Jets Pats Opener

Tezza

5 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

I've been there with kids multiple times. It's a nonissue - mostly. There's no guarantee you won't have some drunken ass in your section, but 99% of fans (including fans of the opposing team) are not that

I found it relatively tame and never felt uncomfortable when I took my adorable Baby Crusher to the Viking game. 

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Tezza said:

I guess what I mean is I don't mind fans being passionate but how often do fights happen with pats fans in the stands and do tons of pats fans come for the game or just a small minority on comparison to a Giants/jets game etc. 

I would say (in recent years) there have been a lot of Pats fans at home games -- but frankly, there have been a lot of opposing fans for every game.

In general there are nowhere near as many fights at MetLife as there were at Giants Stadium and if you're not in the upper deck there are virtually zero.

Just go to the game,  If you worry about the one in a million chance that you will get into a fight with Joe Bro from Caldwell.  You will never enjoy anything.
Have fun,  keep to yourself.  You will have zero issues.
Vulgar language will happen in any section you sit in.  That is a given.

Hey I know Joe Bro from Caldwell. Tough Somonabitch

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, batman10023 said:

do cars really have mechanical issues nowadays?  i stopped the 3 year bmw lease thing when my second was born.  bought a mdx.  it's been 8 years.  no mechanical issues to speak of so far.   it's got about 45k miles on it so we don't really use it much.

that being said we are looking for a new car probably in the next year or so - has safety improvements increased alot in 8 years?   how would you rank the following cars  bmw x5, audi q7, acura mdx, cayenne, range rover?

Range Rovers are the biggest pieces of crap on the roads today.

BMW’s are fine, but it feels like they’re stuck in the 90’s. How is the knob controller still being put in beamers? They weren’t new or cool even 10 years ago. 

833057A5-B11F-4C47-8A20-CE33342E4135.jpeg

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, SAR I said:

If the Jets beat the Panthers, the 2021 home opener will feature the most passionate and excited crowd since December 2015.  It’s going to be insane.  

SAR I

Totally agree.

The excitement of having beat Darnold plus actually having a promising young QB on the team, it will be amazing.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

18 hours ago, Tezza said:

I guess what I mean is I don't mind fans being passionate but how often do fights happen with pats fans in the stands and do tons of pats fans come for the game or just a small minority on comparison to a Giants/jets game etc. 

Earlier in the season, before all hope is lost, you should see a higher percentage of Jets fans.

Just find the biggest guy around you and pop him in the nose after you find your seat. Then give everyone a good stare-down and you should be fine.

Honestly going to only games during my 20's at the Meadowlands and being very drunk/high I never had any problems at a Jets game.  The best was going onto the ramps at halftime and smoking a J and watching people pour beer down on kids trying to grab the change people dropped down in the center of the circle.  Met some awesome fans and everyone was always willing to share/join.  Great vibe.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Origen said:

Just find the biggest guy around you and pop him in the nose after you find your seat. Then give everyone a good stare-down and you should be fine.

Honestly going to only games during my 20's at the Meadowlands and being very drunk/high I never had any problems at a Jets game.  The best was going onto the ramps at halftime and smoking a J and watching people pour beer down on kids trying to grab the change people dropped down in the center of the circle.  Met some awesome fans and everyone was always willing to share/join.  Great vibe.

Halftime @ Spiral D on that Crisp January 10th afternoon home playoff game beating the Jaguars was PRICELESS! 

• Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

IMG-2546.jpg

Not that any of you will ever have them, but this is what a Platinum Parking Pass looks like.

Comes with a can of anti-burper farter BMW spray, too.

SAR I

This is so beautiful to see, I can smell the Tailgating from Florida. I miss the Meadowlands and can’t wait for the season to begin. Congrats on The Platinum, hope to make it to a game this year. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/2/2021 at 9:57 PM, Tezza said:

How rowdy does it get at MetLife when the pats play ...albeit this will be the Bradyless Patriots. I am looking at maybe getting tickets to the game and going with the family, I know 224B is the family section where alcohol is not permitted. 

What percentage of pats fans turn up for the game and are there any other sections which are more mellow. 

Be friendly, don't be mouthy, have a normal level of courtesy, don't be dumb (Wear Brady Jersey and talk sh*t to burly drunk guys), do NOT make eye contact or engage with ANYONE wearing early 90s Green and white Zubaz pants....

Be smart, stay polite,  you'll be fine. 

3 hours ago, David Harris said:

What are the most dangerous fans outside of Philly?

who has the bad reps?

I think the Raiders did when in Oakland, doubt Vegas will be as bad

Never been to a game in Philly, but I was never scared of them. Maybe because they play in the NFC?

Patriot fans are cupcakes. Before Brady it always seemed like the stadium was half full. Same with Dolphin fans, though their stadium is still always half full.

Games at Oakland and Buffalo always scared me. Those fans are just a different breed of insanity that I really have no interest in messing with.

Ive heard Arrowhead is a great experience, so KC is on my list of stadiums to visit someday. Seattle too.