So what are the boards rules on Covid stuff this season?

3 hours ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

Is it this, Or do the Mods just shut down discussion depending on which way they lean? Genuinely curious? 

Well they certainly won't and shouldn't allow people to post misinformation and lies.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

B. for vaccines to truly work on the macro scale, a large % of the population has to get them, and

C. when we don't reach that goal, you get more and more virulent variant forms, faster, as it works through the unvaccinated population and mutates, which ultimately can/will diminish the effectiveness of the existing vaccine(s) putting the vaccinated at more risk again of the most severe symptoms.

Yup.  It's not that hard a concept to grasp.. yet......     anti-vaxing does and will continue to make things worse for everyone.  And that's a fact.  It makes no sense.  It is selfishness in the worst possible way and that's an opinion.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Post of the Week 2

24 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Are we?  You're just names on a screen.  Could be a woman,  Could be a kid (I know we've had several here over the years).

For all I know you could be a transgender 10 year old girl.  

And frankly, half the "grown men" here rarely act as mature, well-considered, logical rational people most of the time. 

We're a forum full of "fanatics" after all.  

If we just talked about "the impact on the field" that'd probably be fine. 

Almost nothing in this thread so far is about the "impact on the field". 

And this is the same as every previous thread we've had.  

They certainly do.  

Maybe some people shouldn’t be allowed to talk about certain topics then. If you and I can have an adult conversation without disrespecting each other, why shouldn’t we be allowed? 

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Where did you get your law degree?  the same place you got your medical degree?

You love to spew incorrect nonsense.  Your misuse or abuse of the word "freedom" is childlike.  

....and we make fun of jetsfanshawn...

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Yup.  It's not that hard a concept to grasp.. yet......     anti-vaxing does and will continue to make things worse for everyone.  It makes no sense.  

Sure, but for the football season if an asymptomatic vaccinated player or coach still has to test for covid then this season is going to be messy as - there are no restrictions away from the locker room and vaccinated folks are still testing positive without any symptoms. 

People are back to work and no one is testing for Covid anymore if you’re not showing symptoms. There aren’t any quarantine rules either. I don’t know what the NFL expects or they keep testing vaccinated personnel.

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

Maybe some people shouldn’t be allowed to talk about certain topics then. If you and I can have an adult conversation without disrespecting each other, why shouldn’t we be allowed? 

Because you and I do not own this website.  Max does.

His site, his rules.

Do you not agree?  If not, why not?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Where did you get your law degree?  the same place you got your medical degree?

You love to spew incorrect nonsense.  Your misuse or abuse of the word "freedom" is childlike.  

Who cares how many people I take with me as I freedom my way to the grave...

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Because you and I do not own this website.  Max does.

His site, his rules.

Do you not agree?  If not, why not?

"Dad, why do you always control the radio in your car?"

"Cause I bought the car.   You want different music, go get your own car!"

If only there was another site, somewhere on the internet, to discuss these matters.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Ive tested positive 2x over 1 year apart with no symptoms at all either time. Only reason I was tested was because I was around someone else who tested positive, also with no symptoms. Never developed any symptoms either time

My wife's best friend tested positive.  He died 6 weeks later while on a ventilator.  A cousins lung's were so scarred by this that it ill be a permanent serious issue for the rest of her life.

So what's your point?  Consider yourself a lucky asymptomatic victim of Covid.  I'm glad you're well.  Lots of other people are dead and lots more have permanent neurological damage, cardiac damage.... 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

This seems like the right thread to get something out there for discussion.  Transgender kickers?  Whaddya guys think?

Well ain't that a kick in the nuts.  Or is it?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sec143dmf said:

Well there it is.  Calling people stupid for personal choices.  

Why else would you call someone stupid?  We make choices that are a reflection of both our intelligence and judgement all the time. Seems like looking at the personal choices people make is a pretty reasonable measuring stick. 

• Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, Origen said:

Who cares how many people I take with me as I freedom my way to the grave...

Unprecedented selfishness. It has been astonishing. And their continued abuse of the word "freedom" to justify absolute selfishness is so very clever.  Off to the club.  Later

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

24 minutes ago, Ghost said:

It should be but this is a group forum and this thread as evidence most can’t have a discussion without name calling. Never mind the eventual degradation to politics. It’s unfortunate for sure. 

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Why else would you call someone stupid?  We make choices that are a reflection of both our intelligence and judgement all the time. Seems like looking at the personal choices people make is a pretty reasonable measuring stick. 

This is a jets message board and NO ONE should be concerned with others personal choices on here.  If we all could just keep the topic to Covid and how it affects the NFL only then these threads wouldn't get locked all of the time.  

40 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Well they certainly won't and shouldn't allow people to post misinformation and lies.

Genuinely not interested in discussing my beliefs on a football forum and don't really care what yours are. What you consider disinformation or lies is your beliefs and opinion, Not a fact and that's fine. Let's keep it football related tho. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

26 minutes ago, Dcat said:

My wife's best friend tested positive.  He died 6 weeks later while on a ventilator.  A cousins lung's were so scarred by this that it ill be a permanent serious issue for the rest of her life.

So what's your point?  Consider yourself a lucky asymptomatic victim of Covid.  I'm glad you're well.  Lots of other people are dead and lots more have permanent neurological damage, cardiac damage.... 

you can go back and read the post I was responding to if you want to know my point. Sorry for your loss 

Circling back to Frank Reich and testing players and personnel who have been vaxed and have no symptoms and then sending them offsite is not going to encourage others to get vaccinated. 

The NFL shouldn’t be testing healthy people…if they continue to this season will be a total cluster…more than last seasons.

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

I just pointed your personal choices are a reflection of who you are including your intelligence and judgement.   You seem to want to discount my personal choices as being relevant.   The personal choices you make may well impact how quickly we get passed this pandemic which impacts my health, economic well being and future ability to make the choices I want to make.

We are in a pandemic.  When we went to war millions of people were drafted many went against their will because it was war.  A global pandemic requires people doing some things they don't want to do for the well being of everyone else.  

This obsession of yours about personal choice as if your choices were more valuable than mine is insulting.  Stupid doesn't do you justice.  You sound like a self absord, moroon.  

Yes that was most definetly a personal attack.  I accept the ban as required.

Biggs out!

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Yeah I know... if only everyone would believe in witchcraft, right?

It's kinda funny how it only seems to be one side of this argument that seems to be throwing personal attacks. While calming everyone else is causing harm to people. The hypocrisy/irony is stunning. Please fellas (Sorry if im misgendering you) bring something else to the table of the discussion other then the buzzwords you read in your fox/cnn articles. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Circling back to Frank Reich and testing players and personnel who have been vaxed and have no symptoms and then sending them offsite is not going to encourage others to get vaccinated. 

The NFL shouldn’t be testing healthy people…if they continue to this season will be a total cluster…more than last seasons.

Exactly.  Stop testing healthy people.  This has been the problem for 16 months now

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

We are in a pandemic.  When we went to war millions of people were drafted many went against their will because it was war.  A global pandemic requires people doing some things they don't want to do for the well being of everyone else.  

Indeed. It's certainly what a true patriot would do.