The mvp of Sunday’s game will be a jet and its not who you think.

jets d from what i gather is pretty straightforward in scheme and execution- won’t try and confuse opposing offenses with fancy formations or apply pressure with exotic type blitz packages - just rear back and try to push through offensive line to pressure/sack qb - don’t know if we have all the dogs we need to get this done on a weekly basis but for week one it seems unlikely we confuse darnold much - hoping we get in his face though and force him to make mistakes - worried about joe brady designing game plan with a lot of roll outs etc - this might mitigate pass rush and plays to sam’s strengths ( are you listening gase you moron?) in any event i hope sam sees a loss this week but i doubt it will be due to ghosts

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

16 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

First season, no camp, no OTAs, no preseason games and injured.  Then add in that dynamic Gase offense.  Led by Darnold

2nd preseason, sick and lost 20 lbs

You might want to give the guy a chance, something tells me we havent seen what he could do more than we've seen all he can do

Exactly.    

I could see Wesco getting a game ball after all the dust settles though.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

First season, no camp, no OTAs, no preseason games and injured.  Then add in that dynamic Gase offense.  Led by Darnold

2nd preseason, sick and lost 20 lbs

You might want to give the guy a chance, something tells me we havent seen what he could do more than we've seen all he can do

Tough crowd.  You’re dealing with the privileged Jet fans. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/9/2021 at 9:42 AM, FTL Jet Fan said:

The little optimism I have left would say he could definitely surprise the Carolina D since he has been a non factor to this point. I am sure their focus will be on Davis  and the run game. They also have not seen Elijah Moore, yet.

This is the funny thing about any sports fans.  Right now, a LOT of them are saying he is a bust, and it was a bad pick.  But every time a player is drafted, fans seem to want every pick to be the saviour of a position.

Quite frankly, I think Mims will have a good year, because Corey Davis and Elijah Moore are good enough that Mims can be good now.  Mims isn't a 1A franchise WR.  BUT, you pair him with good players, he can turn a good double-threat into a fantastic triple-threat.  So, is he a bad pick because he isn't 1A franchise, or is he a good pick because he is a great number 3.  Who cares, so long as it means W's in the win column!

• Upvote 3

On 9/9/2021 at 9:34 AM, nycdan said:

That would be great.  And it would put at least half of this board into a catatonic state from the overdose of crow meat they would be eating as a result.  Now we just need Josh Adams and Mosely to have big games to complete the hat trick :)

I would be surprised if Adams gets a single carry. He is behind Coleman, Johnson, Carter, and Perine.  He may not even dress.

17 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I would be surprised if Adams gets a single carry. He is behind Coleman, Johnson, Carter, and Perine.  He may not even dress.

Perine is probably not active this week.  Adams is probably the best short-yardage back anyway but you still may be right.  Not sure what they see that I don't.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

This is the funny thing about any sports fans.  Right now, a LOT of them are saying he is a bust, and it was a bad pick.  But every time a player is drafted, fans seem to want every pick to be the saviour of a position.

Quite frankly, I think Mims will have a good year, because Corey Davis and Elijah Moore are good enough that Mims can be good now.  Mims isn't a 1A franchise WR.  BUT, you pair him with good players, he can turn a good double-threat into a fantastic triple-threat.  So, is he a bad pick because he isn't 1A franchise, or is he a good pick because he is a great number 3.  Who cares, so long as it means W's in the win column!

Like I said the little optimism I have hopes that he surprises the CP defense. I am a believe it when I see it fan. Never said he was a bust. I agree him on the field with Davis, Moore and Cole (hopefully)  he could very well have a great game. 

7 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Like I said the little optimism I have hopes that he surprises the CP defense. I am a believe it when I see it fan. Never said he was a bust. I agree him on the field with Davis, Moore and Cole (hopefully)  he could very well have a great game. 

As stated, I wasn't speaking about you directly.  But there has been plenty of evidence spoken on here about that by many people.  I think he will have a decent year, and he will have it because of Davis and Moore.  I think Crowder will become an after-thought.  

4 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

As stated, I wasn't speaking about you directly.  But there has been plenty of evidence spoken on here about that by many people.  I think he will have a decent year, and he will have it because of Davis and Moore.  I think Crowder will become an after-thought.  

I know what you meant, no worries. I think everyone is hoping he becomes a true #1, let’s see what he does.

1 hour ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

I know what you meant, no worries. I think everyone is hoping he becomes a true #1, let’s see what he does.

I don't think he becomes a true number one at all....But I think that will be okay, because JD went out and got a number #1, a potential #2A/B in Moore, alongside Mims, with Crowder, Berrios, Cole, and Smith for depth.  That is pretty good when the starting line-up a few seasons ago was Robbie Anderson, Deontay Burnett, JJ Jones, Jermaine Kearse and Charone Peake.

• Upvote 2