Is Robert Saleh the worst coach in the NFL?

FactsOnly

Pick below  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Salad Toppings below

• Yes
    • Yes, but only for this year until Urban Meyer concocts health problems

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Yes, saying that the head coach of a rebuilding team one month into the job is the worst head coach in the league, at the time, was ridiculous.

Saleh improved last year.  Then Zach Wilson, Zach Wilson’d and it cost us the season.

Now Saleh is sticking with the worst QB in the league in a desperate attempt to salvage the 2nd overall pick that he and Douglas wasted on him, which now gives this thread merit if they don’t move on.

I'm begging you to learn how nuance works.  It’s not hard.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Is he good or not kid stop dancing around the point

Yes, saying that the head coach of a rebuilding team one month into the job is the worst head coach in the league, at the time, was ridiculous.

Saleh improved last year.  Then Zach Wilson, Zach Wilson’d and it cost us the season.

Now Saleh is sticking with the worst QB in the league in a desperate attempt to salvage the 2nd overall pick that he and Douglas wasted on him, which now gives this thread merit if they don’t move on.

I'm begging you to learn how nuance works.  It’s not hard.

Yet he was correct 1 month in.  

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Biggs said:

This guy Mogglez man dude thinks this doof head coach improved amidst losing 7 of 8 and a 6 game losing streak to close out the year in which Zach Wilson played in TWO of those games

1 of which he threw for 320 2 TDs and a 90 rating

😂🤣😭

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

That’s the equivalent to me saying that a draft pick is a complete bust 15 minutes after the card is turned in.

Again.  Nuance is not a difficult concept.

Friendly reminder that you’re agreeing with someone who was ready to call it quits on Saleh a month in, but still thinks that Zach Wilson is an elite talent.

• WTF? 1

56 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

This guy Mogglez man dude thinks this doof head coach improved amidst losing 7 of 8 and a 6 game losing streak to close out the year in which Zach Wilson played in TWO of those games

1 of which he threw for 320 2 TDs and a 90 rating

😂🤣😭

@Biggs my point exactly.

• WTF? 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

That’s the equivalent to me saying that a draft pick is a complete bust 15 minutes after the card is turned in.

Again.  Nuance is not a difficult concept.

Friendly reminder that you’re agreeing with someone who was ready to call it quits on Saleh a month in, but still think that Zach Wilson is an elite talent.

I thought hiring Saleh when they were evaluating Sam and considering taking a QB in the draft with the 2 was a dumb move 1 day in.  

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I thought hiring Saleh when they were evaluating Sam and considering taking a QB in the draft with the 2 was a dumb move 1 day in.  

That’s all well and good.

Using the logic being presented here by Facts Only is just as dumb, regardless of preconceived notions.

Zac Taylor was a train wreck his first year as HC

Kyle Shanahan needed time as well.

Josh Allen took an unprecedented leap after his rookie year, as did Lamar Jackson.

You can be right about something, but the timing in which you proclaim it can still make you ridiculous.  You don’t get brownie points because a ridiculous statement ended up being true, especially when most Head Coaches don’t work out and most QBs end up being busts.  Again.  Nuance.  Not hard.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Using the logic being presented here by Facts Only is just as dumb, regardless of preconceived notions.

Josh Allen took an unprecedented leap after his rookie year, as did Lamar Jackson.

You can be right about something, but the timing in which you proclaim it can still make you ridiculous.  You don’t get brownie points because a ridiculous statement ended up being true, especially when most Head Coaches don’t work out and most QBs end up being busts.  Again.  Nuance.  Not hard.

It’s not simply about wins and losses you casuals just don’t get it

In fact, identifying things early is EXACTLY what you’re supposed to do in life 😂🤣

I think he’s a BS artist and his whole we want guys who love football line was total projection with the amount of golf he plays and the silly bleacher runs…but Woody is just going to hire another first time rube if he moves on from Saleh. Hard to care anymore. Until the Jets find a franchise QB who’s psychotically dedicated to football it really doesn’t matter what boob Woody hires.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

I think he’s a BS artist and his whole we want guys who love football line was total projection with the amount of golf he plays and the silly bleacher runs…but Woody is just going to hire another first time rube if he moves on from Saleh. Hard to care anymore.

Bobby seems like he’s got a major over the top swing and doesn’t rake the trap properly. 

