Jump to content

Peaky Blinders Mafia - Game Over!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wife wasn’t due for a couple of weeks, figured I could fit this game in before then. Turns out my daughter had other plans and wanted to get in on the scum killing. Welcome to the world Baby Jvill, we

Hi guys, Had to put down my dog yesterday so I apologize beforehand if I'm extra emo this game... it is what it is.   vote 80

Nolder if you need help with VCs, lmk. Pretty sure I can distinguish bolded words well. Cursive though is a toughy...

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Y'all are still scumbags for speed lynching me during my morning meetings.

 

On the bright side, we just closed on our house!

That's awesome, man! You deserve it!

 

 

 

Oh, and congrats on the house thing,

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Woah.  Just caught up on how this one finished.  That was nuts!  

Tremendous game from what I read.  Well done everyone, especially  @Nolder, @Stark, @Integrity28, and @Greenseed4.  Very entertaining game and what a crazy puzzle Nolder created.  And @jvill 51 very nearly won the game with that 11th hour mafia wiki research at the end.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh, and I know I have zero room to talk with how I played, but it’s fun to note that it’s firmly official now:  @JiFapono destroys scum from both alignments.  

Did we lose?  You will see a note in our QT that predicted us getting destroyed 

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Y'all are still scumbags for speed lynching me during my morning meetings.

 

On the bright side, we just closed on our house!

**** yeah, we killed it this game!!!  Beat that towns ass

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

@JiFapono @Integrity28 So the game is over now and I hate that I might have gotten the Bus Driver role wrong. You both mentioned that I got it wrong which means you probably have a better grasp on it than I do. I'd really appreciate if you guys could try to explain how I got it wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Nolder said:

@JiFapono @Integrity28 So the game is over now and I hate that I might have gotten the Bus Driver role wrong. You both mentioned that I got it wrong which means you probably have a better grasp on it than I do. I'd really appreciate if you guys could try to explain how I got it wrong.

I did in one of my post game replies. No biggie though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I never saw myself visit myself.

I’m not going to beat Nolder up, but the bus driver mechanics and results shared weren’t right based on how I’ve seen it used. It’s okay, a good learning experience, and I love any setup that tries to introduce variety.

The unsolvable pieces of this wouldn’t have been so … case in point:

I watch Stark. Stark bus drives drums and Stark. The result should tell me “X viesited drums”. It’s supposed to re-direct you to a new target, but not totally leave you in the dark that that’s what happened. Otherwise that, plus RB, plus lawyer gives scum 3 roles that completely eviscerate town getting any info at all.

Bus driver should stop you from getting the info you wanted, but you should still get something. 

But wouldn't that kind of give it away? Is that really how the role is supposed to work?

 

Like you could never frame anyone or get a false innocent result if it worked that way which is what I thought a big part of the role was.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Did you? I must have missed it I'll go back and look for it.

Check the Drums/Stark results for N3(?)

It was actually the hinging point of the game and the basis for all logic leading to a scum victory. But aside from ruining everything it wasn’t that big of a deal.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Check the Drums/Stark results for N3(?)

It was actually the hinging point of the game and the basis for all logic leading to a scum victory. But aside from ruining everything it wasn’t that big of a deal.

Well I can promise I won't screw up like that again.

Ill find an entirely new way to screw up next time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Nolder said:

But wouldn't that kind of give it away? Is that really how the role is supposed to work?

 

Like you could never frame anyone or get a false innocent result if it worked that way which is what I thought a big part of the role was.

Doesn’t it give away a RB when your investigation is RBed?

Yes. The point of BD is to disallow town from targeting who they wanted. It’s okay if town figures out that s I’m has that ability - it doesn’t stop scum from doing it, unless town lynched the BD.

You can’t just have town get nothing. It should weaken town, not completely **** town.

I also disagree with the bold. Framers frame. Bus drivers swap targets.

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a good point about the RB.

I see what you're saying.

Framers frame, Bus Drivers switch.

 

Yeah I just had a fundamental misunderstanding about how strong the role was supposed to be. Think I got it now thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Now @JiFapono had a different issue.

You thought I shouldn't have told the Watcher you visited twice.

I don't get that because you did visit twice right?

I have read about mods that will only tell a Watcher the first person who visits no matter how many visit but I don't think telling a Watcher everyone who visits is uncommon is it?

 

Or are you saying tell the Watcher everyone who visits but not how many times they visit?

Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was a camp counselor, I used to play this game with my campers. They would close their eyes at “night” and would “wake up” to point out their NAs. 

Their was Mafioso, Cops, and Doctors. 

 

You guys and your bus-driving, lawyer Masons are next ******* level. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

When I was a camp counselor, I used to play this game with my campers. They would close their eyes at “night” and would “wake up” to point out their NAs. 

Their was Mafioso, Cops, and Doctors. 

 

You guys and your bus-driving, lawyer Masons are next ******* level. 

I've always wondered how well the game would work in person. Seems tricky

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

Open forum discussion, with finger pointing and poker faces. It’s great. 

Yeah, night is what seems tricky. How do you give the cop results? Thumbs up/down?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2021 at 1:01 PM, Nolder said:

Now @JiFapono had a different issue.

You thought I shouldn't have told the Watcher you visited twice.

I don't get that because you did visit twice right?

I have read about mods that will only tell a Watcher the first person who visits no matter how many visit but I don't think telling a Watcher everyone who visits is uncommon is it?

 

Or are you saying tell the Watcher everyone who visits but not how many times they visit?

Jif is wrong on that one. In my opinion. Either way, there was nothing g he could have said that would have changed my thinking. He played right into what I wanted there too.

Im just better than him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2021 at 1:48 PM, Greenseed4 said:

When I was a camp counselor, I used to play this game with my campers. They would close their eyes at “night” and would “wake up” to point out their NAs. 

Their was Mafioso, Cops, and Doctors. 

 

You guys and your bus-driving, lawyer Masons are next ******* level. 

I played Werewolf in person once. I think I identified the entire scum/werewolf team in two “nights”, because of how much I’d played here and how into poker and body language I was at the time.

It was fun.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 8/14/2021 at 1:48 PM, Greenseed4 said:

When I was a camp counselor, I used to play this game with my campers. They would close their eyes at “night” and would “wake up” to point out their NAs. 

Their was Mafioso, Cops, and Doctors. 

 

You guys and your bus-driving, lawyer Masons are next ******* level. 

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I played Werewolf in person once. I think I identified the entire scum/werewolf team in two “nights”, because of how much I’d played here and how into poker and body language I was at the time.

It was fun.

 

Fantastic that you guys have played in person as well.  I've only played a couple times in person, and did so after years of playing here.  I played well in person as, like you Ape, I knew what I was doing from the games here while the rest of the pack was very low in experience. 

I get very confused here and have trouble reading people with just words.  But in person with body language is much easier.  A lot more insults here too of course, lol.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

 

Fantastic that you guys have played in person as well.  I've only played a couple times in person, and did so after years of playing here.  I played well in person as, like you Ape, I knew what I was doing from the games here while the rest of the pack was very low in experience. 

I get very confused here and have trouble reading people with just words.  But in person with body language is much easier.  A lot more insults here too of course, lol.  

Yes, the insults are almost exclusively JN or online play, haha.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...