2022 New York Yankees

Maxman

2 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Shutout two nights in a row. Can’t make this up!!!!

They are playing so bad, it is amazing they have the lead they do.  They need to shake things up once they get some healthy bodies back. Time to call up some kids and change the energy level.

Also Hicks should be sent home. Tell him to come back in spring training and give it another shot then. He is lost in every aspect of the game.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

They are playing so bad, it is amazing they have the lead they do.  They need to shake things up once they get some healthy bodies back. Time to call up some kids and change the energy level.

Also Hicks should be sent home. Tell him to come back in spring training and give it another shot then. He is lost in every aspect of the game.

Watching the game with my Dad last night and when Hicks had bases loaded one out I made a joke that he would blast one into right field and my Dad very seriously says, “he’s going to ground into a double play.” Sure enough that’s what happened. There is no ability to string hits together on this team. We never see a double followed up by a single to drive that run in. It’s pathetic!

• Upvote 2

On 8/15/2022 at 10:14 AM, chirorob said:

Monty is on FIRE for the Cards

FU Cashman

That stupid bastard messed with the chemistry of this team and traded players like Sears and Monty who were both pitching very well and I think it pissed off a lot of players on the team Tallion made that clear.

Why in the **** would you trade Monty for an absolute scrub like Bader who not only is currently injured but is ALWAYS injured and even when he's healthy he puts up crap numbers and then turn around and call the guy Elite ??? 

JP Sears a young pitcher came up and pitched lights out and then was traded instead of being given a chance when a few of our relievers went down. This team needed hitters, contact hitters so Benintendi was a good move but that's where it ended. FWIW Benintendi is hitting a whopping .211

This team has been shut out 4 times in the last 13 games and scored 2 , 1 , 3 runs numerous times in other games . I'll take a wild guess and say the Yankees have been shut out this year more than any other team in baseball. 

If anyone thinks this team can deal with Houston, Tampa or Seattle in a playoff series they are nuts. We can pitch with anyone but we just can't consistently hit to win a playoff series. Over the last 5 years + we have had pitchers step up in the playoffs only to lose because we cant manufacture a run when needed and we can't hit good pitching. Remember the late 90's teams who were always hitting behind runners to advance them always making pitchers work and able to manufacture a much needed tying run or insurance run this team does none of those things with any consistency and they certainly can't manufacture a run.

I saw one game a few weeks ago  believe it was the 13 inning game where the Yanks got up in the 10 th or 11th inning and had runners on first and second with no outs and could not score !!!! Sorry but winning teams just don't do that. One bunt and you have runners on second and third at the very least and it would have been a great call since no one expects the Idiot Yankees to actually play baseball and bunt but instead we scored nothing I guess in a tie game hoping for a 3 run homer is better than moving runners. 

Right now I watch games and cringe because even after being shut out in 3 of the last 7 games nothing different is being done from a managing stand point to spark the team and this is all Cashman not Boone. Honestly its shocked me the entire year the wins we have put up but most of that especially early in the year was due too great pitching . This team is heading for an epic collapse the chemistry has been ****ed with and there is no way in hell this team beats either of the teams I mentioned earlier in this post. Don't be shocked if the jays or Tampa even make a run at the division . 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Barton said:

Donaldson is so bad its not even funny. Just shift Kiner to 3B and bring up 1 of the SS prospects.

Show some freaking guts, Cashman. 

Gio Urshela a clutch hitter for us and 10 years younger was traded for Donaldson and that is laughable since Urshela is beating out Donaldson in every single statistical category and I think fielding was a wash. Donaldson has 110 strike outs Gio has 61 Who the hell needs contact hitters ? Right ?

• Upvote 1

I agree with much of what you guys are saying, but... I told you that making moves was not an automatic improvement.  Benintendi for Gallo hasn't even paid off.  I did not like moving Gio or Montgomery, but plenty of people did.  I was at the game last night.  I get ripping Donaldson, but last night they had what?  4 hits?  He had one of them.  They were not as good as their record earlier in the season and they are not as bad as they are playing now.  I think this is the time to bring up one of the kids.  They need a spark. 

Also, my son is incensed that Boone said that they need more "points" instead of runs.  He feels that is a firing offense.  Can't believe that New Yorkers are doing the wave.  WTF?  Is this Canada? ******* tourists.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I Went through the Yankees entire schedule they have been shut out 9 times this year and scored 1 run 10 times most of those shut outs and one run gems were vs top teams with a few exceptions vs the Orioles. 

I'm sure when Bader and his lifetime 52 homers and 240 average in 6 years everything's gonna change cause you know he's Elite . More tidbits on this elite player .... Hes never played a full season , the most at bats he's had was 379 and the most RBI's he's had in a season was 50 . This is who we traded Monty for !! Also from looking at his advanced stats the guy can not hit an outside pitch which tells me he's a dead pull hitter and good pitching in the playoffs will run him outside all day long. This was one of the worst trades in recent memory.

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I Went through the Yankees entire schedule they have been shut out 9 times this year and scored 1 run 10 times most of those shut outs and one run gems were vs top teams with a few exceptions vs the Orioles. 