1 minute ago, FactsOnly said:

This guy still can’t give a yes or no answer 8 pages later

Steve Harvey Wow GIF by NBC

Robert Saleh, as long as he keeps trotting out the worst QB in the NFL and this franchise’s history, is an absolute joke who I don’t want coaching this team.  This is now the 3rd time I’ve typed this.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

It’s not simply about wins and losses you casuals just don’t get it

In fact, identifying things early is EXACTLY what you’re supposed to do in life 😂🤣

Ok then, in that case, stop touting Zach Wilson’s record as a starting QB last year to spout why he is good when just about everyone identified early on that he blows chunks.

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Robert Saleh, as long as he keeps trotting out the worst QB in the NFL and this franchise’s history, is an absolute joke who I don’t want coaching this team.  This is now the 3rd time I’ve typed this.

Robert Saleh went 1-7 with Zach Wilson playing 2 of those games with one of those games including 320 yards 2 TDs and a 90 rating

but but but Zach was holding the team back!!😂

African American Reaction GIF

I don’t think he is the worse as he has done a couple good things to improve the Jets: 1) a very good defense and the players right now play hard for him and seem to want to be here. 

I’m not criticizing him too much for the hiring of Hackett as his hire seems to be get Rodgers here. Hackett makes an excellent assistant OC to Rodgers as long as Rodgers is playing. 

Saleh does have at least one fatal flaw that leads to dumb decisions. My theory is Saleh is too much a players coach and won’t make the tough decisions to win that may hurt a single player: dying on his sword supporting Zach to the point of looking ridiculous, playing older players that are washed over better players (Brown, Uzomah, Cook, Cobb as examples). This may lead to him losing the team. 

Yet the counter argument at the time was for guys who love the Saleh pick to name some HOF HC or QB who wasn't good in their first or second year to say it's way to soon.   I'm not sure I get your point?  Saleh to me seemed like a goof ball from day 1 with a canned act.  He's resume was thin and he had no experience on the O side of the ball.  The Jets were evaluating Sam and thinking about taking a QB with the 1st pick.  It was a dumb hire.     

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Yet the counter argument at the time was for guys who love the Saleh pick to name some HOF HC or QB who wasn't good in their first or second year to say it's way to soon.   I'm not sure I get your point?  Saleh to me seemed like a goof ball from day 1 with a canned act.  He's resume was thin and he had no experience on the O side of the ball.  The Jets were evaluating Sam and thinking about taking a QB with the 1st pick.  It was a dumb hire.     

The point is very simple:

You don’t judge a guy who was, by all accounts, a very well respected candidate for the job, was on the top of a lot of lists, highly sought after, following one month of being on the job when everyone and their grandmother knew that the 2021 jets were not going to be a good football team.  Judging him now that he is in his 3rd year, is perfectly fine (this is NUANCE).  Having a personal opinion early on doesn’t earn you brownie points for being right when most guys don’t pan out, no matter how badly you want your flowers.  

There were a ton of people (more people than not) in the NFL who didn’t believe that Patrick Mahomes was a very good draft prospect.  The tape he put out there didn’t say that he was going to become the best QB in the league.  That doesn’t make those people idiots, and it doesn’t make the people who believed that he would be a good player “draft gurus.”

1 hour ago, FactsOnly said:

Robert Saleh went 1-7 with Zach Wilson playing 2 of those games with one of those games including 320 yards 2 TDs and a 90 rating

but but but Zach was holding the team back!!😂

African American Reaction GIF

First fact that you’ve ever stated on this forum.  Congrats!

Robert Saleh appears to be a motivational delegator.  This would work only if his hires were on point. Essentially better at their jobs than he would be. To this point ... not looking good. 

The locker room will recognize the lack of prowess eventually and the all the Slogans in the world won't save him. There are Authors and Readers.

Robert appears to be a Reader that has some recall skills. He is not an Author. 

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The point is very simple:

You don’t judge a guy who was, by all accounts, a very well respected candidate for the job, was on the top of a lot of lists, highly sought after, following one month of being on the job when everyone and their grandmother knew that the 2021 jets were not going to be a good football team.  Judging him now that he is in his 3rd year, is perfectly fine (this is NUANCE).  Having a personal opinion early on doesn’t earn you brownie points for being right when most guys don’t pan out, no matter how badly you want your flowers.  

There were a ton of people (more people than not) in the NFL who didn’t believe that Patrick Mahomes was a very good draft prospect.  The tape he put out there didn’t say that he was going to become the best QB in the league.  That doesn’t make those people idiots, and it doesn’t make the people who believed that he would be a good player “draft gurus.”

I'm not a huge believer in the CEO HC who's real talent is as a motivational speaker.  That's what Saleh seemed to me.  If I was inclined to hire that type I would have gone with Steve Wilks who washed out of the Cardinals job in a year.  Still think Wilks might have been a better hire. 

If he was so highly respected why did Detroit pass on him?