Season ticket holders- do you keep your tickets more because of the camaraderie of tailgating or thinking the Jets can win?

Matt39

3 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

maybe he likes spending time with his kids at the game?  l know my son loves going to the game with me and we have a great time - win or lose.

you have left NY area and hate ownership.  why not just root for another team.

to me moving out of NY like you did doesn't seem like fun.  but is anyone telling you you are stupid?

Seems like you have missed the point. I care about the Jets winning. I’m polling season ticket holders if that’s a priority or not- for some, it’s obviously not and they attend because of tailgating etc. 

42 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Row 1, Mezzanine Corners, 4 seats including aisle, $125 per game, less than a yard away from Club Seats that cost $270 per game.  Best view and best value in the house for someone who doesn't want a club seat or a hike to the upper deck.

I could sell these today for what I paid for them.  And if the Jets get good, significantly more.  There aren't that many great seats in the stadium that aren't club seats.

SAR I

the club corners aren't 270 first of all.

second, we pay the slightly higher amount so we don't have to sit next to you.

:-)

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Where am I doing any of that

They are rich because they were given it. It matters. When you email your invoice youre sending it to guys who are laughing at you. 10 years of no playoffs. Pathetic hires. Pathetic drafts of first round picks who cant get a job in Canada

you don't like ownership.  we get it.

I am pretty sure id be laughing at some of your decisions in life.  but i don't want to tell you how to live.

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Seems like you have missed the point. I care about the Jets winning. I’m polling season ticket holders if that’s a priority or not- for some, it’s obviously not and they attend because of tailgating etc. 

that's foolish.  of course we prefer to win.  But we also enjoy spending time with our friends and family - just like you enjoy spending your time complaining about Jets Ownership.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There aren't any great seats in the stadium that aren't club seats.

SAR I

Fixed. 

This is really the true crime they committed when building the stadium. I was ready to plunk down cash on a PSL that got me between the 20s, and was horrified with how they made every decent seat Club.

IMHO, the best non-club seat is Upper Prime between the 20s, row 3 or 4 (no rail in sight line). 

5 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

that's foolish.  of course we prefer to win.  But we also enjoy spending time with our friends and family - just like you enjoy spending your time complaining about Jets Ownership.

Well yeah that’s the point. The tradition overrides winning and the owners know it. That’s why they are laughing to the bank. 

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Well yeah that’s the point. The tradition overrides winning and the owners know it. That’s why they are laughing to the bank. 

Sideline corner seats are $65 bucks each.   In Arizona those seats are $63 bucks.   So a $2 premium. A mediocre bottle of wine at a restaurant costs $65 -  and lots of folks buy it.  

Most of the money is made via TV contracts and that's what is making them rich.

14 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Fixed. 

This is really the true crime they committed when building the stadium. I was ready to plunk down cash on a PSL that got me between the 20s, and was horrified with how they made every decent seat Club.

IMHO, the best non-club seat is Upper Prime between the 20s, row 3 or 4 (no rail in sight line). 

It's in the context of someone telling me I couldn't sell my PSL's for what I paid for them if/when the Jets are a good team again.

In a metropolitan area where there are 1.2 million millionaires, all it's going to take is 1 of them who is a Jets fan, who wants season tickets, and wants as close to a sideline view as he can get without paying for club seats or going up to the roof.  And that's where I come in.

I'm never going to sell them, so it's all hypothetical, but that's what would happen.

SAR I

• Haha 1

I’ve had my tickets since 1991 when I was 11.  I don’t have pricey seats and I hate the ownership of this team.  I go because it’s part of who I am.  

There’s people I’ve become friends with over the years who are waiting on line with me before the lots open, friends and family I tailgate with and the people who sit around me.  We all missed each other last year.  

While Covid has changed some priorities in life (I’m not here to debate covid) I still plan to go to as many games as possible.  

14 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Probably the same reasons as people who say they don’t care anymore and still watch on TV and post on Jets message boards.

guy posts 35k messages on a Jets Forum and spends hours sulking about the ownership - and he's telling us how to live our life.

If Woody heard about him and his 35k posts - he'd be laughing so hard.  No amount of money is equal to a good laugh like that.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

You are absolutely correct that you do not have to be good to be extremely profitable.

That said, I think when you have so much money already, the only thing left is pride.  I doubt very much Woody wants to be the laughingstock this team is.  I genuinely think he wants to win.  Just hasn't gotten it right.  But again, these last two hires may not work out, but undoubtedly, they were both well regarded by people in league circles.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

guy posts 35k messages on a Jets Forum and spends hours sulking about the ownership - and he's telling us how to live our life.

If Woody heard about him and his 35k posts - he'd be laughing so hard.  No amount of money is equal to a good laugh like that.

Yes I root for the Jets and have been here since 2005. I’m sorry I struck a nerve. 

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's in the context of someone telling me I couldn't sell my PSL's for what I paid for them if/when the Jets are a good team again.

In a metropolitan area where there are 1.2 million millionaires, all it's going to take is 1 of them who is a Jets fan, who wants season tickets, and wants as close to a sideline view as he can get without paying for club seats or going up to the roof.  And that's where I come in.