I'm sure when Bader and his lifetime 52 homers and 240 average in 6 years everything's gonna change cause you know he's Elite . More tidbits on this elite player .... Hes never played a full season , the most at bats he's had was 379 and the most RBI's he's had in a season was 50 . This is who we traded Monty for !! Also from looking at his advanced stats the guy can not hit an outside pitch which tells me he's a dead pull hitter and good pitching in the playoffs will run him outside all day long. This was one of the worst trades in recent memory.

I hated the trade too, but I think the rationale for Bader is his elite defense in CF and to allow Judge to play in RF more often. 

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I agree with much of what you guys are saying, but... I told you that making moves was not an automatic improvement.  Benintendi for Gallo hasn't even paid off.  I did not like moving Gio or Montgomery, but plenty of people did.  I was at the game last night.  I get ripping Donaldson, but last night they had what?  4 hits?  He had one of them.  They were not as good as their record earlier in the season and they are not as bad as they are playing now.  I think this is the time to bring up one of the kids.  They need a spark. 

Also, my son is incensed that Boone said that they need more "points" instead of runs.  He feels that is a firing offense.  Can't believe that New Yorkers are doing the wave.  WTF?  Is this Canada? ******* tourists.

The wave at Yankees games is sickening. It signals to me that you’re not interested in the game and don’t care about what’s happening on the field. They’re doing it in big situations too not during blowouts. It’s a shame that Yankee Stadium isn’t what it was once. My Dad had season tickets since 95 and takes me all the time. Now as time goes on and life has gotten busier for everyone in my family he’s cut it down to 12 games but the point is we used to know a lot of the people around us in our section it was nice seeing familiar faces especially since you knew they cared about the team. I went to my first game since 2019 this year after Covid and then having a tough schedule to work around in 2021 and I didn’t recognize anybody. It was sad, you could tell a lot were casuals, leaving the game early. Sorry for the rant but I had to get this off my chest.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, maury77 said:

I think I'm kinda done with Gleyber Torres. I thought his bat would come back this year after moving back to second, but it really hasn't. Any chance the team can move Volpe to 2nd so Pedraza (who has the better arm) can stay at SS?

I believe that is the plan.

Torres probably moved in the offseason, Pedraza the  SS on opening day, Volpe up at 2nd when he is ready.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

I believe that is the plan.

Torres probably moved in the offseason, Pedraza the  SS on opening day, Volpe up at 2nd when he is ready.

I like that plan, but it sucks that they refuse to veer from it or play them early in a year where they had a chance to roll through the World Series. Now its not looking so good.

3 minutes ago, Wit said:

I like that plan, but it sucks that they refuse to veer from it or play them early in a year where they had a chance to roll through the World Series. Now its not looking so good.

They screwed this year.

If they lose Judge, they are in a for a full on rebuild.   You have Hicks for years, Donaldson for another, Stanton for years (Always hurt).

• Upvote 1

3rd worst team in baseball over the past 30 days. In the same company as the A's and Tigers. Cashman has one legit WS to his name and he's been there 20 years. Ridiculous. He's gotta go and so does Boone, as much as I like him barking at umpires. 

11 hours ago, maury77 said:

I hated the trade too, but I think the rationale for Bader is his elite defense in CF and to allow Judge to play in RF more often. 

Yup that was the thought process but the guy can't hit and he cant stay on the field and we gave away a damn good pitcher who was really starting to emerge 

• Upvote 2

Montas sucks. 5+ ERA away from Oakland. One of, if not THE lowest scoring ballparks in MLB. Nice trade, Cashman. This team is going to limp into the playoffs and immediately go golfing. And Boone will most likely keep him in there for the 3rd. Don't care if it's that early, time to hit the shower. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/18/2022 at 6:49 PM, Jet9 said:

Montas sucks. 5+ ERA away from Oakland. One of, if not THE lowest scoring ballparks in MLB. Nice trade, Cashman. This team is going to limp into the playoffs and immediately go golfing. And Boone will most likely keep him in there for the 3rd. Don't care if it's that early, time to hit the shower. 

Meanwhile Monty hasn't allowed a run.

Funny how the analytics nerds dont see what happened yesterday.

Kiner beats out a single with his speed and gets to 2nd base on the throwing error. Marwin bunts him over to 3rd. Mets infiled has to move in and then Benintendi laces a ground ball past the drawn in 1st baseman, who otherwise may have gotten to the ball if he had been in his normal position had Marwin not moved him over to 3rd.

Winning baseball. Manufacturing runs. Now get Donaldson out of the lineup. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Barton said:

Funny how the analytics nerds dont see what happened yesterday.

Kiner beats out a single with his speed and gets to 2nd base on the throwing error. Marwin bunts him over to 3rd. Mets infiled has to move in and then Benintendi laces a ground ball past the drawn in 1st baseman, who otherwise may have gotten to the ball if he had been in his normal position had Marwin not moved him over to 3rd.

Winning baseball. Manufacturing runs. Now get Donaldson out of the lineup. 

You know, when the Yanks signed him, I really thought he had some gas left in the tank, but it's obvious, he's done...hitting wise that is.  Still a good glove, but we need offense from our 3rd baseman.  

• Upvote 1

Montas with 27 pitches in the 1st and Walker with 6 because this is a poorly managed team who, once again, are swinging at everything early and often. Montas might have a shutout from here on out but I don't trust this guy at all. 

• Upvote 1