Is Robert Saleh the worst coach in the NFL?

FactsOnly

Pick below  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Salad Toppings below

• Yes
    • Yes, but only for this year until Urban Meyer concocts health problems

he is def not good. i know the d is supposedly great, but i have never had any confidence with saleh. did not like his bs tough guy persona on hard knocks either. i remember one of the wins on his record was when he was not with the team. the assistant hc coached that game i believe. he can run all the stairs he wants but hes about to lose the locker room and does not have the guts to adjust. its his way or the high way. really wish we interviewed mcdaniels ( i know thats in the past, but I would of rather gotten a offensive coach)

On 10/24/2021 at 4:41 PM, LSJF said:

He lost me with this latest press conference, still singing the clichés, the guys work their tails off, there were some missed execution we just got to work on it, it starts with the coaches we need to figure it out, figure it out stubborn pricks… The guys work the tails off thank goodness they earned  their money

On 10/24/2021 at 4:44 PM, LSJF said:

Forgot to add to the list of clichés, they’re grown men, and not effin  grown men, They are young impressionable rookies looking for leadership not hot air

On 10/24/2021 at 10:18 PM, Dunnie said:

Does anyone have a breakdown of our run plays .. i swear it seemed like we had 3 running plays.... great week of practice though.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

On 10/24/2021 at 10:20 PM, NIGHT STALKER said:

Right now, he's all brake and no gas whatsoever.  

On 10/24/2021 at 10:55 PM, jgb said:

We can’t evaluate Saleh without adequate QB play.

We can’t evaluate Zach without adequate line play.

We can’t evaluate the line until JD’s draft picks have at least three years.

We can’t evaluate JD until we know what we have in Zach.

We can’t evaluate Zach without adequate head coaching.

fail merry go round GIF

On 10/25/2021 at 1:05 AM, JetFreak89 said:

Anyone else here remember making fun of the Cowboys for hiring McCarthy and the team looking like complete sh*t after? I certainly remember those posts. Funny I don't see anything now that they are 5-1. The coaches can only affect the game so much...you need players to win in the NFL. 

On 10/25/2021 at 9:45 AM, Warfish said:

Oh, I feel so much better.  Because of Detroit.

:rolleyes:

Jets are 1-6 and just lost 54-13 to our hated rival (who isn't that good).

32nd/31st on Offense, 

29th/27th on Defense.

Avg. margin of loss:  13.57 points (i.e. two TD's).

Detroit may have a worse record, by all of one loss, but they're better than us on Offense, better than us on Defense, score more points per game than us, and lose by less points than us on average.

If that is this team's only defense of this season so far, "but Detroit", it isn't much a of a defense.

We're horrible, bordering on unwatchable.

On 10/25/2021 at 10:00 AM, BP said:

He admitted he did things wrong and learned from his mistakes. It doesn’t appear that Saleh will. 

On 10/25/2021 at 10:08 AM, Sellis92 said:

Robert Saleh is Bill Parcells

Zach Wilson will become Aaron Rodgers once Lefleur the scapegoat is fired.

On 1/2/2023 at 3:12 AM, VJphillyfan said:

D6C73F94-C98A-4676-8CAD-DBFDF32A9653.jpeg

On 1/2/2023 at 5:58 AM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Saleh's biggest failure is his inability to develop Zach.  It's not his only failure......

5 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Put aside the fact that his record as a Heach coach is horrendous. Try to forget that for a moment. 

How does he realign all his bs speeches about competitors, positive vibes, lifting you up, taking tickets, etc. with still putting Wilson as the starter QB and killing the career of all the other players? What about his other bs of playing the best players and stick with Uzomah? Yes, he made the change in the Oline, but would he really have made that change if Brown didn't get injured?

Now, please remember his record as a Head Coach. 

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

Maybe not the worst, but damned close.  He brings absolutely nothing to the table. He will never "outsmart" any other HCs in the NFL.  He also seems to lose his mind from time to time "....zach wilson is the kind of person you want your daughter to marry" or something of the sort.  He's losing it. He will never be one of those 'special' HCs. 

Most importantly, Saleh remains here on extremely limited time, IMO.  

Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If this is a tank and the Jets end up with the number 1 pick in the draft, all is forgiven.

I will build a statue for Douglas and Saleh for having the balls to do this.

This is not a tank. The team was 1-1 with a good roster going into a divisional game against an 0-2 mediocre opponent and they were playing at home. Stop with this tank on purpose bullsh*t. This is the case of a delusional and incompetent HC and GM who actually think they have a chance to win with ZW. 

• Upvote 3

I was always questioning saleh and its pretty clear now hes a cheerleader more than a coach ala herm edwards

on top of that i am starting to q jd as well. Zero results despite a lot of great moves but also head scratchers

in summary, every employee of the jets including the owners suck at what they do

• Upvote 1

Pretty much only one choice.  Saleh really doesn’t seem to have an answer.  Of course this is all conjecture looking from the outside in but just how is he holding anyone accountable?  Maybe he finally did by pretty much benching brown and putting in stillman but why did this change take so long?

42 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I was always questioning saleh and its pretty clear now hes a cheerleader more than a coach ala herm edwards

on top of that i am starting to q jd as well. Zero results despite a lot of great moves but also head scratchers

in summary, every employee of the jets including the owners suck at what they do

Hey, at least we got an all time memorable quote out of Herm :) 

1 minute ago, All Gas No Substance said:

Saleh is one of those dudes that climbs the corporate ladder because he has some charisma and can play the politics games. When sh*t hits the fan he can’t actually solve any problems 

It's called rising to the level of your incompatence.  