I'm never going to sell them, so it's all hypothetical, but that's what would happen.

SAR I

Or they would just call the jets directly since there are tons of psl seats available. ?‍♂️

6 minutes ago, sec143dmf said:

Or they would just call the jets directly since there are tons of psl seats available. ?‍♂️

Not Row 1 Mezzanine adjacent to Clubs shady side there aren't.

Not everyone wants to sit between the goalposts.  Not all PSL's are alike.  Some of us had Day 1 seniority and chose wisely.

It's hard to imagine now that we suck so hard, but picture a day in a few years when we win the AFC East, we are an elite team, and thousands of Jets fans want season tickets.  They call the Jets and can't get all the great seats because they are under the control of the PSL owners.  

Oh, and don't forget, the thousands of fans currently squatting in PSL seats with basic season subscriptions, they get evicted too.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Oh, and don't forget, the thousands of fans currently squatting in PSL seats with basic season subscriptions, they get evicted too.

They will be given first right of refusal if this happens. 

This is what I was told when I inquired about the PSL section non-PSL season tickets. 

joewilly12 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

They will be given first right of refusal if this happens. 

This is what I was told when I inquired about the PSL section non-PSL season tickets. 

joewilly12 

Yes, I agree.  Just saying that if/when the Jets turn the corner there aren't going to be that many good seats available because PSL rules will go back into effect and 80% of the PSL seats are still in the control of their original owners and the rest in the first-refusal category.

SAR I

where it truly sucks to be a psl owner this year for some 

lets say u own coach's club psl -two seats

u pay with parking 1500 per game

this year i believe there were two home preseason games-so that is  3grand 

right now u can get coaches club for 600-700 for a pair right now on the hub

u can see 4/5 games for what the psl owner paid for his preseason tickets lol

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes, I agree.  Just saying that if/when the Jets turn the corner there aren't going to be that many good seats available because PSL rules will go back into effect and 80% of the PSL seats are still in the control of their original owners and the rest in the first-refusal category.

SAR I

Do you think this is true?

Hard to justify paying a PSL today, even in a more competitive market, as the stadium is now 15 years old.

Do you think this is true?
Hard to justify paying a PSL today, even in a more competitive market, as the stadium is now 15 years old.

In the 90s, prior to PSLs when Ebay first came onto the scene people were paying $1500 per seat to buy the rights to seats in the 300s. If the Jets did start winning these PSLs would very quickly become unaffordable for most.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Are you asking why are STHs giving ownership money when they give us a bad team?

I’m asking is winning secondary to the tailgating experience to a STH and what is the breaking point in terms of losing or if it doesn’t matter. 11 years and not making the playoffs and not looking close eventually has to wear on some who are spending time and money? The owners are responsible for the product on the field. It’s enlightening if STH’s aren’t overly concerned about it.

8 minutes ago, RSJ said:

In the 90s, prior to PSLs when Ebay first came onto the scene people were paying $1500 per seat to buy the rights to seats in the 300s. If the Jets did start winning these PSLs would very quickly become unaffordable for most.

nah not true at all

now yes they suck right now but I literally could not give away any of my pls. I walked away. I posted one of my sets on here for like .10 on the dollar and nobody wanted them 

21 minutes ago, kmnj said:

where it truly sucks to be a psl owner this year for some 

lets say u own coach's club psl -two seats

u pay with parking 1500 per game

this year i believe there were two home preseason games-so that is  3grand 

right now u can get coaches club for 600-700 for a pair right now on the hub

u can see 4/5 games for what the psl owner paid for his preseason tickets lol

first, i believe there was only 1 home pre-season game.

you really think penny pinchers are buying the coaches club seats?   seriously?

i remember my partner at GS use to come out of his office and ask who wanted his luxury suite tickets to knicks and rangers game like 1x a week.  he didn't ask for any money.

even the firm had a policy that you could buy tickets in their luxury box at 1/2 off - as long as it wasn't full with clients.  

nah not true at all
now yes they suck right now but I literally could not give away any of my pls. I walked away. I posted one of my sets on here for like .10 on the dollar and nobody wanted them 

Which part is not true? The ebay part? That part is 100% true. In 1998 it was well over $1000 per seat in the 300s. The Jets were going nuts because it wasnt legal to sell the rights to your seats back then.

Its really easy to not see the value in something when times are tough. Similar to a shore house in 2008. But things can change quickly. Again not why I own them. Go look for similar PSLs in foxboro or pretty much any stadium that has a team with a winning record. I think the only one that wins and has price points similar to the Jets are the Titans. But you could get a house in Tennessee for the price of a PSL so its not really comparable.

I don't know.  Do you really think the market for live sports will ever match what it was in the 90s?
Younger fans are used to watching on their phones, or 60+ inch screens.  I could see individual games going for a fortune, matchup dependent, and obviously playoffs, but I'm not sure I see season tickets ever becoming a commodity people fight over again.

Thats a fair question. But again I bring up Foxboro or other stadiums with winning teams in them. Go to pslsource.com and take a look for yourself. Compare prices.