impossible to not talk COVID-19 without Politics (just watch the news stations for example).

100 % agree.  It’s impossible 

And until we accept as a society  that infections are going to be a fact of life, we will never move on from this thing. Deaths > infections 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

People are stupid. Reich is asymptomatic because he’s vaccinated. And yet the anti-vax crowd will point to him getting “sick” and claim the vaccine does nothing, while others who don’t get vaccinated are still dying.

image.gif.b4a9bf32fc4818ad08dfcfc627ae6d67.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

16 minutes ago, slats said:

This community has repeatedly shown that it’s incapable of discussing the subject without quickly devolving into politics. This thread and probably every one that follows will eventually end up either locked or moved off the main board to the clubs. 

Is it this, Or do the Mods just shut down discussion depending on which way they lean? Genuinely curious? 

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

People are stupid. Reich is asymptomatic because he’s vaccinated. And yet the anti-vax crowd will point to him getting “sick” and claim the vaccine does nothing, while others who don’t get vaccinated are still dying.

image.gif.b4a9bf32fc4818ad08dfcfc627ae6d67.gif

Right. But how the NFL handles asymptomatic positives is what’s going to make this season trickier than last. A lot of gray area now and the NFL seems to be doing the seat of their pants thing.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, DetroitRed said:

100 % agree.  It’s impossible 

And until we accept that infections are going to be a fact of life, we will never move on from this thing. Deaths > infections 

I just don't see what the big deal about these vaccinations are all about? 

If it truly and 100% works? Than those vaccinated people have zero right to be "fearful" of the unvaccinated people. 

I just think the whole situation stinks because just last year I was working around my co-workers as a people person but not anybody. Covid had forced us to work from home and no American ever wished for this virus to cause havoc on our Country.

But to expect scared people to want to become experimented on with a vaccine that's just been created not even 1 year ago let alone 5 years ago with 0.00% proof of long-term side effects? And expect people like myself type 2 Diabetic who can't even fight off sugar? Um. No thnx. I rather just take my chances without it.

(like I've done for 1 year now and have been perfectly fine and have not killed anyone around me without it).

Just my thoughts man because if this vaccination truly works? Then vaccinated people have no right to question or judge the unvaccinated people who wish to die without it (because they're "protected from us right)?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 3

2 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Everybody has a bias.  Period 

Sure, If the mods sre shutting down threads just based on differing opinions tho seems a little ridiculous. I think for the most part we just all wanna shoot the sh*t about football but I mean this is supposed to be an open forum after all. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, slats said:

This one’s still up, but who really thinks that’s gonna last? We don’t have many rules here and we’re very clear on them and yet people constantly need to make their political opinions known here. The real shame is that the disease has been politicized at all because, if it hadn’t, the country would probably have high enough levels of vaccination for it not to be the issue it’s probably going to be. 

How will the league handle a vaccinated player who tests positive but is asymptomatic?

that’s going to be part of the season this year it seems so it’s going to be unavoidable.

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

There’s no way you can track that.

well my child's school can.  She was sent home because one of the kids in her class tested positive.  Come to find out, only the kids that sat close to her in class we sent home. the rest of the class carried on.  Oh and my daughter that shares a bedroom and bathroom was still able to go to school... makes perfect sense.  My son just got home from camp saturday and one of his friends(at the same camp) just tested positive sunday.  we shall see.

all in all, if you are vaccinated you should not have serious issues, not to say you wont get it.  at least that is what I am told.

22 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I can just as easily say people aren't against vaccines they are against vaccines that haven't gone through trials while pharma companies are exempt from litigation....and around we go.   Everyone thinks they are the righteous party which is why the whole topic should be shelved.  And btw your comment is most likely political. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2

4 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

well my child's school can.  She was sent home because one of the kids in her class tested positive.  Come to find out, only the kids that sat close to her in class we sent home. the rest of the class carried on.  Oh and my daughter that shares a bedroom and bathroom was still able to go to school... makes perfect sense.  My son just got home from camp saturday and one of his friends(at the same camp) just tested positive sunday.  we shall see.

all in all, if you are vaccinated you should not have serious issues, not to say you wont get it.  at least that is what I am told.

Right but to track if an unvaccinated player was the origination of a breakout will be impossible to decipher. Especially since there are no restrictions outside of the locker room and vaccinated people still being able to test positive.

11 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

How will the league handle a vaccinated player who tests positive but is asymptomatic?

that’s going to be part of the season this year it seems so it’s going to be unavoidable.

If we were able to keep it to the illness and the NFL’s rules regarding it these threads would never be moved or locked. But, again, this group has not demonstrated that ability. 

• Upvote 2