40 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's really tough to judge him with the QB hand he's been dealt.

Look at all time great BB with much better QB play in Jones

And look at the great Sean Payton without a HOFer.

This league is so much about who you have playing QB that's it's really tough to judge a HC until he has a reasonable QB.

Then maybe he shouldn't play that awful QB and try to convince himself and everybody else that he isn't awful. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

Zach haters will not want to hear this but starting Zach is not the wrong move it is the way they are handling Zach that is.  One of the Jets insider guys pointed out that Zach is playing as coached in that they are asking him to read short to long. This is not the way to handle reads because it leads to all the "so and so was wide open but he did X" sort of plays. 

Also they are not tailoring the plays to what Zach is good at  They did for one series and Zach marched down the field

They used motion on like 2 plays, took no deep shots, no RPOs not Jet motion no screens.

We ran 22 times for 38 yards and our OL is bottom 5

We did not play Uzomah. We did not play Hardman or  Ruckert or Gipson.

Saleh and Hackett are the reason for this.  Saleh is a horrible head coach.  And spare me the Mike White BS where he has a couple good games against bottom 5 defenses but otherwise pretty much sucked.

That's right.... You're the guy that said Zach Wilson can be a top ten QB. And I'm pretty sure I'm reality you're Lisa Wilson... Right Lisa?

• Upvote 1

A head coach’s #1 job during the season is to identify a potential path to victory each week and to successfully implement a game plan accordingly.

They obviously don’t trust ZW to play real QB, so in that case they have to come up with something else.

I mean where’s this supposed “master” level chess brain?

I’d have more respect for Saleh if they had come out in a wishbone or Wildcat with Gipson in the gun.

Can’t be afraid to fail.

At some point you have to have some kind of conviction about what you’re doing and just go for it.

A 2-TE or even 3-TE base offense would make more sense than what they’ve been doing which is:

1 yard and a cloud of dust on 1st and 2nd down followed by a 2 yard catch and fall on 3rd and long….

Basically what I’m saying is Saleh doesn’t understand his job.

He thinks it’s all about coming up with dumb slogans and “story walls”, like that’s somehow going to translate into wins.

Nobody cares if he can run the stadium steps for 5 straight hours.

He’s been feeding the fans and media BS since day 1.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

A head coach’s #1 job during the season is to identify a potential path to victory each week and to successfully implement a game plan accordingly.

They obviously don’t trust ZW to play real QB, so in that case they have to come up with something else.

I mean where’s this supposed “master” level chess brain?

I’d have more respect for Saleh if they had come out in a wishbone or Wildcat with Gipson in the gun.

Can’t be afraid to fail.

At some point you have to have some kind of conviction about what you’re doing and just go for it.

A 2-TE or even 3-TE base offense would make more sense than what they’ve been doing which is:

1 yard and a cloud of dust on 1st and 2nd down followed by a 2 yard catch and fall on 3rd and long….

Basically what I’m saying is Saleh doesn’t understand his job.

He thinks it’s all about coming up with dumb slogans and “story walls”, like that’s somehow going to translate into wins.

Nobody cares if he can run the stadium steps for 5 straight hours.

He’s been feeding the fans and media BS since day 1.

The Jets management got exactly what they wanted.

Fun fact:

Saleh interviewed with the Lions and they were like uh yeah, no. THE LIONS! After that he interviewed with the Jets and they go Gaga over him immediately. If you remember last year he got out coached by the lions coach in a must win game for the jets.

Come to think about it, when has he not been out coached? That’s scary.

anyways, we’re back to square one again, either another new oc next year or new head coach.

bottom line: who would want to play for this organization? Or be their head coach?

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

It's really tough to judge him with the QB hand he's been dealt.

Look at all time great BB with much better QB play in Jones

And look at the great Sean Payton without a HOFer.

This league is so much about who you have playing QB that's it's really tough to judge a HC until he has a reasonable QB.

I agree, and perhaps Saleh is being force to play Zach Wilson by either JD (trying to salvage this awful pick) or Johnson (friends with the Wilson family).

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, talonmm said:

I agree, and perhaps Saleh is being force to play Zach Wilson by either JD (trying to salvage this awful pick) or Johnson (friends with the Wilson family).

If JD is still forcing Saleh to play ZW, he’s a certified sociopath and we have much bigger problems than bad football. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

That's right.... You're the guy that said Zach Wilson can be a top ten QB. And I'm pretty sure I'm reality you're Lisa Wilson... Right Lisa?

I still believe with proper coaching Zach would be a Top 10 QB in the NFL. And FWIW there are some stats that back this up. It is the way he is being coached that is 75% of the issue.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

I still believe with proper coaching Zach would be a Top 10 QB in the NFL. And FWIW there are some stats that back this up. It is the way he is being coached that is 75% of the issue.

He has the athletic talent, or whatever you want to call it. But he doesn't have the mental make up to be a starting QB. He can't ignore the noise and he lets it affect him and cripple him. 

7 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

He has the athletic talent, or whatever you want to call it. But he doesn't have the mental make up to be a starting QB. He can't ignore the noise and he lets it affect him and cripple him. 

There is some truth to that, He is an athlete fueled by momentum. He needs to play from a position of confidence.

Favre was the same. He could also completely implode and fail miserably when things started going bad and he was prone to a bonehead play or 2 a game. But the coaches he had managed it. They realized that he is nervous and amped up so they made sure to give him a bunch of easy throws and build his confidence. And they let Favre play.

Jets do neither of those with Zach,